2013 Federal Election

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Re: 2013 Federal Election

Post by selfish »

Ahh itch, always bringing sensible, reliable, down-to-earth analysis to the table. Vote 1 Lizardmen?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Ironic to think Bob Brown has more in common with Herbert Walker Bush than Tony Abbott isn't it?
(A speech H. W. made on September 11, incidentally)
-------------------------------------
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

itch wrote:Let this picture of Bob Brown inform your interpretation of his calls to 'clean up the media' while the national broadcaster unashamedly backs him and his union bully boy mates at the Labor party, funded by tax payers money instead of reader demand.
So what is your view on The Australian newspaper which does not survive on reader demand, but is cross-subsidised by other News Ltd products due to abysmally low circulation?

Also what is your view on The Insiders TV show on the ABC which has higher viewership than The Bolt Report which airs at the same time?

Also stop shitting up this thread with your fucking triangles obsession.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Oh wow election called and already it's the evil Murdoch press that's the problem, not the government. When Fairfax openly spends the last 6 years being a government media arm along with the ABC and SBS this is OK because you agree with their point of view. Murdoch press, which actually gives airtime and column space to people with both views is evil though because of some scandal in England with nothing to do with Australia and because a activist judge bent the words around on the racial discrimination act so he could get Bolt, who was arguing in a piece to not treat people differently according to their race Is there are more hypocritical, hive mind that Vzzzbx, Hercy and Pep possess anywhere in science fiction? It's like the Borg.

Hey Hercy, how about Fairfax being the only journalists in Australia to be found guilty of illegally hacking into a Labor database. Why no screams for an enquiry or boycott of their papers and denouncing everything they do as evil and one sided?

I think the funniest thing I have heard from Labor rusted on's in this last 6 years of government is when they moved the goalposts on the sacking of a elected PM. Rudd get's knifed, there were screams of "you don't elect a person you elect a party, it's up to the party to decide". Julia Gillard gets knifed, "You vote for a party but you are really voting for the leader as well and we can't risk our nation to that evil Abbott".
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

In the same breath you accuse Fairfax of being a Labor media arm and point out that they accessed a Labor database to do an attack job on Labor. At least try for some logical consistency occasionally.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Sorry!

:aussie:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I don't care about Murdoch agendas, Labor leading another term is far more frightening to me.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Hercy wrote:
itch wrote:Let this picture of Bob Brown inform your interpretation of his calls to 'clean up the media' while the national broadcaster unashamedly backs him and his union bully boy mates at the Labor party, funded by tax payers money instead of reader demand.
So what is your view on The Australian newspaper which does not survive on reader demand, but is cross-subsidised by other News Ltd products due to abysmally low circulation?
This is the old conspiracy theory. The new one is that Foxtel subsidises all the News Ltd papers because they stop the NBN.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Madmya wrote:I don't care about Murdoch agendas, Labor leading another term is far more frightening to me.
But the intellectual snobs can't stomach the idea that there are people who disagree with them. So you're a zombie, brainwashed by Murdoch. If you knew better, if you were as enlightened as they are, you'd support Kevin. But you've been brainwashed. It's OK, you're not as smart as them, you can't help it.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Aren't I? Oh well, fuck it.

LET'S GO T-DOGG! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Im not really a fan of either... but to me.. Abbott and the LNP stand for things that don't stand for me. Their views on equality, asylum seekers and not to mention the NBN.. no thank you.

Further to that, we've had a taste of what the Liberals want to do here in QLD... see how that worked out.

Furthermore, it seems so many people have forgotten that gaping hole (bigger than Rocco's hole after a dalliance with the Canterbury Bulldogs) in the LNP's 2010 election budget proposals.

I just can't in good conscience let a vote go to Abbott. The lesser of 2 evils really.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

But it's the T-dogg! The T-dogg!

Hercy

Post by Hercy »

itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

:lol:
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

A lovely cup of tea.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Hercy wrote:In the same breath you accuse Fairfax of being a Labor media arm and point out that they accessed a Labor database to do an attack job on Labor. At least try for some logical consistency occasionally.
I never said it was to attack Labor or care to know what they were in there for, they still did what to all you Murdoch conspiracy nutjobs thought was the end of the world when some NewsLtd reporters did it in a whole other country. I mean we had a fucking media enquiry which was just an excuse for this terrible government to try and control the media yet no one supposedly on the side of freedom and liberty gave a shit.

Tell me how many conservative voices do you hear in fairfax papers? 0
Go to news.com.au and you'll see all sorts of left articles as well as writers, at least both sides get some airtime with the evil Murdoch.

Honestly the fringe fuckjobs that wank off each other over this shit like Hercy etc are going to get even worse as the election approaches as the fear of losing power becomes much more real.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Madmya wrote:I don't care about Murdoch agendas, Labor leading another term is far more frightening to me.
but but but that evil Abbott he will, I dunno he is just evil you can't let it happen!!
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Far out Abbott is one freaky looking mofo. How he bred the way he did is beyond me. I'd have any one of his daughters six ways from Sunday.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Vzzzbx
Bob Brown’s Rainbow Cumrag
XBL ID: Fairlie Arrow
PSN ID: vzbxvzbx
Steam ID: vzbxvzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

I found out today that that magic 70% figure refers to sales.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Hercy wrote:Because Murdoch and News Ltd are bereft of ethics and regularly exploit weak and vulnerable people and groups. The organisation does not take any action against its journalists when they are found by Courts to breach the Racial Discrimination Act.
So should Fairfax be disciplining their journalists who are not cooperating with the Court issued subpoenas in the Gina Rinehart litigation? Should they be fired when the Court finds them in contempt? I think you have an odd view about what an ethical newspaper should do when its employees are subject to Court proceedings.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Vzzzbx wrote:I found out today that that magic 70% figure refers to sales.
:lol:
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Vzzzbx wrote:I found out today that that magic 70% figure refers to sales.
Wow, only two years after you were throwing the stat around here. I look forward to 2015 when you might be ready to post sensibly about the 2013 Federal Election.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Having just seen Media Watch I can see why the front page editorial in the Telegraph was shocking for Fairfax readers - their front pages are usually full of advertorials for David Jones and Boag's Draught.
Vzzzbx
Bob Brown’s Rainbow Cumrag
XBL ID: Fairlie Arrow
PSN ID: vzbxvzbx
Steam ID: vzbxvzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

Now that's true.