TV Shows

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: TV Shows

Post by Madmya »

Vince wrote:Stranger Things. New show released on Netflix. It's set in the early 80's in a small American town. It really does feel like a throwback to the 80's Spielberg and Joe Dante films. Even The Goonies! Needless to say the show is simply fantastic! Binge watched it all last night through to today and I loved it. It's 8 episodes long at about 40-50 mins per episode. Music is obviously retro synth. Acting is uniformly excellent. Just an all round excellent show. Highly recommended.
I watched this recently and loved it too. Cool show. Wasn't quite as good towards the end there when all the intrigue was gone, but still good.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I thought I'd do those watching Westworld a little favour.

This is the song in the final moments
Listen to it. Right to the end. I nearly lost my shit. Sometimes (read all of the time) it pays to be a Radiohead fanatic.
I hope that you choke. We hope that you choke, that you choke.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

far out...the latest episode of It's Always Sunny was fucking amazing. I don't wanna say too much but they pretty much crossed every line possible. And then there's Mac's exercise bike. Thats some of the funniest shit I've seen in a while.

Has anyone watched a show called Baskets? I just watched the first season and thought it was completely brilliant.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

I loved tonight's premiere episode of The Real Housewives of Sydney. Did anybody else watch? :)

P.S: Yes, the blonde in the middle is indeed former E-Street actress and pop starlet Melissa Tkautz...
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I did Jasper. Gotta admit, it was great.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Holy shit, that song.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Megaman wrote:I did Jasper. Gotta admit, it was great.
I don't believe it...prove it by answering this below question. 8)

In the premiere episode, Victoria grabbed Athena's top and threw it into Sydney Harbour. Earlier in the episode, the ladies were making fun of what Athena was wearing, because according to them, she looked like she was wearing....

a. A garbage bag?
b. A curtain?
c. A fishing net?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Gamma wrote:Holy shit, that song.
It seems like the sort of music video Candy Arse used to jack off to (using his mum's vaseline) whilst watching Video Hits on channel 10 when he was a chubby pimply teenager. :P

He probably even stole his older sister's Smash Hits magazine for the pull-out Melissa Tkautz poster. :lol:

Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Jasper wrote:
Megaman wrote:I did Jasper. Gotta admit, it was great.
I don't believe it...prove it by answering this below question. 8)

In the premiere episode, Victoria grabbed Athena's top and threw it into Sydney Harbour. Earlier in the episode, the ladies were making fun of what Athena was wearing, because according to them, she looked like she was wearing....

a. A garbage bag?
b. A curtain?
c. A fishing net?
Fishing net.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

:shock:

Correct! Well I guess you're the new H.B.I.C ("Head Bitch In Charge") of pop culture here at Games Ranch. Go on gurl, snatch my crown...

Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Heads up everyone for "a very special episode" of Keeping Up With The Kardashians.... :cry:

E! have just released a promo for what they call......"the episode that everyone will be talking about". :shock: :shock: :shock:
The episode will of course be about Kim being bound and gagged at gunpoint by five men in her Paris hotel room, and being robbed of over 10 million dollars in jewelry (including her 7 million dollar engagement ring).

To learn more about Kim's shocking robbery, watch the ABC News America report below...
Last edited by Jasper on 20 Mar 2017 08:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Well here it is... :cry:

The below is an approximate 3 minute recap of the "very special episode" of Keeping up with the Kardashians, in which Kim for the first time ever talks about what happened to her that fateful night in Paris. Besides the five gunmen storming into her hotel room, Kim reveals that she felt one of the men was close to raping her as she was being tied up and her mouth gagged whilst she was in her bed.

Even the biggest Kardashian haters will shed a tear watching poor Kim cry about what happened to her. :cry:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Staged. Lucky there are a billion suckers like you.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Matriarch to the Kardashian Dynasty - Kris in the back of a limo cackling at getting away with yet another Kardashian scam... :keke:

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Better call Saul is back

Does anyone else here (other than Hercy) watch Girls? I completely love this show. Might be up there with some of the best tv I've ever watched. I think this is the last season too.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Yeah I watch Girls, love it.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

:up: Who do you like the most? I think I like Ray...but every character is great in their way. The only one I really don't like is Jessa. I'll admit I kind of fancy Marnie too.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I always enjoyed a Shoshanna episode.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I also like a Shoshanna episode. I liked that they focussed on her last season when she was in Japan ( or was it the season before). Elijah is also quite awesome too.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Desi is my pick from the secondary cast. You're never quite sure if it's him or Marnie who's the villain. It's probably both.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

haha...that's so true. They're both such a mess.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Cletus wrote::up: Who do you like the most? I think I like Ray...but every character is great in their way. The only one I really don't like is Jessa. I'll admit I kind of fancy Marnie too.
Definitely Ray. And I like Hannah - amazed I still find her so likeable when I can't stand Lena Dunham anymore.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

OMFG....is anyone else still watching Survivor? :shock:

The current season's theme is "Game Changers", and the contestants are all notorious players from previous seasons (this season includes the likes of Sandra, Ozzy, etc).

In what was the most shocking tribal council in history, a contestant exposed another contestant for being transgender - and tried to use it as an argument that the person should be voted out because by being transgender - the person is brilliant at deceiving others and shouldn't be trusted. The irony is the person who outed the transgender contestant is himself a gay man (and thus a member of the LGBTQ community).

All hell broke loose at tribal council with screaming and crying and an eventual meltdown. It's turned into a huge mess with the media abuzz about the incident, and Jeff Varner (the person who outed the transgender contestant) has reportedly even felt suicidal about the episode airing (which somewhat makes sense, because his platform outside Survivor has always been about LGBT rights & working with LGBT charities...and now he's been exposed as a massive hypocrite).

See what went down at tribal council for yourself...
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

I saw it. It was unbelievable. I thought the show handled it quite well.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Megaman wrote:
Cletus wrote::up: Who do you like the most? I think I like Ray...but every character is great in their way. The only one I really don't like is Jessa. I'll admit I kind of fancy Marnie too.
Definitely Ray. And I like Hannah - amazed I still find her so likeable when I can't stand Lena Dunham anymore.
Yeah same..Lena Dunham is pretty grotesque with her nutbag bullshit, yet I do enjoy Hannah.