Going to the highest bidder.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

I know some "friends" who might want to get some. Not to get high though, no sir definitely not.

Have you tried them? How high did you get?
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Are you serious???
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Lick a cane toad, it's easier.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Hahahah seriously?

We have heaps of them at our place. My daughter's mad for them.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

I wonder why ;)
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Timbo, not sure if you're aware or not, but these things have had a massive recall.

According to the reports, the sticky coating when mixed with water is like GHB. Therefore any kids eating them, the bindeez turn into GHB in the belly/mouth.

My kids don't put toys in their mouths, but this is apparently like playing with poison. There are a few kids in hospital from it.

I haven't tried any yet to see what happens.

A real shame - my kids absolutely have a blast playing with these things. They're gutted having them taken off them.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I'd never heard of these things, but holy crap that is a cool idea for a toy. Shame about the whole GHB thing, it could really make kids sick :/
Texas
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

It won Toy of the Year. It's a bloody good idea. Gossip from my sister who manages an educational bookshop is that "apparently" the manufacturer used the wrong chemical in manufacture (1,4-Butanediol, which the body then metabolises into gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid)
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Apparently you have to eat them in pretty substantial quantities for it to happen though eh? Some of the kids being hospitalized for this should probably know better than to eat shit like that (ie they aren't drooling tots)

My cousins have heaps of the things, they are quite cool though..
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I read earlier tonite they are banned in Aussie and NZ. One kid was in a coma by the time they reached hospital.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

My kids have boxes of thi stuff! How much do you need to take? Ten twenty beads?
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

mech wrote:I'd never heard of these things, but holy crap that is a cool idea for a toy. Shame about the whole GHB thing, it could really make kids sick :/
aren't they basically hama beads except you use water instead of an iron and wait for 45 minutes instead of about ten seconds?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
mech

Post by mech »

Never heard of hama beads before, but the fact you have to use an iron instantly makes it a no no for kids (and far less cool).
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

from AP, I found this while trying stuff on my Wii this morning... go figure.
The toys were supposed to use 1,5-pentanediol, a nontoxic compound found in glue, but instead contained the harmful 1,4-butanediol, which is widely used in cleaners and plastics.

The Food and Drug Administration in 1999 declared the chemical a Class I Health Hazard, meaning it can cause life-threatening harm.

Both chemicals are manufactured in China and elsewhere, including by major multinational companies, and are also marketed over the Internet.

It's not clear why 1,4-butanediol was substituted. However, there is a significant difference in price between the two chemicals. The Chinese online trading platform ChemNet China lists the price of 1,4 butanediol at between about $1,350-$2,800 per metric ton, while the price for 1,5-pentanediol is about $9,700 per metric ton.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Nah it's cool Twizted... when the story was on the news my daughter saw it, (she's 6) and was totally freaked out. She thought you get sick if you actually just touch them, let alone eat them... Hence, they're not exactly her favourite toy anymore. And we threw them out, so it's all good...