Gamecube Games for Sale on ebay

Sell - Buy - Swap - Gift

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Bloody ebay took down my auction for the freeloader becuz it apparently lets you play copyrighted material. I sent them an email explaining that it doesn't and it is for import games. they are still getting back to me.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Yeah apparently Nintendo keep an eye on eBay and threaten to sue eBay if they don't take down stuff like that.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Well request to relist my item was rejected and I was directed here http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/mod-chips.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think its absolute crap considering just about EVERY SINGLE GBA AND NDS game on ebay is a pirate copy, this kind of thing is on sale quite often and AFAIK the device is legal.

Oh well gonna persue selling 'that' package elsewhere, or just relist the items without the freeloader.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Ebay need to keep up the appearance they are doing something about it, when really they are secretly wanting to also profit from sales of bootlegs dvds, games etc

It's a delicate balance of wanting to profit from it, and looking like you are helping to stop the sale of the illegal bootleg stuff. (but in thier defense bootlegs are becoming very high quality and looking increasingly more sophisticated and hard for the untrained eye to tell the difference)

Like region locking of dvds, it is very annoying if you are a fan of titles you want to play that never get a local release. People wouldn't need it if they just made it like GBA and allowed any game to work on any system.