2013 Federal Election

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: 2013 Federal Election

Post by Froggy »

BruceCamblzChin wrote:The lower your interest rates the better your economy is going.

Rite?
according to our local economic dunce Vzzzbx yes. According to anyone with a clue no.

But this argument is coming from the same guy who thinks the coalition have a huge budget black hole despite not having bothered to actually check for himself and wants them to prove that they'd deliver on their costings without actually being in office to do so.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Like the EU? They're going really well aren't they?

Oooooo, not so much.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

At least interest rates aren't 20% like where everyone's hero Keating and Hawke had it.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Madmya wrote:Same shit, different day.

It's a pretty easy election scenario imo, if you think Labor's last two terms in government have been acceptable then you'd vote for them again. If not, you won't/shouldn't.
Yeah I'm ready for a change so I think I'll vote for this Kevin Rudd guy who's offering 'a new way'.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Vzzzbx wrote:Gillard taught millions of bogans how to spell 'liar'. So there's that.
I think what you meant to say is that Gillard is a bogan and taught us all how not to say hyperbole.
You know as well as I do that if anyone's teaching bogans anything it's Murdoch.
-------------------------------------
Vzzzbx
Bob Brown’s Rainbow Cumrag
XBL ID: Fairlie Arrow
PSN ID: vzbxvzbx
Steam ID: vzbxvzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Froggy wrote:
BruceCamblzChin wrote:The lower your interest rates the better your economy is going.

Rite?
according to our local economic dunce Vzzzbx yes.
Jesus christ you're stupid. I wasn't going to resort to invective this year but you are so resoundingly dumb.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

He's closer to the mark than you've ever been.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Megaman wrote:
Madmya wrote:Same shit, different day.

It's a pretty easy election scenario imo, if you think Labor's last two terms in government have been acceptable then you'd vote for them again. If not, you won't/shouldn't.
Yeah I'm ready for a change so I think I'll vote for this Kevin Rudd guy who's offering 'a new way'.
You're kidding, that's the new slogan? The fact they are using another cheap slogan is gross enough.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

So Foxtel has come out today supporting the NBN. Should we expect a front page attack on Foxtel tomorrow because they are undermining Murdoch's plan to protect Foxtel?
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Bigpond movies/foxtel on demand is going to love the NBN. No-one is better poised to create a Netflix parallel.

Incidentally, the internet in South Brisbane is astoundingly good. Fibre to the home, Telstra hardware, NBN identical. They had to put the rollout on hold because of legal reasons associated with the NBN.

Go figure.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Four pages in and Vzzzbx has wowed us by being wrong about everything.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Twit wrote:If Murdoch were to arrive here by boat then we'd have to ship him off to Manus Island.

[Click to see hidden content]
This forum needs a "like" button for posts like this
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

itch wrote:
Vzzzbx wrote:Gillard taught millions of bogans how to spell 'liar'. So there's that.
I think what you meant to say is that Gillard is a bogan and taught us all how not to say hyperbole.
You know as well as I do that if anyone's teaching bogans anything it's Murdoch.
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Madmya wrote:It's a pretty easy election scenario imo, if you think Labor's last two terms in government have been acceptable then you'd vote for them again. If not, you won't/shouldn't.
It's not even the same Labor.
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Megaman wrote:So Foxtel has come out today supporting the NBN. Should we expect a front page attack on Foxtel tomorrow because they are undermining Murdoch's plan to protect Foxtel?
Mugabe claims he didn't rig the Zimbabwe election, so obviously he didn't. Case closed. Drop your sanctions America, it's all fine.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

You gotta feel sorry for people like Vzzzbx. I mean he wants a viable alternative to the torys, and by all means he deserves one! (I'd love one too)

It's just that stuff like this
It's not even the same Labor.
Reveals how painfully optimistic he is.

Here's how it works. The Liberal party is an institution. Dry, predictable, boring and it works. The Labor party's job is to pull something out of the bag and spend on something good, and give something back. Sometimes they are awesome. Other times they are total shitbag, self serving porkbarrelling cunts who spend all our tax dollars on fuck all but cementing their future celebrity. Like now.

It just takes a little sense to see that now is the time for the boring institution again. (In fact I'd argue it was after a single Rudd term, but then the proles have always been a bit slow haven't they?)
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

I have to respond to this dumb shit.
Froggy wrote:But this argument is coming from the same guy who thinks the coalition have a huge budget black hole despite not having bothered to actually check for himself and wants them to prove that they'd deliver on their costings without actually being in office to do so.
I didn't form the 'this argument' that you were referring to but fuck pesky facts getting in the way. Anyway, if that were me up there flaunting my economic prowess to the nation, I'd be doing everything I could to back up my claim. Today those guys were still coasting on the reputation of their predecessors and nothing more. I didn't see Hockey on 7.30 so can't comment on what might be the case now.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Unless he came out on 730 and said 'we're going to try something different, maybe big taxes, burdensome regulatory regimes and a bunch of crazy spending' I think he is entitled to rely on the performance of past Coalition governments.
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Following up the 70% thing:

http://mumbrella.com.au/foxtel-we-think ... ess-171401" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Direct News Corp quote:
Recent political commentary has perpetuated a long-standing myth that News Corp Australia owns 70% of Australian newspapers.

News Corp Australia owns or co-owns 33% of all ABC and CAB audited newspapers in Australia.

News Corp Australia newspapers are popular – over half the adult population of Australia chooses to read a News Corp Australia newspaper each week. This means that News Corp Australia has a 59% share of newspaper circulation.

All of this ignores television, radio and the myriad of online news sources which offer more diversity in opinion than at any time in history.
Assuming for now that News isn't just making shit up again. The last paragraph is particularly important alongside the death of newspapers (which notably are far from dead).

A key differentiator here is that no other publisher is currently bankrolled by a massive entertainment division, but I suppose nothing is stopping them.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Vzzzbx wrote: A key differentiator here is that no other publisher is currently bankrolled by a massive entertainment division

How about a nation of taxpayers? Oh wait, you said 'publisher' not 'broadcaster'.
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Oh thank god for Bob Ellis.

What a guy.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Vzzzbx wrote:I have to respond to this dumb shit.
:lol:
Vzzzbx wrote:
Froggy wrote:But this argument is coming from the same guy who thinks the coalition have a huge budget black hole despite not having bothered to actually check for himself and wants them to prove that they'd deliver on their costings without actually being in office to do so.
I didn't form the 'this argument' that you were referring to but fuck pesky facts getting in the way. Anyway, if that were me up there flaunting my economic prowess to the nation, I'd be doing everything I could to back up my claim. Today those guys were still coasting on the reputation of their predecessors and nothing more. I didn't see Hockey on 7.30 so can't comment on what might be the case now.
Oh OK you didn't form it, you just parroted it for fun because you didn't believe it right? Fucking moron, imagine you on 7:30, you would make Wayne Swan look competent.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Froggy wrote:Oh OK you didn't form it, you just parroted it for fun
No. Try reading. Give it a go. Just once.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

maybe you should have taken that advice about the murdoch ownership figures.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

There is nothing to wring from that but you're going to try for years.