The Movie News Thread - new Trek rules, Man of Steel in June

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

The Movie News Thread - new Trek rules, Man of Steel in June

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

So Mc-fuckend-douchbag-G is directing it, Bale is starring as Connor and the trailer has leaked and it looks alright what gives? Then this http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/37505
from AICN.

Say it aint so. Roland Kickinger as Arnold from the first terminator film? HELL.
TO.
THE.
FUCKEN.
NO.

This movie continues its cycle of good news, shit news. I dont get it Arn is still about, you either get Arn for the short role he has in the film evidently OR you write the character out SURELY! Arn IS the Terminator. Really pissed off if this is true.

trailer is here BTW http://www.terminatorsalvation.com/
Last edited by BruceCamblzChin on 12 May 2013 01:50 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Don't forget it has the writers of T3 AND Catwoman and the studio is aiming for PG13.

[Click to see hidden content]
Not to mention the guy they have playing Kyle Reese :lol:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

In other movie news, and mentioned in the movies we've seen recently thread (good thinking Bruce :up: ), the last Harry Potter film, The Deathly Hallows, will be split into two films.

They wanted to split it up so they can do the concluding story justice. Itsa going to be HUGE!

PS I think Sculi is gay for the new Kyle Reese, he keeps sending me pictures of him :P
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

WELL HE LOOKS LIKE A FAIRY IS ALL IM SAYING. Kyle Reese is supposed to be a hardass.

That Harry Potter news is about 4 months old. This is supposed to be a NEWS thread.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I know it is old (actually I didn't realise it was that old, I had only heard about it a few weeks back), but I hadn't heard anyone mention it.

Fine, Change my name to Grey "Choc" Wizzard if you must!!!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Now here's some NEWS!

The new ROBOCOP movie looks to be directed by DARREN motherfucking ARONOFSKY!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Posters for Punisher Warzone

link if the images do not display.

They just look so hardcore. Go Frank GO!!!

hmmm... probably not working, I'll grab them and uplaod them this arvo. Those posters are smoking.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Oh yeah...

check out

http://www.ironsky.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a film about how the Nazi's went to the moon in 1945, and are now coming back to earth in 2018. Looks really cool. Well the trailer looks cool :)
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I'm at work so I can't check the trailer, but wasn't that a really low budget project? Will it get theatrical release?

Either way sounds awesome.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

uhoh... don't tell GameHED!
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Scullibundo wrote:Don't forget it has the writers of T3 AND Catwoman and the studio is aiming for PG13.

[Click to see hidden content]
Not to mention the guy they have playing Kyle Reese :lol:
Jesus. The only good thing is Bale cast as Connor, the man doesnt sign on to things that are bad so why is he doing it? Oh fuck its the $$$ isn't it?

:suicide:

This flick has a lot to do to get me on board at this stage.

Those Punisher posters look cool tho. Is John 'I'm Castor Troy' Travolta the baddie LOLZOR!
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

grwwwwwwwwww

Just read Sculli's post again.

Catwoman.
:suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

In regards to Iron Sky, there is very little shown. From the trailer it looks pretty cool though. Ships look nice, and there seems to be crowds (but hey I saw the normandy landing done with 3 people). I am fairly certain it is lowish budget production, and less than likely to get a cinema release here in Australia.

Wiki for further details.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Abram's new Star Trek posters are here

http://trekmovie.com/2008/07/17/preview ... st-photos/

let the Comic-con news commence!!!

The dude from Heroes looks scarily like The Nimoy in that pic man. That pretty boy fuck playing Kirk is not convincing.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Oh man I hope we get a glimpse of something AVATAR at Comic-Con. I actually had a dream I saw Cameron shooting some of AVATAR last night.
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

3d Titanic with miis
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

BruceCamblzChin wrote: The dude from Heroes looks scarily like The Nimoy in that pic man. That pretty boy fuck playing Kirk is not convincing.
absolutely i had to look at it twice :lol:

yeah pretty boy playing kirk FTL

take overweight shattner anyday :lol:

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Werd. Just put Shatner in it already. He fucking rulz.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

jason voorhees new look

:up: :up: :up:
Last edited by ObSoLeTe on 20 Jul 2008 03:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Jesus. The only good thing is Bale cast as Connor, the man doesnt sign on to things that are bad so why is he doing it? Oh fuck its the $$$ isn't it?
Maybe he was tricked into doing it and they told him it was going to be batman vs the terminator?

Oh and about Reese looking too much like a middle earth hobbit character: If this is going to be a trilogy they might be trying to slowly show him as a kid in the first movie and then he gets more serious in later movies? (ie like darth vader in star wars ep1) Just speculating. I can't see any other reasons other than that time will pass between each movie and you get a more aged version later on?
Arn IS the Terminator.
this is why I believe T3 was unecessary. We already had 2 'present day' movies. The third movie should have been the future war explaining how humans beat the machines and how kyle was chosen and all that. We know the future is not set. Now tell us how did they escape from the robot camps, show us the rubber skin models, the HKs, the start of the robot revolt, the usage of dogs to tell who were real people, the paranoia that must have been there between resistance fighters (ie like you see in carpenter's "the thing") in who to trust. All that would have made a nice conclusion. Then after this was done, they could do the trilogy without arnie.

These new ones would be more like terrorists who act independant of a leader which skynet allows to think for themselves by letting them have their neural network chip turned on to make them act more convincing to humans to blend in with them. (arnie didn't need to act in the first movie, so having a more charismatic robot that infiltrates the human resistance and gains their trust before turning against them after stealing all their military secrets would make sense after them losing the war - a new line of assasin which is more emotive and has a more trustworthy face could be the reason for no more "Arnie model" in future movies)

At the end of the new trilogy it would be realised that the new terminators are free-thinking like humans but just choose to terminate you because they feel like it, not because skynet has commanded them to like the old ones. :D It just follows the idea that they are "evolving" and becoming more dangerous. First you had the stupid drones, then the rubber skin, then the cyborgs (organic tissue is used like the "men in black") and then the liquid metal guys who can copy people and shapeshift as a disguise. But maybe these are rare and majority of machines are cyborgs but it is decided to just make them emotive and free to act independently of skynet after it dies so that the fight can continue. But by that time humans become cyborgs themselves anyway because it's harder to survive without body mods. The future "not being set" can work both ways: the robots just have to come back in a different way. Gaining knowledge, adapting, changing until they succeed. (and I suppose this is where Johns sons or whatever continue fighting after he dies)
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

more jason pics

cool cool, but i dont know about that blonde hair

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I don't like the blue jacket... I really don't know why. The hair doesn't bother me so much though.

I guess all I really want is a big guy killing stupid teenagers with a variety of weapons and Kane Hodder standing in the background telling him how to do it right.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by ObSoLeTe »

yeah hes human in this one, so he wont be like a zombie anymore, apparently hes alot more free moving , but i hope they dont make him a runner, he never ran (well not that we saw anyway)

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

You don't run, it's the RULE!

God, watch Behind The Mask, that is a fantastic look at the Slasher.

Human hey... you know, the creators didn't even want Jason jumping out of the water in the first film. He was just a red herring, kinda make you go ooohhh supernatural beyond the grave killer!!! But then you go, oh it's the mum... well that is still creepy as all hell ki ki ki ma ma ma
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

I didn't realise they were making another Friday the 13th. The one thing they need to remember is not to tame it down to a "thriller". These are pure slasher films and need to stay that way.

At least Jason is looking more human. Still intimidating but less robotic.

Edit:

I just watched the trailer for Terminator - how could anyone be against that!? It looks amazing. Christian Bale is one of the few decent actors around and McG does well with Supernatural (personal favourite TV show). I am looking forward to that movie now.