2013 Federal Election

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Vzzzbx
Bob Brown’s Rainbow Cumrag
XBL ID: Fairlie Arrow
PSN ID: vzbxvzbx
Steam ID: vzbxvzbx

2013 Federal Election

Post by Vzzzbx »

That's your scene set.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: 2013 Federal Election

Post by Cletus »

Oh hai Vzzzbx
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

hai
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Is that really the front page of the Daily Tele?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Would you be surprised if it was?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Well I don't really read newspapers, but yeah it would! You can't spout opinion on the front page. Tsk tsk tsk.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I'm sure it's just coincidence that last week Murdoch flew in reinforcements from the US for "two or three months".
The full email to News Corp Australia:

I am writing to inform you of a temporary change we are undertaking to provide our Australian newspapers with additional editorial direction at a particularly challenging time.

I have asked Col Allan, Editor-in-Chief of the New York Post, to spend the next two or three months working with Kim Williams and providing extra editorial leadership for our papers, which are in the midst of an important period of transition in our key markets.

Col, who will be in our Australian offices next Monday, will return to his position as Editor-in-Chief of the New York Post following the assignment. In his temporary absence, Jesse Angelo, the Publisher (and a former Executive Editor) of the Post, will oversee our very talented journalistic team.

I would like to thank Col for taking on this project. It will be invaluable for our papers in Australia to have the benefit of his insight, expertise and talent. I am also grateful to Jesse for his willingness to accept additional responsibilities during this time. His talent and dedication are greatly appreciated.

The ability to utilize our assets globally and across platforms is a core strength of the new News Corp – we all have much to learn from each other.

Robert Thomson

Chief Executive
The fact that Rupert Murdoch wants the Coalition to win the election so badly should be scary to all voters.
Misly
Blackened is the end
XBL ID: Misly

Post by Misly »

Non of the parties are going to fix the shit I want fixed, so fuck 'em all
:rock:
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I'd be more worried about the fact that the dickheads at Fairfax want to keep Labor in. Terrible. God I hope they get rid of Rudd.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Why would that worry you?
mech

Post by mech »

Because Labor has been a complete and utter mess and bad for the country, and yet they want to keep them in?
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

That doesn't at all explain why you're worried about Fairfax.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

I think you should listen to the Tele, it says they're for Sydney afterall.

What a strange thing to put in their logo. They feel the need to tell people? They felt it was in doubt?
mech

Post by mech »

Hercy: Are you being purposefully obtuse or just dumb?

You say "The fact that Rupert Murdoch wants the Coalition to win the election so badly should be scary to all voters."

Why? Why should that be scary? Meanwhile you're not worried that our biggest competitor to News is being so utterly and ridiculously biased that they want to keep in a government that is actually bad for the country.

Even the Daily Telegraph said it was time for Howard to go in 2007. Anyone with half a brain can see it's time for Labor to go.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Seeing that cunt Rudd on TV yesterday reminded me what an absolute piece of shit he is. So many lies.
I can't believe I think I actually prefer Julia.

Labor pretending to be their own opposition.
Rudd being back and spouting slightly right of centre just highlights how we only have right and extreme right options.

I'll be going back to good old informal. I can't bring myself to vote for any of these fuckers.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

mech wrote:Hercy: Are you being purposefully obtuse or just dumb?

You say "The fact that Rupert Murdoch wants the Coalition to win the election so badly should be scary to all voters."

Why? Why should that be scary?
Because Murdoch and News Ltd are bereft of ethics and regularly exploit weak and vulnerable people and groups. The organisation does not take any action against its journalists when they are found by Courts to breach the Racial Discrimination Act.
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

mech wrote:Hercy: Are you being purposefully obtuse or just dumb?

Why? Why should that be scary? Meanwhile you're not worried that our biggest competitor to News is being so utterly and ridiculously biased that they want to keep in a government that is actually bad for the country.

Even the Daily Telegraph said it was time for Howard to go in 2007. Anyone with half a brain can see it's time for Labor to go.
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Re the Tele taking Rudd's side in 2007:

1. http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/whe ... 61133.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. There was no NBN to threaten Foxtel in 2007
mech

Post by mech »

Ahahaha.

Also even though this is Fairfax, I'm still going to blame Murdoch and the NBN.

http://www.afr.com/p/opinion/mandate_is ... 2hkIi9BWnL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Excellent front page.

Yes, please fuck off ALP.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

mech wrote:Why? Why should that be scary? Meanwhile you're not worried that our biggest competitor to News is being so utterly and ridiculously biased that they want to keep in a government that is actually bad for the country.
Murdoch is a business man and his track record shows not much if anything (decency, the law) will stand between him and getting business over the line.

As for Fairfax they've editorialised for changes to Liberal governments as well.
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

At least he's being frank about his bias now.

Interesting how the Coalition zombie rhetoric has changed from 'Murdoch is not biased' to 'but it's okay for newspapers to have a voice'. Unless you're that wicked bastion of communism Fairfax.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

What I've observed from News columnists and regular commenters is commercial media is private enterprise and so should be allowed to print what they like, usually said alongside their whinging that the taxpayer-funded ABC is left-biased. Which makes their whinging about Fairfax even more mopey.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Abbott truly is a reaper.

http://www.vectorpoint.com.au/2013/08/l ... -thats-ok/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I like your cute attempts at conspiracy theories.

Personally I'm much more intrigued by this one:
For comprehensive Earth action, an all-of-the-Earth representative democracy is required. That is, a global parliament...

...let us here in Hobart, and around the world, highly resolve that through global democracy we shall save the Earth from perishing.

...Let Australia take the lead in peacefully establishing a global parliament. I explained that this ultimate democracy would decide international issues.

...That query ‘will people a hundred years from now thank us?’ should be inscribed across the door of Earth’s parliament.

-Bob Brown

See that latin there? That says 'Novus Ordo Seclorum'. It means New World Order, or in laymans terms 'One World Government'.

If you still think 'nationalism' is the biggest threat to you, then you are 60 years behind the curve. Get with the times.

Let this picture of Bob Brown inform your interpretation of his calls to 'clean up the media' while the national broadcaster unashamedly backs him and his union bully boy mates at the Labor party, funded by tax payers money instead of reader demand.
-------------------------------------