March 08 NPD

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

SSBB outsold all non-Wii Top 10 games combined.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I'm frustrated in that I don't remember what warnerstation online is. I'm not anti PS3 enough to remember all the euphemisms.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

tbh i've never heard it before and it's pretty shitty.

lift your game lestat
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Lestat's just bitter about selling his PS3 'cause he backed HD-DVD and then having to re-buy one

AMIRITE? :D
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Lestat's bitterness due to backing losers far precedes PS3 and bluray vs hd-dvd. :D
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

:lol: I'm not bitter, just poking fun at sony fanboys that thought this was gonna be their year because of bluray and dated franchises.
Princess Rocco

Re: March 08 NPD

Post by Princess Rocco »

lestat wrote: Hardware Mar-08

Xbox 360 262K

Wii 721K

God, how humiliated must Microsoft be??? :redface: :redface: :redface:

In the USA, the 360 is only about $18 more than a Wii!!!!!!!!!!

In Europe, the 360 is CHEAPER than a Wii, and yet still, the Wii is destroying the 360 there (and here in Australia) also.

As Microsoft, to be outsold by a system which tech-wise is inferior yet more expensive than a 360, and also hit the market a whole year later than your system....yikes, that must be a kick in the balls!!

Microsoft are soooooooo fucked!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

I still don't get what Nintendo's success has to do with you Rocco. It's not like their giving you any of that money (or are they?). You should care less about companies bottom lines (pun intended) and more about the quality of the game. I don't think most people here give a shit about whether MS makes money on each console or loses money. They're only interested in buying what they feel is worthwhile.

If you're happy paying for inferior tech, and inaccurate controls more power to you. I don't think I could do it. I don't see why any sane person would.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Lestat's bitterness due to backing losers far precedes PS3 and bluray vs hd-dvd. :D
:lol: :arsekick: :lol:
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

I thought 2008 was the year of the PS3?
Texas

Post by Texas »

westical wrote:I thought 2008 was the year of the PS3?
Only if you are like me and don't have a 360
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

mech wrote:it's last gen all over again with the Wii lead, except PS2 was a quality machine with quality games on it.
Fixed.

Those Wii figures make me want to vomit. The machine is shit. Even with kids in the house, mine sits gathering dust. If I didn't have kids, that POS would be long gone. It's the first console I've ever owned that I absolutely don't give a shit about. I don't care if it's treated bad. I don't look after it. I don't care to keep it when it's lifes over.

IMO the market is clearly split in two now. I don't even consider the Wii to be a this gen gaming console. This gen is a toe-to-toe battle between the 360 and the PS3, just the way it should be.
That other freak thing is in a completely separate market competing with the PS2 for the casual gaming dollar.

The annoying thing is is that the Wii will cause at least a contraction in the videogame market when the casual gamer market dries up. From a lot of analysts, this will be reported as the 2nd great videogame market crash. The irony of it all is that during the PS1/N64 era, it was Yamauchi who was pointing the finger at Sony saying that they would be responsible for the next videogame market crash.
Princess Rocco

Post by Princess Rocco »

WTF?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You sad, envious, jealous xbot. Your one of the idiots like Froggy that said the Wii fad will die anyday now....no, now...wait next week...wait, in 3 months..etc...bahahahaha, fucking loser! :lol:

The fact your precious Microsoft is in sooooo much shit, and have failed to combat the Wii is clearly driving you insane. The reason MS are so fucked is because they have wasted all their energy on PC gamer nerds like you, instead of branching out into other categories of gamers. Why the hell do you think MS are now so desperate to copy Nintendo, and be like them?

Also your kids probably don't play the Wii, because you sit them in on a xbot brainwashing session before them wanting to play, telling them that by liking the Wii, they are breaking daddy's heart! :cry: :cry:

And WTF, that Nintendo are going to cause a videogame market crash??? You seriously pulled that one out of your arse, pretending game analysts
actually said any of that :lol: :lol: ....go eat a dick! :up:

Analysts are saying the absolute opposite, that Nintendo are expanding the market, bringing more consumers and money in....idiot!!! :roll:

Dry your eyes sweety, and go back to your PC games! (and take Microsoft with you!) :down: :down: :down:
Last edited by Princess Rocco on 18 Apr 2008 06:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

Agreed. Comparing the sales of Wii against 360/PS3 is like comparing the sales of 360/PS3 to the DVD sales of High School Musical (except the teenie boppers who buy HSM use it for more then just one sitting). Fact is that lots of people buy the Wii (none that I personally know bar 2 people), most buy it for Wii Sports, then they're over it. Just because everyone else is falling head over heels for it doesn't mean I'll get fooled!
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

LOL @ "precious Microsoft" and "your kids probably don't play the Wii, because you sit them in on a xbot brainwashing session before them wanting to play, telling them that by liking the Wii, they are breaking daddy's heart!"... You're right about one thing, it is driving us insane, Frank Grimes style insane, but it's not our problem, it's Microsoft's. All we can do is spend our hard earned money on the product we think is worth it.

Rocco, I bet you're a sadder excuse for a human in real life than your avatar suggests... Enjoy your Wii, but don't sell your soul to a company, that's just childish and naive.
Princess Rocco

Post by Princess Rocco »

Nintendo doesn't need your money you clown.... :lol:

Stay with Microsoft, they need as many xbots as they can have! :up:
Princess Rocco

Post by Princess Rocco »

David Carney wrote: Rocco, I bet you're a sadder excuse for a human in real life than your avatar suggests.
Yes, and I am to assume your deranged looking Catholic pedophile priest avatar is a representation of who you are?? :wink:

Twiztif, please keep your kids away from David "Dolly Dunn" Carney!
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

LOL, not quite, he's a drunken violent crazy priest. And you're mistake is believing that everyone who hates Wii must be an xbot. I pretty much like all the consoles (360/PS3/PSP and DS) bar the Wii. And I've owned a couple of Nintendo consoles before, only when I believed they offered me a good product. Now, just because I've been a Nintendo fan in the past (and still kind of am), doesn't mean I'm going to let them rape me out of $400 and then say thank you afterwards!

The Wii shows great potential, and could move the industry forward - but as it is, it's a half baked piece of shit. Like I've said before, I look forward to the Wii2 or any "ripoff" controller Sony or MS do, because I believe they may actually come up with the technology to do the motion sensing idea justice. Until then, the Wii will never have my respect as a games machine.
Texas

Post by Texas »

Yep, Microsoft must be in deep trouble.
After all, the Xbox 360 is the core of their business. They have nothing else to fall back on, apart from some insignifigant PC software. So if 360 dies, that will be the end of Microsoft.
By that token I suppose the same goes for Sony: they mainly make Playstation 3's now, so if Blu-Ray and PS3 dies I can't see their tiny record label and a few transistor radios holding them afloat.
Companies like Sony and Microsoft would NEVER have things like cash reserves to help them in times of trouble.
So, seeing as Rocco has presented the evidence so dammingly, with SO many statistics, it must mean that the wii will win, and Microsoft and Sony will collapse, and Nintendo will be the only one left standing. I mean, I can't see anything happening soon to stop it, like, say, a massive game release inside of 2 weeks that is only on PS3 and 360, that will possibly be one of the biggest and fastest selling releases in ENTERTAINMENT, let alone videogaming history that will be the game of the generation, and sell both 360's and PS3's because it isn't available on the wii.

Wow.

Thanks, Rocco, without your amazing statistics and clear, concise reporting of what is happening in the industry I would never known that MS and Sony were about to collapse. You have saved me much heartache and stress - I am getting out while I can still sell my PS and Xbox stuff for a decent price.

I'm selling all my consoles and games, guys, see my thread in the For Sale forum. I'm gonna get some nice new Nike Irons and Woods (mmmmm, Sasquatch Sumo drivers and TW blade irons, or maybe some Callaway Big Bertha irons and woods) and just play golf full time instead of gaming.
Cause if non-gaming like we see dished up on the wii is winning, and you say it is, Rocco, I'm getting out.
Gr8ness

BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Texas wrote:Yep, Microsoft must be in deep trouble.
After all, the Xbox 360 is the core of their business. They have nothing else to fall back on, apart from some insignifigant PC software. So if 360 dies, that will be the end of Microsoft.
By that token I suppose the same goes for Sony: they mainly make Playstation 3's now, so if Blu-Ray and PS3 dies I can't see their tiny record label and a few transistor radios holding them afloat.
Companies like Sony and Microsoft would NEVER have things like cash reserves to help them in times of trouble.
So, seeing as Rocco has presented the evidence so dammingly, with SO many statistics, it must mean that the wii will win, and Microsoft and Sony will collapse, and Nintendo will be the only one left standing. I mean, I can't see anything happening soon to stop it, like, say, a massive game release inside of 2 weeks that is only on PS3 and 360, that will possibly be one of the biggest and fastest selling releases in ENTERTAINMENT, let alone videogaming history that will be the game of the generation, and sell both 360's and PS3's because it isn't available on the wii.

Wow.

Thanks, Rocco, without your amazing statistics and clear, concise reporting of what is happening in the industry I would never known that MS and Sony were about to collapse. You have saved me much heartache and stress - I am getting out while I can still sell my PS and Xbox stuff for a decent price.

I'm selling all my consoles and games, guys, see my thread in the For Sale forum. I'm gonna get some nice new Nike Irons and Woods (mmmmm, Sasquatch Sumo drivers and TW blade irons, or maybe some Callaway Big Bertha irons and woods) and just play golf full time instead of gaming.
Cause if non-gaming like we see dished up on the wii is winning, and you say it is, Rocco, I'm getting out.
I lol'd at this thread. Such compelling evidence. I threw all my gaming stuff at the nearest homeless person who promptly told me "I hate you, u hav given me the most useless thing for me to sell for smack, I cant get enuff muney for this shit!' I apologised profusely then ran away and bort a Super Mario costume with the arse cut out.

That paprgraph was almost as ridiculous as the idea that MS and Sony are in big trouble with their consoles.