2013 Federal Election

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: 2013 Federal Election

Post by itch »

What about this moles husband?

On their very first date, in 1991, Michael Coutts-Trotter told Pliber­sek that he had served almost three years of a nine-year prison sentence on a drugs charge. He'd done time in maximum-security jails like Long Bay, Bathurst and Parra­matta ("A genuinely bleak place," he calls it) before ending up in Silverwater and work release. After being paroled in 1988, he spent a year at a Salvation Army rehab facility. Three years after this, still on parole, attending Narcotics Anony­mous and not drinking alcohol, he was opening his soul to the woman who would become his wife nine years later.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cool-ca ... z2ekdufKud" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-------------------------------------
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Man, I always get great 'next pagers'. High five.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

So then it's OK to hate Mirabella because she's a woman who stands up to Labor women. I hope Plibersek becomes deputy opposition leader because a ticket of her and Shorten might just be the most unelectable opposition in our history, two complete personality duds.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I thought she was detestable on QandA the other night. So petulant and deflective.

Everyone was being pretty grown up except her and I'm pretty sure I heard this noise come out of her,

'Waaaaaaaaaaaah'
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Froggy wrote: I hope Plibersek becomes deputy opposition leader because a ticket of her and Shorten might just be the most unelectable opposition in our history, two complete personality duds.
I honestly thought the same about Rudd and Gillard but here we are. I'm pretty sure Labor supporters thought the same about Abbott but here we are.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Nah Rudd and Gillard had a good personality appeal and Abbott was only unelectable to the media. Bill and Tanya too people who look down on everyone who slightly disagrees with a holier than thou attitude, moral sanctimony that is a real turn off. It would be highly appealing to the Twitter lefties and facebook numpties who act the same way but the rest if the population would not like it
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Gillard had good personality appeal? I've heard it all.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Froggy wrote:Nah Rudd and Gillard had a good personality appeal and Abbott was only unelectable to the media. Bill and Tanya too people who look down on everyone who slightly disagrees with a holier than thou attitude, moral sanctimony that is a real turn off. It would be highly appealing to the Twitter lefties and facebook numpties who act the same way but the rest if the population would not like it
Lambchop? Is that you?
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I think the states with the lowest voter turnout should have their number of seats reduced.
http://vtr.aec.gov.au/SenateTurnoutByState-17496.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Madmya wrote:Gillard had good personality appeal? I've heard it all.
Don't forget what she was like before she got elected, 5 years or so of morning TV and the same with Rudd so they both had out there a casual 'look' with the punters. Then once they got into office her arrogance went into over drive. Compare Julia with Tanya though and Julia looks like Bert Newton hosting the logies.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Hercy wrote:On the other hand it means that the number of women likely to be Ministers out of a cabinet of 20 is down to two.
Well because the team you work for would put her in a ministry simply because she doesn't have a penis, that doesn't happen with a Coalition government. They will put the best people in regardless of gender.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

How is there a 1.5 million vote gap between HoR votes and Senate votes? Do blank papers count as a non-vote rather than an informal vote?
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Merit indeed. Bronwyn it seems will miss out on her coveted cabinet position and instead be offered the Speaker's chair. We've had female speakers before. Compare Bronwyn with Anna Burke though and Bronwyn looks like David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

At least Ziggy will be able to do the job unlike Anna.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Froggy wrote:
Hercy wrote:On the other hand it means that the number of women likely to be Ministers out of a cabinet of 20 is down to two.
Well because the team you work for would put her in a ministry simply because she doesn't have a penis, that doesn't happen with a Coalition government. They will put the best people in regardless of gender.
It' so hard to be a white man these days :cry:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

who said anything about skin colour? The cabinet should be made up of the best performers, not elevating people based on political correct reverse racism\gender because that just leads to the previous 6 years of government and a group of people out of their depth.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

All those women wrecking the joint :cry:
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Yeah just ask Sophie that bitch had it coming.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

ah Hercy, a lack of women's representation can only mean they are being defied their rightul positions. Let's see how the Labor parties token Aboriginal Senator goes and all the others that it elevates based on nothing more than skin colour. A party of racists and bigots in anyones book.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Aboriginals can not possibly be better than a white person at representing a constituency so ipso facto any Aboriginal MP must be token :cry:
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I bet you they are token. Come on, it's the Labor party.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

poor Hercy, the butt hurt at the election loss is strong in you... not as strong as Vzzzbx who'se gone to lurking since the vote.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I've been so comprehensively destroyed due to my stupid and ill-considered opinions that I'd better change the subject :cry:
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Hercy wrote:Aboriginals can not possibly be better than a white person at representing a constituency so ipso facto any Aboriginal MP must be token :cry:
Pedantic side note, god forbid it derail the current academic debate: The first use should be Aborigines, the second is aboriginal.
Think of aborigine as equivalent to Englishman, and aboriginal as equivalent to english.
It makes sense to say "any English MP" but you would not say "Englishes can not...", you would say "Englishmen can not..."
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Wikipedia suggests that a capital letter should be used and that in any case Aboriginal Australian, Aboriginal people, or Indigenous Australians are more preferred terms, so that's what I'll use from now on.