TV Shows

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: TV Shows

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I prefer Hardcore Pawn because it just has crazier customers :lol:
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Michigan for ya!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Did anyone watch American Horror Story Asylum?

I thought this season was way better and much darker than the first. While they used everything we've seen before to try to give the viewer the creeps it still managed to be entertaining. Frances Conroy is a brilliant actress. Best Angel of Death ever. Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson are pure class.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Yeah we've been watching American Horror Story.. I liked this second season much more.. even if it was a freaking trainwreck of fuckeduppedness.
Frances Conroy, Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson were awesome.

Just finished watching Haven Season 3.
Absolutely fucking loved it. My partner and I are addicted. EMily Rose is awesome and the show just got better and better with every season. Likeable characters and an interesting and well paced main story arc. A recent poll was done on TV.com and Haven came second in the most popular scifi and fantasy genre.. pipped at the post by Doctor Who.. so as you can appreciate.. the fan following for the show is well and truly there which is great because Season 3 ended on a huge cliff hanger.
KillKen
lazy
XBL ID: KillKen

Post by KillKen »

S.H.I.E.L.D just started filming for the pilot yesterday with Clark Gregg in cast. Can't wait to see this later this year when it airs.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Utopia. Just watch it.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Actually liked American Horror Story Asylum, surprised they were able to blend so much into the story and pull it off.

Just started watching The Following (Kevin Bacon & James Purefoy), Drama/thriller, seems to be smartly written and by the end of the first episode it definitely hooks you. Purefoy plays his character pretty dam well.

Also watched Legit, imagine Louie meets Wilfred. It has Jim Jefferies as an Aussie comedian in LA trying to become 'legit' in life. About to watch the second one now, 1st was pretty good.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

GreyWizzard wrote:Utopia. Just watch it.

This is my new awesome. I feel like I owe you money now.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Cletus wrote:
GreyWizzard wrote:Utopia. Just watch it.

This is my new awesome. I feel like I owe you money now.
just watched the first ep. Awesomeness has been confirmed.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
van

Post by van »

Yeah I've grabbed the first couple of episodes. Need to catch up on The Walking Dead first, though. I'm only up to the start of the second season.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Utopia is way better than the Walking Dud...which I also watch and is without doubt, a write off.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

AgOnNy wrote:
Just started watching The Following (Kevin Bacon & James Purefoy), Drama/thriller, seems to be smartly written and by the end of the first episode it definitely hooks you. Purefoy plays his character pretty dam well.
Holy Crap that first ep was good! definately a goer!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I might have to check out The Following in between The West Wing kick I'm currently on.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

edgecrusher wrote:
AgOnNy wrote:
Holy Crap that first ep was good! definately a goer!
Yeah, can't wait for the next!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I liked the bit where Kevin Bacon threw the chair at the wall.

Ep 2 is up.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

So, after watching an interview with Timothy Olyphant and remembering that someone here recommended it (Cletus?) I finally started watching Justified.

Holy shit, it's just like a less-corny version of a modern day Walker: Texas Ranger (I imagine... I've never seeing W:TR before). Olyphant is a badass and I'm only three episodes in. It's well written, well acted but never gets too full-on or serious to become confusing. It's not a watch-every-fucking-second kinda show (a la Breaking Bad) so I have no problem having it on the background (whereas with BB, you can't not sit down and watch the whole fucking thing without doing anything else ever).

Yup. Really enjoy it. Kinda stoked I have another three whole seasons to go.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I can't lay claim to Justified. Nicole watches it and I keep threatening to but haven't gotten past the first two episodes. I did like what I watched though.

Olyphant is an ace actor. I'd say watch Deadwood if you want to see him at his best. Watch Deadwood if you want to see TV at its best.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

I watch Justified, I enjoy it. I've watched all of it so far. Timothy does a good job in it. Decent storylines and what not. Its not a epic tv show but it does deliver a good tv show throughout all the seasons so far.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Girls - Season 2 has started also. Amazing tv.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

Cletus wrote:I can't lay claim to Justified. Nicole watches it and I keep threatening to but haven't gotten past the first two episodes. I did like what I watched though.

Olyphant is an ace actor. I'd say watch Deadwood if you want to see him at his best. Watch Deadwood if you want to see TV at its best.
Yup. I enjoy him in any role I've seen him in. I'd be curious to see what he's like in Hitman... but I don't want to ruin my opinion of him. But he was good in Girl Next Door.
edgecrusher wrote:I watch Justified, I enjoy it. I've watched all of it so far. Timothy does a good job in it. Decent storylines and what not. Its not a epic tv show but it does deliver a good tv show throughout all the seasons so far.
That's kinda what I enjoy about it so far. It doesn't get too convoluted or twisted, but it's by no means a dumb show to watch.
edgecrusher

Post by edgecrusher »

Warner Bros. Green Lights Entourage Feature Film

Source: Deadline
January 29, 2013

The script for a feature film version completed last September, Entourage is now officially headed to the big screen, Deadline reports. Warner Bros. has given the green light to the continuation of the hit HBO series.

The film is said to pick up the action six months after the end of the series, which saw Jeremy Piven's Ari Gold taking a job with a major studio.

Series creator Doug Ellin will direct the big screen version and, while deals have yet to be signed, the full cast of the show is expected to be returning.

“There are interesting developments about Ari as a studio head," Ellin said last year, "and that’s still the first page for me. But foremost is the friendship between the guys who are still hanging out and going to fun parties, and it continues with the same characters.”
Fucking awesome!! :up:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Nicole calls Olyphant "the sexy cowboy" and wants to know who else here thinks he's super hot. But I refused to ask.

Utopia 103 is up. So loving this show.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

If I were gay, I'd totally go for him. Loved him in Girl Next Door (not as much as the ladies in said movie though).

Recommendation time: Legit, starring Aussie comedian Jim Jefferies and the really skinny guy who was in Road Trip. Just finished the first episode and it's pretty fucking funny so far. I'd go so far to say that FX have added another string to their comedy bow, along with Archer and Louie.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Olyphant has a little somethin somethin that does it for me.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I'm not totally sure what to think about Legit yet, it had some funny moments but felt a little bit goofy and sanitised. Some of it is because part way through the first episode I realised it was essentially a re-telling of one of his standup stories/jokes, and it didn't compare as well to that story being told via standup IMO. It's different when a situation is being explained versus watched and although it was hardly clean cut, a lot of the vulgarity in the story that made it funnier is gone because it has to be able to reach a wider audience etc. But ah well, see what the next few episodes are like.