TV Shows

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Re: TV Shows

Post by GreyWizzard »

The Flash - SPOILERS

I liked and disliked the finale. The ep was all over the place in the pacing department as they sped towards the ridiculous race. Barry acted like some character from an 80s teen comedy constantly screaming how he was going to race the cool kid to win the prize and save the summer camp... Caitlin giving us some of the most stilted line delivery in the history of entertainment "his... body... can't... handle... it..." It was all fairly messy, my wife had a look of disappointment during the entire ep.

The reveal of the man in the mask was fairly obvious. With Henry saying his mother's maiden name was Garrick it became the most obvious conclusion... I still cheered like a mother fucker when he put the hat on wearing that big arse bright red suit. JWS as Jay was the episode highlight for me. He looked great, you could see that even though he has aged he has still kept himself in shape. You can kind of forget how massive JSW really is.

The cliff hanger... uh... Pretty big. Interesting to see where they go with it. Possibility of a soft universe reboot and a way to keep Wells in the show.

I wonder if they will ever get back to the dude with the laser eyes (Doug Jones) gaining abilities outside of the blast.

Messy ham fisted poorly directed ep that only cared about the stupid race. Can't wait for next season.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Is Wally supposed to be another Flash eventually?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Yes, Wally is another speedster. He was kid flash in the comics (because we all gotta have a young ward... Barry splashed him with chemicals and electrocuted him ffs), and took over as The Flash in the mid 80s when they killed Barry and removed him from existence (Barry basically saved the multiverse by running through planes of existence and helping merge all earths into a single earth and in doing so killing himself).

Jessie Quick I guess is a gender bent Johnnie Quick who was from Earth3 in the comics.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Arrow - uh... A season happened I guess... Dhark was pretty cool but that is just down to having a cool actor in the role. Laurel's death was complete BS and I have no idea why it happened. I honestly have no idea where they are going next season. I mean they saved the entire world while making a reference to The 100.

Maybe the Flashpoint Paradox will bleed over and give it all a bit of a soft reboot that will introduce Supergirl and aliens into this universe and will hopefully bring some characters back from the dead... Laurel...
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Laurel was shocking, so is her sister. It astounds me that either of those women got the role that they did. I'm glad Laurel is gone. I was glad that they bullshitted a way of not bringing her back in LoT (also pure terrible tv).

They need to zap Felicity so the chip in her spine makes her a super. I want to see Felicity in a costume.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Laura was fine when Sarah "died". She became the Black Canary and became a better character for it. No longer was she given zero storyline and shitty clueless female dialogue. She became a better stronger independent character.

I would have preferred her to take off, hook up with White Canary, Huntress, the A Ghul chick, and the upcoming Lady Blackhawk (LoT) and make a new Birds of Prey series.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Also Cletus, from the way you talk you sound like one of those Olicity freaks.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I just prefer Felicity. I don't care who she's rooting though.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Legends of Tomorrow

I really enjoyed the scene but that's because it really scratched my DC Comics itch. I thought it was strong first season

JSA... Oh man I am excited.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Preacher

This is great.

My wife said she was a bit confused but when I asked if she wanted spoilers to help explain things she said she was happy to wait, which is a very good sign.

It's weird how much it's the comic but different... I'm in love.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Preacher was a surprise, I really enjoyed it. I followed the original series religiously, own every single issue. Was a bit worried in that they are not following the story of the comics but the casting looks solid. Should be interesting to see how the series progresses. Love the casting of Tulip, looking forward to who gets the role of Herr Starr and the Saint of Killers.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

And it has Rudy from Misfits. I liked it.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I sometimes found Cassidy hard to understand, he talks very fast. I thought Arseface was easy and the subtitles should have been for Cassidy.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Read an interesting interview with John Wesley Shipp about his role on The Flash and the greater DCTVU. He talked about how Henry had a very singular role and how it had no further development or purpose. He then talked about Jay and how the character will have a great interaction with Barry. He also talked about the JSA, mentioning that his character will be part of the JSA and will impact with Legends. With Hourman showing up in the Legends finale it could imply that the multiverse becomes singular after the flashpoint paradox... Or it could mean universal travel becomes easier. I'm hoping the multiverse crashes because it will be an easy way to introduce aliens, Supergirl and meta humans that don't need the collider explosion.

Interesting times ahead for the DCTVU.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Short interview with Benoist about a Supergirl Flash romance which would imply that the universes are easy to traverse or are in fact singular.

Oh... The answer was no romance. Besties!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Cleverman

Aussie scifi which depicts a possible alien race living among us called Hairies. They are forced to live in a segregated community or in government run camps. Some kid gets super powers and I guess is the bridge between humans and hairies.

Really good show, intriguing story that hooked me early. Can't wait to see where it goes.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Complete opposite for me. Very mixed feelings about the show, none of them positive. The show is so confusing. I understand that if anyone says they don't like this show then they're instantly going to be branded a racist. I can wear that.

Even the imagery is just so amateur hour. "Report Hairies" "Seen a Hairy"...it just doesn't ring true at all. A new subspecies of indigenous have gone unnoticed for the last two hundred years. It seems to take from the idea that humanity hasn't become more inclusive in modern times, but rather, it demands that the viewer believes that a new kind of human, exactly like our indigenous but hairier is locked up in a district 9 situation. Like Australians have been itching for an excuse to separate indigenous culture from white culture. And that might have worked in the eighties...maybe.

The show is borderline offensive. Offensive to indigenous culture and offensive to white culture. It'll definitely serve those who think every white person is a default racist while also playing into the beliefs of real racists about indigenous culture. White men can't be trusted but oddly, sections of indigenous culture can't be trusted either.

There's an agenda going on here, as there always is. It's just difficult to put a finger on what that agenda actually is.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

the fuck was with that Archer ending?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Tyler Hoechlin to play Superman in Supergirl. Last seen shirtless in nearly every ep of Teen Wolf before getting written out of the show due to people shipping him and styles and creeping the writers out. I shit you not the writers did everything to keep him and styles out of scenes together... It was ludicrous.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

The problem was made worse by the fact that Derek and Stiles had more chemistry together than either of them had with the female romantic interests lined up for them.

Allow me to clarify though.. the Sterek shipping was hot and I would have watched the shit out of it. Tyler Hoechlin is all kinds of hot.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

I thought they were happy to play that stuff up anyway. It's always been praised for depicting gay relationships as normal (ie. No holy shit you're gay!?).

I thought he left to try his luck at a movie career.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

He had almost no scenes in his final season. I'd leave too if I was treated like that.

DCTVverse kicks off with The Flash, then Arrow in week 1. Following week is Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow and then Legends.

Having The Flash start implies that Barry's actions has a great impact on the direction of all shows. With the now Earth3 characters turning up on Legends I am guessing a sift universe reboot that will merge universes and introduce Supergirl. This also allows more metahumans to appear as they are no longer hamstringed by the collider event as the only way to create powers (see Supergirl).

Arrow seems to be recruiting new vigilantes including DC's greatest vigilante, Vigilante.

Legends will be dealing with the JSA and is adding the character Citizen Steel to it's cast. I think they are going to go for a more SG1 vibe and do more zany travelling. They want to be the fun crazy show.

Supergirl... uh dealing with Cadmus I guess. Introducing Lex Luthor's sister (guessing they lost Lord) and Superman (guess a female lead ain't selling it gotta bring in the big male guns). Really uncertain if (actors name escapes me) Cat Grant is sticking around due to her been based in LA, may not move to Canada for filming.

Tom Cavanagh set to return for S3 of The Flash.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Mavy wrote:I thought they were happy to play that stuff up anyway. It's always been praised for depicting gay relationships as normal (ie. No holy shit you're gay!?).

I thought he left to try his luck at a movie career.
Given the audience they were catering for.. a gay relationship was nothing weird..

and yeah it was my understanding he left to try for a movie career...
GreyWizzard wrote:He had almost no scenes in his final season. I'd leave too if I was treated like that.
Perhaps he was off shooting in other shows/movies hence his screen time in Teen Wolf was limited. It's not uncommon.

Secondly.. treated like what? The Sterek ship was completely played up and encouraged by both actors.

I don't understand why you of all people would have such a problem with it?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I have zero issues. It's common knowledge that the writers tried to avoid it in the show hence why they were given little to no scenes together towards the end of his run.

If I was an actor and my role was given few scenes or no story I'd be looking else where too.

Oh no I complain about someone's working condition I must have issues with a gay shipping.

My eyes are sore from rolling so much.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

The writers acknowledged it but were set in the character progressions and I actually don't have a problem with this. I don't like the idea of other people thinking they can tell me how to run my business so it stands true for someone telling them how to write a show.

What is your source that the rabid fan shipping was the reason for the lack of scenes together? If it was such a problem like you make out.. they would told the actors to stop playing up to it.

Secondly.. I just read two separate articles that in 2014 Tyler was filming elsewhere and had made the decision that he wanted to explore other options for his career. Given the story arc for his character.. it made sense too plus I've not read anywhere that his lack of scenes was his motivation for leaving either. Seems odd that you claim all this information yet there is like no information I could find inferring Tyler left for being miffed at a lack of scenes. The show was moving in a different direction. Your complaints on someone's working condition seems unwarranted unless you care to state your sources?

I actually didn't say you had issues with gay shipping.. I actually implied that for someone who seems to know so much about all TV shows that you could recognise that actors move on for a variety of reasons and at times, characters don't have huge parts to play in seasons.. Hello Bran from Game of Thrones?