Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

WTB: IBM Model M "clicky" keyboard

Post by Shaneus »

Carn, someone has to have one (or, preferably two... my old man wants one) to get rid of? They're the real oldschool ones from about 20 years ago... they kick so much arse it's ridiculous.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

ebay
mech

Post by mech »

http://www.dansdata.com/ibmkeyboard.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.dansdata.com/clickykeyboards.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

Yeah, I was reading those... which is why I want one :D Hoping someone on here might wanna get rid of them a bit cheaper than on eBay. Shipping from the US is mental :(
mech

Post by mech »

I doubt very much anyone on here would still have one (and be willing to part with it). Wonder where mine's gone... my first real computer had a clicky IBM keyboard and it was awesome.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

Fair enough... but on that note, I've just spied one in our lab here :D It's with a stack of other keyboards, so I'm sure it won't be missed... mwahahaha
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Clicky keyboards rock so hard. It's the one thing I hate about my new G15; it's too quiet!
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Oh we've got heaps of them here at work.

Of course they're all attached to mainframes and ATLs, but I'me sure we might have a few in a storeroom somewhere.

I've never actually paid much attention to them, but now I'm gonna have to go for a walk and see if they're really as good as what you say :D
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

If you could keep an eye out, that would be unreal... I'm after two, but any you could track down would be nice! Actually, if I grab three, I could use one at work too, but that would just be greedy ;)
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Hmmm, unfortunately the only one's I could find were attached to our Tape Libraries, and they were the more recent TrackPoint ones. They didn't fell particularly "clicky", either.

I know for a fact that we used to have 3 or 4 of the big white mega clicky ones though - they were attached to some really old terminals (I'm talking over 20 years old here) that were never used. Howver, I think they may have been binned - I checked the storeroom and they weren't there. They were definitely heavy bastards though!

EDIT: Yeah, I just asked my boss, and they got thrown out about 12 months ago. Damnit, if I'd realised how good they were, I would kept 'em!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Jesus guys if you know anyone who knows anyone who works at IBM then buy them a drink. There are piles of the things sitting in various storage areas.
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

I have one but you cant have it :lol:
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]