TV Shows

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Re: TV Shows

Post by Mavy »

Would be nice if fox picked up futurama to replace the Cleveland show (which hasn't been picked up apparently).
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

OH GOD IT'S REALLY HAPPENING. :run: :run: :run:

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yep. Apparently there is a god.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

yeah they've been posting heaps about it on teh social webs
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The Following

It's well known that Kevin Bacon has remarkable acting talents. The Following is just another chance to rub yourself down in the warmth of Bacon. But sometimes it's unfortunate to see a show get a second season. This should have been a one off deal. Kill off as many of the main cast as you like, there's nothing to follow. But as it turns out we end on a cliffhanger and the story will go on next season. I can't see how it'll work. It barely did in the first season. Unless they get Bacon to kick a few more chairs and look troubled for the entire season because there's really not much more of the story left to entertain us. Regardless, we can feel some comfort in the idea of another 15 episodes of Bacon. Hot and delicious. What?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I enjoyed it until he got his wife to the compound and then it started to drag... I think I still have three eps to go...
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I cast my recollections back an age to when Terra Nova first started. So few of us fought that battle. We were not an army. But we dug in our heels, those of us brave enough to face death or glory. That it was either us or the show and we certainly weren't standing down. Terra Nova fell first. It went down like so many rulers infected with a sickness that only a wide audience could truly nourish. Quietly. Whimpering. Deluded. But the spiritual successor to Terra Nova was bound to rise. It was in the ancient scriptures. We all know the prophesy. Terra Nova will rise again under a new banner and sigil. Darkness will hail from the breath of children. All plot lines and dialogue will be formed on set, by the players and without direction. The day has come.

It's either me or Defiance and I will not let Defiance beat me. I stood against Terra Nova during the great battle of Telev Ision. My mental sword defending every blunt and solid brown line of dialogue with an unwavering determination from the first charge to the last. And here I stand. Blood of the first generation of X. I will not be craven. Am I alone or are there others of honour among us prepared to bare witness for what great disaster the Gods have decided for us?

Edit : gotta stop reading Game Of Thrones for a while.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Yeah. Watching defiance defiantly. First two episodes weren't too bad. I thought the third sucked. Unfortunately the back story sounds more interesting than the story they are trying to tell now. Even though they have said stuff all about how the world of defiance came to be.

I also can't help but remember the production quality of the stargate shows and wonder why this looks so much worse.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

The age makeup in the last ep of "New Girl" was fantastic. When Nick smiled I was in tears.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yup that was one of the better episodes.

I'm currently downloading the first episode of a little show called Family Tools.

The one review I've read completely shitbinned the show and gave odds of it being yanked by the third episode. I'm in.

Edit : I got three smirks in the episode and two or three Hahas. It's bad but not as bad as Modern Family or Cougar Town. It's like a shit Malcolm in the Middle or an even shittier My Name Is Earl.
jobbidiar
XBL ID: jobbidiar
PSN ID: jobbidiar
Steam ID: jobbidiar

Post by jobbidiar »

A very good show to watch I highly recommend to watch is called "Orphan Black" It's been recently renewed for second season I can see this being a cult hit down the track.... the main actress in it is brilliant to say the least...don't want to explain the premise really, best of seeing for yourself.
Uncharted 4 GOTY 2015 (unless it's broken like MCC)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Yeah Orphan Black is great. I still find it odd that her gay sidekick is the nerdy guy from Unnatural History.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Just finished watching season 1 of The Americans - outstanding. Love the 80s vibe it has going on and even makes me feel a little nostalgic. This year a lot of my favourite series ended or are ending (Fringe, Breaking Bad) and new ones like Justified and homeland whilst being proficient aren't quite up to snuff. Looking forward to season 2.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
KillKen
lazy
XBL ID: KillKen

Post by KillKen »

Agents of Shield:
SCHWEET!!!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Pfft. Not even the best TV trailer today.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfU2Td_M ... detailpage[/youtube]
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I laughed so hard there were tears. Gob is back.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

so I've finally gotten around to watching Enterprise. I'm about halfway through season 2 at the moment, and it's nowhere near as bad as I had been led to believe. I reckon I would have liked a movie made of the series.

...and of course, I wish they'd make a new Trek series already.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

I've watched about 5 episodes of Continuum and I'm really enjoying it so far. It reminds me of classic episodic sci-fi series like quantum or sliders but with better production value and less cheese. Dig it.

edit: Nice candy too - the main girl is not bad but I looooove Andromeda <3
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Did anyone else stay for the full duration of The Office (U.S)? Final episode next week. Michael Scott looks to be doing a return.

Really happy with the way they're winding it up. I like how the very start Manager/Assistant To the Manager behaviour is repeated through Jim and Dwight at an altered level. "It pleases him!" Jim playing a loyal AttM to Dwight is one of the nicest things all season. Daryl's dance scene was terrible.

I'll miss them all. The show certainly clung to life in this last season. Losing Carell was too much of a hit on the dynamic. The writers clearly got lost and desperate in the last two seasons at least. I think Carell could smell it. But for me I'd put it up there with one of the best U.S comedy series even having watched the original UK series first. It's not better but it's not inferior either. Nine seasons. One or two too many probably. There's some pure gold in there. And tomorrow it all ends.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I think they ended it nicely. Predictable but worthy.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... w-20130514

One of my all time fav movies "From Dusk Till Dawn" gonna be turned into a tv show, might have to keep my eye out and see how or if this develops.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I really haven't felt much for this season of Mad Men. It's been so depressing and I'm actually sick of Don's lack of a soul. It's like all they have left to tell is the minutia. I might get an urge to pick it up again later.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

Cletus wrote:I'm actually sick of Don's lack of a soul
Same reason I stopped watching it. Charcter goes nowhere and you wonder why you're supposed to care about him. Pity as it was awesome for a few seasons.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Four episodes into House of Cards and really enjoying it.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Really enjoying Hannibal. This version of Hannibal is in my opinion a far better portrayal than Sir Anthony Hopkins' version. And I really like the style of the show. Definitely some stuff questionable writing. I'm sure I've said this before but it's more forgivable than Homeland and similar "serious" dramas. Stay out of Boston though.