TV Shows

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: TV Shows

Post by Cletus »

The latest episode of Girls nearly killed me. Jessa and Adam on the couch. Hilarious.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Completely forgot how fucked up this show is.

Need more.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Forged in Fire is back. Maybe 5 eps... They have shields in the mix this season. Oh recluse nerds whose only true loves are Tifa and Ivy...
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

LADY BLADE SMITHS!!! THA BEST!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

CBS has confirmed Barry will be travelling between universes to appear in Supergirl. They'll battle Silver Banshee and Livewire before Supergirl aids him in opening a wormhole back to his world.

/spoilers
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I watched all four available eps of Forged in Fire and there are so many awesome moments.

This dude was one of the best.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Cheers Grey. I didn't know there was a season 2. Show is ace. I loved the Asian dude in season 1 with the backyard set up running with a hair dryer.

out of the three for this season, I loved this moment. The pig's butthole looked like it screamed in fright.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

oh and Doug Marcaida is ace.

It will kill.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Just watching Dc's LoT and they're in 1958. Look, I don't want complete historical accuracy, it's a comic book kind of deal...but they're using the term "serial killer" and the local sheriff is completely comfortable with it. I don't think the phrase was coined until around 1970. I think the writers could at least do a little historical fact checking. Actually, the show is pretty lame. It'll probably improve like Arrow did I guess.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The last two episodes of The Walking Dead are probably the best two episodes they've made in the entire shitty series. Team goes on a proper killing spree. The only other stand out episode was the slaughter in the church a long while back.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I gave up on TWD after T Dogg 3.0 died. Not because I missed him but because the show is just terrible and I was only watching it because everyone else was watching it.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Not me...I'm not giving it up. It's in the so bad I can't stop category.

Nice little scene in Supergirl where she flicks peanuts at bottles in a bar...like in Superman 3.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Man the Supergirl/Flash crossover episode was so good and so bad at the same time. Live Wire and Silver Banshee are terrible characters made worse by being teamed together. The Barry/Kara moments were just excellent...they could totally exist in the same universe. But the villains were like pretty much every villain in every superhero show, absolutely embarrassing.

So far, the only really really ace villain in any of these super shows is Jessica Jones' Killgrave/Purple Man. He'd have to be one of the most entertaining villains I've seen so far. I think the second season of Jessica Jones will suffer if they don't find a way to bring him back into the story line.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

It was a fairly sloppy episode. Great moments with Barry and Kara, but the fights with the villains... ugh.

I think the big issue with Livewire is that she was created Ina cartoon show and has never really had much exposure in the comics. So most of her dialogue and acting is based off of the original character. She never feels fleshed out enough. Silver Banshee is a comic character and has been fleshed out and it felt like they wanted to do more with her but got shoehorned into this ep. I think CBS wanting the crossover due to Supergirls ratings slipping hurt the overall contents of the ep. Villains never got the appropriate screen time for you to like them and Barry was rushed through the ep too fast. Almost like they had an ep where she fights Banshee and LW but then oh Barry! Fit it all in!
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Who still watches the walking dead?
Anybody pick up on Trevor from GTAV is now in the show.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Arrow... I was like meh on the death but then Lance walks in and I'm crying...

I still don't buy the death due to the convo beforehand. That and it's exactly what those Olicity freaks want.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

MiNiStRy wrote:Who still watches the walking dead?
Anybody pick up on Trevor from GTAV is now in the show.
Yes I noticed. He gets around a bit now. He was in the first season of Better Call Saul too.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

GoT, Veep and Silicon Valley - all back today! It's an ANZAC day miracle. A Festivus for the rest of us.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

The Magicians

Dunno why I didn't mention this earlier as it's pretty awesome. Modern take on magic and fantasy, pretty much pulls no punches. Only real downside is aired on an American network so all f-bombs (which there are a lot) are censored (often poorly heh).

It's excellent, it handles the subject matter maturely, and it has some great laughs. I felt it was a bit stilted at the start but when they do the big magical test and it moves onto a concentrated story it became one of my favourite shows this year.

---

Fuck knows what happened to The 100. All of season 2 was amazing and some of the best tv I had seen, this season is all shock and murder and darkness. It's like the producers thought the reason people liked season 2 was only because of the big decision at the end of season 2 so try and top that in every ep of s3. It's still a good show but... it can be too dark and grim at times.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I've been watching the Magicians. I don't mind it.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Arrow last week... I don't know how to feel about that...

It feels like they were appeasing a certain fanbase and found themselves backed into a corner and had to write an important character out of existence.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Arrow... I didn't expect that at all. I guess that will answer a few questions. Cisco and Dante... I started crying. I was watching a show and then tears appeared in my eyes.

Kevin Smith's ep is next week. Yay!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Kevin Smith's ep of The Flash was excellent. I love when directors have the skill to get great performances from their actors.

Very emotional, very funny...

Jason Mewes can't act but still made me laugh. Lucky guy got two roles in the ep.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Supergirl didn't have horrible ratings but were told to cut costs if they wanted to get renewed. They changed networks to the CW and moved production from L.A. To Canada. Biggest issue wth the move is Calista Flockhart, she is L.A. based and tbh she became one of the best characters in the show. So now they may end up spending stupid amounts to get her or put her into a smaller role... or fire her... Boo-urns!

I'm hoping for some kind of flashpoint event that will ram the universes together. I could deal with aliens with all the Hal Jordan references they drop in Arrow.

Interesting to see how it alll pans out for Supergirl and the rest of the DCTVU going forward.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

The whole thing makes me wish the CW bought Constantine. The show was perfect for their network. Constantine on Arrow was great but he needs more. The actor was spot on perfect. It was like he walked out of the pages of the comics... Perfect blend of the old comics and the newer stuff.