TV Shows

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Re: TV Shows

Post by GreyWizzard »

I felt joy when the second ep of the current season of community stopped playing due to a file corruption.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Hercy wrote:To be fair the 3rd season sucked pretty hard too, and was just being dragged along by the goodwill of seasons 1 & 2.
It sucked, but you could see what it was doing and where it's heart was (in a way). I've only watched the first episode, but it just feels like an artist's interpretation of Community. If you've ever seen Exit Through the Gift Shop, it reminds me of the art done by the main guy in that.

Apparently the second episode (Halloween... in Feb. Right.) is meant to be okay but the third is just shit.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

The first episode felt like it was written by someone who had never seen an episode of Community but had had it described to them in detail by someone who had. The second episode was just your standard 3rd season off-campus episode. Third episode I haven't gotten around to watching yet.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Modern Family is now off my regular update list. Not watching it any more. Nicole and I are both over it.

Community AND Parks and Recreation have become absolutely desperate and I'm giving them one more episode but I think it's over for both of them too.

The Office has almost held in there but carried solely by Raine Wilson. Nobody cares about Pam and Jim. Nobody. If you care, you're a nobody. The glimmering ray of hope lately was Bob Odenkirk (aka Saul Goodman) playing a fantastic version of Michael Scott. Get this guy on board. Ed Helms' character has been written into a shitcorner. Odenkirk was perfect.

Spartacus was always crap tv but I could manage it. Not this season. I give up.

New Girl. I do enjoy it. It has a 50% chance of being a good or bad episode each time though which aren't great odds. Thankfully they're short episodes. Sometimes hilarious. Sometimes blah, terrible.

Arrow - I don't watch this show nor am I up to episode 15 and I for one don't trust his warty lipped mother at all.

House Of Lies - I'm still on board. The format is somewhat better than the first few episodes of season 1. Hard to believe you're watching anything remotely realistic though. But I wouldn't know about that. Josh Lawson is a stand out.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm going to mention a show and then I want people to pretend I didn't say it.

Bunheads.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

It's awesome. And Michelle is becoming a character instead of just Lorelai Mark II.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

It has a lot of UK-based references which will go over your head, but anyone who likes news and pop-culture satire should watch Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Hercy wrote:It's awesome. And Michelle is becoming a character instead of just Lorelai Mark II.
Oh thank god, I was worried because I love the shit out of it and thought I was the only one.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Banshee

It's awesome fun. Super violent (not the ott violence of Spartacus), and has sex in it. Such an awesome set up. Just try not to take it too seriously.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Vikings.

Title explains it really. Gabriel Byne is in it. Only 1 ep has been on but I'm liking it so far and it rated well in the US. I'm gonna give this one a go for the next couple of weeks.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I really liked Vikings.That aussie dude as Ragnar or whatever his name is is awesome. Very likeable.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Has anyone mentioned House of Cards? Worth checking out.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'll take a look.

Just thought I'd mention the latest episode of Girls. I've mentioned it. The last two episodes seem to be set around three months after the one before. So much going on in this episode though. I think this is the best tv show on right now. One of the most uncomfortable sex scenes I've watched. Kudos to the actors for pulling it off. onto her boobs.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Anyone hear about the kick starter for a Veronica Mars movie? They're asking for $2 million and have already raised over $1.7 million in a few hours.
This could really change things. I can see a firefly movie happening any day now. Stargate too!
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Yes. I was going to contribute until I saw that all rewards were for US shipping only. Hopefully the movie gets an international release.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

They made it to the $2 million Mark easy and it's still going. Will be interesting to see how this pans out and if it ultimately gets made as promised.
Raven

Post by Raven »

edgecrusher wrote:Vikings.

Title explains it really. Gabriel Byne is in it. Only 1 ep has been on but I'm liking it so far and it rated well in the US. I'm gonna give this one a go for the next couple of weeks.
So far it's almost like Skyrim: The TV Show... in the sense that they both have Vikings. ;) Really liking it.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

Raven wrote:
edgecrusher wrote:Vikings.

So far it's almost like Skyrim: The TV Show... in the sense that they both have Vikings. ;) Really liking it.
2nd Ep delivered. Really liking it now, its moving along well and has great potential to be a really good tv show. Its about fucking time we had a decent viking tv show.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Just watched all 4 eps of vikings and i'm really enjoying it. A bit of a predictable plot and some guys don't bother with accents which is a bit annoying... but still, it's got plenty to like about it! Could do with some HBO titties tho
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

did anyone ever get into "Hell on wheels" ?
dunno if its goer or not
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Nicole and I watch it. I've made up my own theme song for it. It's not Deadwood. It does want to be though.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

worth giving it a go?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I watched... the first ep. It was okay but Colm Meaney doesn't say fook enough. I was going to watch more and then got distracted by everything else.

I'm not going to back what I'm about to mention as much as Utopia but I think it's still kind of cool, "In The Flesh". It's about after the zombie apocalypse and they have found a cure. So it's about reintegrating previous zombies back into society. It's mostly human drama but done well as opposed to The Walking Dead.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

A bunch of the Veronica Mars kickstarter rewards have been opened to countries other than the US, including Australia.

I'll probably just buy the movie DVD. I already have the TV seasons on DVD and don't give a crap about signed posters.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Hercy wrote:A bunch of the Veronica Mars kickstarter rewards have been opened to countries other than the US, including Australia.

I'll probably just buy the movie DVD. I already have the TV seasons on DVD and don't give a crap about signed posters.
I'm in for $50 (+$10 postage) for a T-Shirt, DVD, digital copy and PDF of the script script. Plus the feeling that on some small way I contributed to providing some closure to this show.