Wanted: broken official 360 pad, working analogue

Sell - Buy - Swap - Gift

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ben
Southpoor

Wanted: broken official 360 pad, working analogue

Post by Ben »

Well for whatever reason my southpaw controller decided to pack it in and I'm pretty sure it's just that one of the analogues has stopped working altogether. Have previously ordered replacement analogues for it however they turned out to be shit, did not register in the 'corners' (ie up-left, up-right etc) with as much sensitivity as they should. End result was that it felt like movement in a game snapped to up/left/down/right, so you'd try to run in a circle but instead run in a square.

Anyway, bought a new controller and figured would start from scratch. Only after I modded it did I discover the same fucking problem with the analogues ( so there goes returning it lol ), did a bit of googling and it seems I probably bought a fake pad anyway. So I just used the new board and put my old analogues in to it, A-OK for one stick, but the other only registers X axis... great.

tl;dr - if you've got a broken 360 pad with one working analogue and it's definitely a genuine pad please let me know!! :)
Cardsy

Re: Wanted: broken official 360 pad, working analogue

Post by Cardsy »

Pat doesn't post here any more, unfortunately.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I've got an official blue controller here that one day went from full functionality to being completely unresponsive, even when plugged in with a charge cable. I assume all of the buttons and sticks are good to go, it's yours if you want it.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Sort of forgot about this thread!

Thanks for the reply but I dont really need them anymore, lol. Further to my story, I figured surely I've got some analogues I can use and realized I had a few 3rd party xbox 1 & ps2 pads. With a little more foresight I checked the ps2 pad with my ps2->ps3 adapter thing and they used the same crappy analogues as the ones I'd been stooged with before. The official dualshock2 pads however contained the genuine article so I found my worst one and took the analogues.

Half way through pulling the fake pad analogues out to put the dualshock2 ones in, the whole pcb just stopped getting power and no amount of resoldering the power wires etc fixed it so the whole thing was fucked. I considered trying my old southpad again as it still got power, but at that point I cbf with it all and sold my wired360->ps3 adapter and bought the model up which let's me remap any old wireless 360 pad the same way.

tl;dr version, thanks anyway man but I'm sorted now!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Sweet. :up: