2013 Federal Election

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: 2013 Federal Election

Post by Froggy »

Vzzzbx wrote:Coalition champions low interest rate; interest rate hits a record low under Labor; Coalition is not happy. I know it's their job to oppose but they're looking lost, again.
Maybe because interest rates are going down as economy shrinks. They've also lost most of their relationship with the bank interest rate now, the banks didn't have the coalition borrowing money in competition with them for one.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Vzzzbx
Bob Brown’s Rainbow Cumrag
XBL ID: Fairlie Arrow
PSN ID: vzbxvzbx
Steam ID: vzbxvzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

hahaha
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

This page doesn't have enough funny photos
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

High interest rates! C'mon! Let's hit 17%!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

selfish wrote:And they didn't allow Treasury to cost things last election - and afterwards their costing were shown to be completely fabricated.

PS Murdoch is a US citizen, and proud of it.
I take it you've bothered to look if that 70 billion dollar claim is actually true? You might find that the black hole Labor is going on about is fabricated. We could take a look at the current governments actual figures and estimates and see a massive black hole that is going to happen (even after being 30 billion out after a few months there's still a huge black hole coming). The mining tax looks like it will be out by another $6 billion in over estimated proceeds and the treasury has estimated that the carbon tax will rise to $38 a tonne within a year on the switch to the carbon trading market. This looks highly unlikely so there will be an absolutely massive hole as the government pays out billions more in compensation than it gets in funds from the tax. I can't tell you that the coalition will or won't return a surplus but I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is no massive 70 billion dollar black hole that Labor is parroting.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

And yet you let the Coalition's magical numbers slide.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Vzzzbx wrote:High interest rates! C'mon! Let's hit 17%!
Yeah look at those low US interest rates and how booming their economy is...
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Due to Labor's inherent crapness we will have 90 billion fewer jobs in 2015 and a national deficit of 17 kajillionty dollars by next Thursday. Oh btw you will have to trust me because Treasury is a big bag full of lies. Wait there while I sulk like a baby on national television.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Vzzzbx wrote:And yet you let the Coalition's magical numbers slide.
Go and have a look at them for yourself. The document that happened to be produced for the Labor party that happens to look exactly like a treasury statement is completely bogus. As I said, I can't tell you if they will make a surplus or not next year if they are in but I can tell you that the 70 billion dollar hole simply does not exist. Here's one example, they've costed that scrapping the carbon tax will cost the libs something like $22billion of the black hole but have not taken into account that the coalition is also going to scrap nearly all of the compensation but keep the tax level changes etc. This would most likely offset the whole lot but over the forward estimates bring in more than $22 billion because Labor by locking the tax thresholds for five years was looking to increase it's income tax revenue by catching more people at higher rates thanks to bracket creep. Keep parroting it like it's true, I mean look at all that time you took to look into the 70% Murdoch press number whilst you passionately argued about their influence in Australia based on this, clearly some actual facts do not matter to you.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Vzzzbx wrote:Due to Labor's inherent crapness we will have 90 billion fewer jobs in 2015 and a national deficit of 17 kajillionty dollars by next Thursday. Oh btw you will have to trust me because Treasury is a big bag full of lies. Wait there while I sulk like a baby on national television.
Feel free to look at all the numbers yourself but even with their budget update last week the government was already $30 billion down on it's forecasts after what 10 weeks or something. Then look at the absolutely heroic assumptions made in that document that have about .005% chance of being met. The debt ceiling is being raised to $370billion by those forecasts but it will ends having to go to at least $400 billion. I think it will take the Coalition several years to be able to reign in the spending enough to even start paying the interest on the debt let alone enough surplus to make some capital repayments. Also, the governments own numbers predict they are going to be creating higher unemployment in the next 12 months+ so who knows, maybe there will be 90billion fewer jobs.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

If the Coalition is actually better at managing the economy, it needs to prove it.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

pilonv1 wrote:This page doesn't have enough funny photos

Ok I'll do my 'reasons why Murdoch is an Aussie:

Exhibit A: 'Russ & Rupey'

Image Image
Kiwi ............................................... Australian
or

Exhibit B: 'The Weaving Factor'

ImageImage Image

Aussie..........................................................Aussie..............................................Aussie

Proof by genetical researches
-------------------------------------
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

It already has with it's previous stint in government and with every budget reply. Labor have proven quite dramatically time and time again that they can't, especially this Labor government. You worry about a dodgy document with a supposedly $70billion black hole in it and act like it's terrible but don't bat an eyelid when Labor actually lost $30 billion in 10 weeks. Labor has already shown the Coalition is better at managing the economy anyway as they couldn't even meet their own budget promise to return it to surplus that they had going for 3 or so years.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Half a trill mate, it'll come out in the wash, fair suck of the old sauce bottle folks, it's all hyper-bowl.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

lol Gillard, what a fucking train wreck of an experiment she was I'm sure we can agree.
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Yes.
Froggy wrote:It already has with it's previous stint in government
You know Howard and Costello are not there any more, right?
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I dunno if you predict a surplus, shouldn't you deliver one? Or say that it doesn't matter and that you're not going to try.

You can't have both.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

If Murdoch were to arrive here by boat then we'd have to ship him off to Manus Island.

[Click to see hidden content]
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Gillard taught millions of bogans how to spell 'liar'. So there's that.
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Thanks for your tasteful use of the spoiler function, Twit.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Vzzzbx wrote:Yes.
Froggy wrote:It already has with it's previous stint in government
You know Howard and Costello are not there any more, right?
So you agree the coalition has a proven track record in good economic management unlike Labor who have proven they can't even meet their own rolled gold surplus promises.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Vzzzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Hopeless.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Vzzzbx wrote:Hopeless.
Yes the Labor\Greens have been. It's the first time in this thread you've posted something with some factual basis. Well done.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Same shit, different day.

It's a pretty easy election scenario imo, if you think Labor's last two terms in government have been acceptable then you'd vote for them again. If not, you won't/shouldn't.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

The lower your interest rates the better your economy is going.

Rite?