2013 Federal Election

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: 2013 Federal Election

Post by Cletus »

You're both wrong. They like to be referred to as The Stolen Generation.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I think she likes to be called 'Nova Peris' actually. I'm not sure how preferable 'that Aboriginal senator' is to 'that Aborigine senator'.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Don't be silly, we can't say "that token Nova Peris".
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Seraph wrote:you would say "Englishmen can not..."
That's so sexist, what about the Englishwomen?
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Hercy wrote:Don't be silly, we can't say "that token Nova Peris".
Why not? If Julia Gillard wanted a token Aboriginal MP she could have gone to any number of Aboriginal women sitting in the NT Parliament, who have proven experience and ability in the role. Some of then are even members of the ALP. Clearly she was more interested in picking someone who is Nova Peris.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

The Liberal party flag wavers on this forum don't like Pliber­sek and think she's unelectable? Wow I'm shocked.

I like her, I think she would be a good candidate in six or so years when Labor has something resembling a chance again. Certainly a better choice than Shorten, he will never be PM.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

It's not us, Bob Hawke said she was unsuitable for the job because she had a three year-old kid. At the same time he endorsed Bill Shorten who also has a three year-old kid.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Cletus wrote:A little over 4000 likes on the Facebook. I'd have thought it would be more popular.
2013 Federal Erection. Please update the thread title.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Didn't Bill Shorten ditch his wife to be with the Governor's daughter?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

He certainly fucked Kevin and Julia.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Walking the walk so far.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andr ... ce/#129483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

What's up with Canberra property prices? $840/week for that?
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Megaman wrote:It's not us, Bob Hawke said she was unsuitable for the job because she had a three year-old kid. At the same time he endorsed Bill Shorten who also has a three year-old kid.
At least we know Bill Heffernan won't disapprove of Plibersek's three year old.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I do like the fact that the Bishop stepped in and stopped the ridiculous 1800 dollar a night rooms but I would expect politicians to fly first class if I were booking for them. They are representing the country after all, the rest of the staff can piss off to economy or business for the higher ups.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Albo reckons that Gillard stayed at the same AFP quarters from time to time.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Yeah right, there's no way Tim would've put up with those conditions! Don't you know who he is?
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

She lived down the road from me before she moved into the Lodge. There was an AFP guy parked in the middle of the road 24/7.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

This News Ltd spread looks awfully familiar:

I feel like I've seen it before.

Oh yeah, it looks like this parody News Ltd did when Labor was proposing new media regulations:

I guess the laws must have been snuck through after all.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

Brilliant.
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Did anyone catch the mild controversy after The Chaser's post election show depicted a photoshopped image of conservative commentator Chris Kenny having sex with a dog? Free speech advocate Andrew Bolt wrote about it here - http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andr ... f_the_abc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway published today is a pretty zing-worthy piece from Chris Kenny's son, Liam Kenny, defending The Chaser.

http://junkee.com/in-defence-of-the-cha ... -dog/19967" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In Defence Of The Chaser’s False Depiction Of My Dad Having Sex With Dog
By Liam Kenny 18/9/13 35 13436

Last week, an ABC-TV political comedy program displayed a Photoshopped image depicting Chris Kenny, a prominent critic of the ABC, having sex with a dog from behind.

It was a response to an election-night suggestion from Kenny — a political commentator, News Corp Australia employee and former Liberal Party staffer — that the new Coalition government should cut the public broadcaster’s funding. The visual gag was crass, to be sure. A cheap shot. A dog act. But is it really so offensive?

Chris Kenny is my dad. On one of the Sky News political analysis programs he hosts, he has replied to the Chaser joke, lamenting that if his children were ever to Google his name in the future, this is the kind of filth we would stumble across.

Heaven forbid.

Kenny is a staunchly neo-conservative, anti-progress, anti-worker defender of the status quo. He is an unrelenting apologist for the Liberal Party. He was one of Alexander Downer’s senior advisers at the time of the Iraq War. He’s been known to argue for stubborn, sightless inaction on climate change. He spits at anyone concerned with such trivialities as gender equality, environmental issues or labour rights from his Twitter account on a daily basis. Recently, he characterised criticism of the lack of women in Tony Abbott’s Cabinet as a continuation of the Left’s “gender wars”. He is a regular and fervent participant in The Australian’s numerous ongoing bully campaigns against those who question its editorial practices and ideological biases. The profoundly irresponsible, dishonest, hate-filled anti-multiculturalist Andrew Bolt has recently referred to Kenny on his blog as “a friend”.

And it’s a jokey picture of a bestial embrace that I should be afraid of discovering online?

Like clockwork, and in the unlikely company of the ABC’s Media Watch, the Murdoch newspapers have taken up the question of just how this image could possibly have been allowed to go to air. In what is perhaps the most idiotic contribution, The Australian’s ‘Cut And Paste’ section has asked whether prominent feminist Anne Summers is as offended by this joke as she was by the sexual vilification of former PM Julia Gillard. To equate the two things is a ridiculous move, typical of the desperate, flat-earth refusal in some corners of liberalism to acknowledge the existence of gender politics. Involving Summers in this episode for no sound reason is transparent ideological sniping.

In the Daily Telegraph, the always yawn-inducing Tim Blair suggested that Kenny would be treated much more kindly by the public broadcaster if he were an Islamic terrorist — flogging an excruciatingly worn out, tired slur. In the Herald Sun, populist torch-bearer Bolt has demanded to know why ABC managing director Mark Scott has allowed this deterioration of standards to occur on his watch. Standards in media and cultural sensitivity, of course, being Bolt’s twin areas of expertise.

‘The Left’ is often characterised by those who appoint themselves as its opponents as lacking a sense of humour, too ‘politically correct’ and too self-righteous to lighten up and take a joke. No doubt Kenny, Bolt and Blair would argue that the difference in this case is that tax-payers fund the ABC, and should not have to hand over their hard-earned cash for this type of trash.

And I tend to agree. Let’s see the ABC give back every cent of what it cost them to use Photoshop for thirty seconds. Maybe I’ll spend the spare change on a bus to go see the Great Barrier Reef before it, like the Chaser’s dog, is completely fucked in the arse.

-

Liam Kenny studies in Sydney. He is Chris Kenny’s son.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Wow, just wow.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

key points there:

1. Liam Kenny is studying (assuming at uni) which explains half his shit

2. sounds like his rebelling against his father figure or he hates his Dad

And finally just as I was sick of Jessica Rudd, I coudln't give a fuck about Liam Kenny either or anyone else's childrens viewpoint, please all gtfo!
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
mech

Post by mech »

Hahahaha, I love how self-righteous lefties can be. Uni students are the best.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I hope Clive Palmer can hang onto his lead :(
mech

Post by mech »

He's like 1 vote ahead atm.

Man, it is _hilarious_ watching all my friends whoop and cheer about Indi... like they actually give a crap who's elected there?