New road law for NSW in effect this Thursday. You will lol.

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

You now have to indicate left if you plan on going STRAIGHT at a roundabout. $200+ for failure to do so.

What fucking idiot thought up this shit and which ball-ticklers approved it?

This shit is going to cause so many fucking accidents.

To clarify, this is BEFORE GETTING ON THE ROUNDABOUT.
Yoshi Sonic

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

I was going to say I already do that when exiting, until I saw your last sentence. That's berko! Someone will pull out in front of you thinking that you were going to turn. If it was must indicate right before entering I'd understand cause that's what we were taught in NT. Queenslanders just don't know how to use indicators full stop.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: New road law for NSW in effect this Thursday. You will l

Post by guttermouth »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously a revenue raiser nothing more...
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Revenue for who? Panel beaters?
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Okay, turns out it might have been another Channel 9 fuckup. :lol

It's AFTER you're on the roundabout. Fucking Peter Overton, get your shit straight.

I can't wait for that piece of shit station to go under.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

So once you pass the round about and intend on going straight you must indicate left?
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

flipswitch wrote:So once you pass the round about and intend on going straight you must indicate left?
Yes, which isn't great, but channel 9 explained it as having to indicate before - to let people know that you're getting on the roundabout at all and not just parking at the entry to the roundabout.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

I thought indicating left to exit a roundabout has always been the law, even when going straight. Although nobody does cause it's fucking retarded.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Sounds like a great way to evade the cops.Indicate left but continue going straight! Yes I know I should be a cartoon writer.
Misly
Blackened is the end
XBL ID: Misly

Post by Misly »

:rock:
flipswitch
que
que

Re: Re: New road law for NSW in effect this Thursday. You wi

Post by flipswitch »

stanard wrote:I thought indicating left to exit a roundabout has always been the law, even when going straight. Although nobody does cause it's fucking retarded.
Is that so? I was never told that in driving school.Maybe it's a NSW thing.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

stanard wrote:I thought indicating left to exit a roundabout has always been the law, even when going straight. Although nobody does cause it's fucking retarded.
Yeah, that's right. Great thread!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Yeah you always indicate off the roundabout. I hate people who don't...
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Yep, I do it all the time. You indicate left on your exit, was part of my driving test in 1996.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Election NOW.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Yeah I thought indicating left to announce your exit was normal? I hate people who don't indicate. It makes sense. Put your blinker on upon passing the exit before Your exit. Roundabouts are pretty simple. Stupid people make them an ordeal in some places...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I don't care so much about people not indicating when they're going straight, but I sure as hell hate it when people don't indicate everywhere else... or turn/change lane AND indicate at the same time, making the blinkers completely useless.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Amen.
My pet hate is "ninjacating" - where one has one's indicator on for one flash only.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Yep, and people that don't indicate if other cars aren't around. It's there for pedestrians too ya dickheads!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Pedestrians, lol, don't walk on the road then. It's not brain science.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

I think it makes more sense to indicate left than not to since when you go clockwise in a circle you are pretty much just going left when exiting that circle.

Although the fine seems stupid. Best to try to out run the cops. While doing so they might catch another guy failing to indicate and show more interest in busting them instead of you because it is easier/safer.

If they continue to chase it is training them for the time when they have to catch more serious bad guys like bank robbers and murderers. You are offering them a service. Much like soldiers in wargames. Kids and grannies also get exercise too when trying to dodge you in a school zone. The government always looks at the negatives side to things just so they can take money. They always hype and exagerate the dangers of things on tv to make themselves look tougher than they are. (maybe the criminals are just actors and stunmen)

And now they get to have more military hardware like drones and things which destroys privacy. Fucking pussies. I hate it when cops bully people. Yes we need laws but sometimes letting people off and giving a warning is better and maybe even rewarding people for good behavior is more useful. The public is getting angry because the roads are so jam packed as more of the immgrants rush to live here, you have to rush past the crap drivers to get to the destination quickly. They never want to look at it from the perspective of the people driving. The only solution to this is when we can finally drive using flying cars like in the sci fi movies.

Roundabouts are in fact quite dangerous to begin with. They are too confusing to some people. Just don't have them. But the government loves them so they can fine the confused people to make money.
Last edited by GameHED on 31 Oct 2012 09:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

^ da fuq?

Also,
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

t0mby wrote:Pedestrians, lol, don't walk on the road then. It's not brain science.
If we had one lane bridges it would be easier for them to not walk on them.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I too was taught to indicate left before exiting when going straight, but I think previously it was worded so that you only had to do it if it was "reasonable to do so" or something equally ambiguous. Which of course meant few people bothered, because it was never enforced.

I'm all for the change- it simplifies the roundabout rules and makes roundabouts easier and safer to use. I question why people indicate at all if they can't see the purpose in doing so here.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The cops have way too much powers.

They can beat up black people without getting punished.

Will probably be using drones to spy on you 24/7 so they can extract more money off jaywalkers.

They don't want to recognise the constitution in countries like america where people can refuse search with lawful excuse. (checkpoints all over the place)

Come on man. We are becoming a nanny state. And the cameras being placed are not to fight criminals it is part of a larger plan to hunt down peaceful protesters.

At some future date the UN is going to usurp the power of the nation's own ability to govern things and I believe certain things are in place to bring anarchy (like the protests you see on mainstream TV that are funded by left wing extreme branch of the left wing branch of the iluminati ) so that the right wing groups can then introduce the 'solution' to those events which is to bring in more police powers and eventually more pro-big brother technologies to spy on all of us. (loss of freedom = good for you)

The right wing takes your money and rights away. The left hires the violent gangs and protesters to cause enough chaos. The lizards then offer the solution which is to sell the government drones and deadly tazser to beat up the innocent guy who is just trying to get to work quickly so his boss doesn't fire him for being late.

Man you guys are dumb. Flying cars now. They have been seen as UFO for a long time. That technology is something that should be shared and used for the benefit of humanity.

There is no justice in this world where judges are members of secret societies like the freemasons and can protect each other if one of them fucks up and does something unlawful. (it is part of the secret oath each brother swears when entering the society - lie for the brotherhood)
Whenever a cop gets busted, the other cops will just rally around to protect him instead of helping to bring justice and fighting for truth. Whenever a pedophile priest is caught, he gets off because he is elite or has some powerful connection.

As much as I like law and order, we need to remind the governments we the people only let them have power with our consent not because they are our bosses. Without the rule of law (not the rule of men) civilisation would fall apart. Secretly it is falling apart which is why people are more violent than people in previous times and kids are having to be medicated with drugs to suppress their emotions. I suspect possibly it's to cover up abuses they had to go through as children, and the drugs help the abuser to keep up the abuse and say the person being abused is merely crazy, much like in terminator 2 when sarah conner was being raped by the workers at a mental institution. They are going to do this to you and your kids in future if you have thoughts that are not pro-government - there are preparations being made to counter this. Movies like Equilibrium are great warnings of what will be the future. This is similar to how old people get abused for free at aged care facilities or little kids get abused at child care facilities. The illuminati want you to rely on these services which are fronts for experimenting on people and torturing your defenceless relatives without you knowing anything due to how nobody will believe old people or children over the word of a professional worker at these places.

In the recent judge dredd movie the future is shown where people live in massive buildings and are packed together in small area with no freedom and no trees. This is what the UN want. Put everyone into one big city and leave the wilderness areas free for hunters to hunt animals for sport and for rich people to place golf course while we all live in prison (designed to look like houses) where the doors are locked whenever they want and we are trapped and there is no sunlight! Every city is a slum and overpopulated and Judges can just kill people on the spot with no jury and no way for the accused person to defend themselves if the Judge is doing unlawful activity. It's the illuminati's wet dream.

In the scene when the hobo got crushed by the closing door, did you see dredd care about that? No. Because human life has no value in that future. This will be the future police: they are more like soldiers, and prefer killing not protecting people and imprisoning them. (the prisons are just too full because of how many petty laws have been put in place to make it easy to put people in prison for minor things)
They are preparing you for the world of Judge Dredd.
The main villain in the movie wasn't even that tough and was in fact a victim of being abused. And the black guy who had his dick bitten for thinking about wanting to fuck the sexy female cop was not commiting a crime for doing that, just thinking!! But the psychic cop hurt him just for thinking about it. Hehe As I said we are not too far from the future because today we have 'thought police'! (censored shit everywhere, not allowed to erase search history on the internet because police can access the ISP to snoop on what you looked at or thought about, warrantless searches etc)

We are reaching a very violent time in history. It is inevitable that humans must die to clear the way for more peaceful beings on earth imo. We are not more evolved than the monkey and people are less spiritual today now that they are attached to physical things of the world. For example fighting and killing each other for control over land even though earth is fated to be destroyed in future anyway. (prophecies talk about it and the mayans knew a lot of shit they shouldn't have been able to like all the math and stuff. I personally don't believe them but you have to admit there is a lot of effort to stop us from going back to the moon to see who is up there and government cover up of UFOs and other strange phenomena in the skies)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto