So how about that Microsoft Surface?

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Re: So how about that Microsoft Surface?

Post by Kangawallaby »

After 5 days with this thing I'm happy to report its the perfect device for me. I have used a tablet in conjunction with my phone since the first iPad. This thing weighs similar to that original iPad yet has a much larger screen and is a full blown laptop internally. My Z4 Sony Tablet that is 5 months old is already on eBay.
Is it as good as the Z4 as a straight out tablet. Probably not but as a device that can do anything it can't be beat.
2nd place is the first loser....

GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

All this ragging on my laptop caused it to say NUP FUCKA YA.

Weird way to go out too.. Numberpad would not work and the numbers at the top of the keyboard would only type their symbols. Same problem with the virtual keyboard. The MS tech said that the Laptop is fucked and needs to be wiped clean.. COMPLETELY.

All I heard was - GO GET A NEW DESKTOP WITH 27 inch DUAL MONITORS.

I made it so.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

So I got a Surface Pro 4 last month. I quite like it. I used to be a sceptic of the Surface line but they've improved to the point where I sought out some time with one to give it a try and it won me over.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:All I heard was - GO GET A NEW DESKTOP WITH 27 inch DUAL MONITORS.

I made it so.
:lol: :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Upgraded my OG Surface Pro on the weeked. Couldn't say no to this deal:

Source

I am as shocked as anyone that Harvey Norman had the best deal I could find. JB Hi-Fi for example had the same model, but without the GeForce 940MX, so integrated graphics only, for $50 more. Not that I'll be playing too many games on it, if any, but still, the option is nice. A few peeps at work have Yogas or Ideapads and I haven't heard any complaints.

After 5 years with the Surface Pro I wanted something that was a laptop first, tablet second. This fit the bill nicely and didn't cost an arm and a leg like the newer Surface models do. And I'm still more than happy with the performance of my Surface Pro, I just needed more of a genuine laptop, so the lack of beastly specs (for a 2-in-1) didn't bother me either.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I was disappointed when I grabbed a surface pro 5 for a new starter at work, bought a usb-c hub as I just assumed at a quick look that the side was usb-c but to our surprise it's fucking miniDP. How can u not have usb-c in the latest as a connectivity is beyond me, still sexy though.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Upgraded my OG Surface Pro on the weeked. Couldn't say no to this deal:
I do love Lenovo's, especially Thinkpads. Can't without the trackpoint nowadays.