TV Shows

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Re: TV Shows

Post by GreyWizzard »

Holy Dooley The Flash!

That portal scene, 90's Flash, Black Green Arrow, Supergirl, Jonah Hex, Grodd and the Legionnaires. So awesome.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Also the numbers on speed dial in Barry 2's house, Bruce, Dianna and Hal...

This show just gives me all the things I want.

Looks like King Shark is back in 2 weeks.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

I just watched episode 2 of American Crime Story: The People v. O. J. Simpson, which heavily focused around the "Bronco Police Chase" (on the day O.J was supposed to surrender to police for murder charges, he tried to flee Los Angeles - in what turned into a highly televised live police chase with over 100 million Americans watching O.J with a gun to his head threatening suicide in his speeding car - and trying to flee dozens of police cars and helicopters that were tailing him).

What I absolutely LOVED the most about this episode, was the Kardashian kids clapping their hands and chanting their surname over and over again when they watched their dad appear on television during a press conference about O.J....

:keke:
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I thought episode 2 was pretty week. And I think the constant reminders that Kim Kardashian was tangentially involved in these murders is getting to be a bit much. In episode 3 I expect Ross from Friends will just start introducing himself to everyone as Kim Kardashian's dad.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

GreyWizzard wrote:Holy Dooley The Flash!

That portal scene, 90's Flash, Black Green Arrow, Supergirl, Jonah Hex, Grodd and the Legionnaires. So awesome.
Yeah, I thought of the comment you made the other day about The Flash appearing in Supergirl and I thought, there's your answer. It is a separate universe. I thought it was the same one, considering that The Arrow and The Flash seem to share the same universe but are so damned different.

Enjoying LoT too but the White Canary is one of the weakest characters of all these superhero shows.. I couldn't stand her in Arrow and I'm not loving her in this either. I think I just dislike the actress tremendously.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

The Goldbergs.....

Loving this show, watched nearly 2 seasons in 2 weeks.
If you grew up in the 80s you need to watch, especially if you where a movie fan of the 80s and pretty much jumped on all the fads growing up as a kid. It's pretty much based on the shows producers life and at the end of each episode shows a clip from his own films as a kid which made up the story for that episode.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I really enjoyed the first ep but find I don't have time for sitcoms unless it has some over arching storyline thing... like himym...

Man I wish I had time to watch everything I wanted to.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

If you're still on the fence about the new X-FIles, don't watch the latest episode. Just wait until next week's which brings back the alien story arc. Seriously, just do not be tempted at all to watch this most recently aired episode. As far as you're concerned, this mini series had 5 episodes.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Too late for me, I saw it and was actually wondering what you thought of the closing conversation between Mulder and Scully. And yeah, what a sham this is becoming.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I liked the first 4 episodes.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I enjoyed the ep, but to me the x-files has always been the monster of the week investigation episodes. I've always felt their central story eps were weak. It's not that I find the alien conspiracy stuff uninteresting, it that I feel they are bad story tellers.

The first ep of the new series was terrible. It had terrible pacing due to the story jumping all over the place and it felt like everyone forgot how to act. That story should have been two episodes. I was surprised people stuck around for a second ep due to how bad it was.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Grey liked it... confirmation that the episode was terrible.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

So far I've only liked the first episode. If Rhys Darby couldn't enhance a comedy episode, nothing could.

And this last episode has me bewildered as to why they bothered to reboot the series with the material they've gone with. The latest episode is embarrassing. The message is all over the place, and apparently any old pill allows Mulder to speak with the spirit world.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I think she gave him "shrooms" but made up the story about the vitamin pill to keep Skinner from having to fire them both. But let's stop talking about this episode because my god it was bad.

Apparently Chris Carter wrote it. I think the X-Files has the George Lucas syndrome. Thanks for creating the universe, but please now go away and let other people write and direct everything.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

At least the upside was they got to play Achy Breaky Heart. That has to be worth something to someone, somewhere.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

11 22 63

I'll be able to watch this. James Franco goes back in time through a time closet and has to change the past by stopping the Kennedy assassination. I didn't mind it.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

The X-Files has taken a hell of a gamble on there being a new movie or series. Because otherwise, fuck that.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Girls is back by the way. Great first ep to this season. Yet to punish myself with the latest X files.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

King Shark is back on Flash tonight.

He's a motherfucking shark!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Hercy wrote:The X-Files has taken a hell of a gamble on there being a new movie or series. Because otherwise, fuck that.
Very much so. Either way most of the intended ending should be obvious. They'll save the human race and take another season or movie to get to that conclusion.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I actually really enjoyed having the X files back. So far really enjoyed all 5. Just seems they've tried to cram too much story into a 6 show series. Still, haven't disliked any episodes and thought they were all good to great. Hanging for the last episode and really hoping they do another series. Maybe bring back some of the other writers as well (Gilligan maybe)!!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Really enjoyed the latest X Files series. Just great seeing Mulder and Scully on the same screen together was nostalgic - and both looking fitter than they ever did before. Heard it is coming back again for another mini series which is good, would prefer a 12 episode limited run but happy with 6. Particularly since the last episode ends on a massive cliffhanger - not spoiling much there, creates interest in the next series.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Fla a a a a a aash
Fla a a a a a aash

that was Flash to the tune of Smoke on the Water. Zoom finally revealed. I did not expect it to be Oliver Queen.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I was theorising about zoom and the possibility of doors to other worlds also opening. That and they already said Zoom's alter ego in a previous episode.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

guttermouth wrote:The Goldbergs.....

Loving this show, watched nearly 2 seasons in 2 weeks.
If you grew up in the 80s you need to watch, especially if you where a movie fan of the 80s and pretty much jumped on all the fads growing up as a kid. It's pretty much based on the shows producers life and at the end of each episode shows a clip from his own films as a kid which made up the story for that episode.
This show is just great. Whenever I catch it.. I really enjoy it. It's snappy and the mum is hilarious.