t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

The Official Thread of Shepard's in Space. ME4 Page 18

Post by t0mby »

Lesbian Alien Sex?

Loved the first game and it's not often I actually finish an rpg, let alone twice. The link only has a teaser video but its coming!
Last edited by t0mby on 20 Dec 2013 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yeah the first game is still probably my single favourite game this gen outside of a fighting game.

I've actually got the urge for just one more playthrough before the sequel drops.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Kaji
Cowboy Unit Number Ten
XBL ID: Kaji AU
PSN ID: Kaji_AU

Post by Kaji »

My housemate is playing through it atm and every time I watch it I'm not going to lie I get a bit of a broner over how fucking awesome the game is.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

From the other thread:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:God I can't wait for Mass Effect 2. The original is (despite its numerous flaws) probably my favourite 360 game to date :up:

Must play it again, and complete the DLC I downloaded ages ago :up:
I am playing it again too, this time as a guy who can bust out some Force powers :D and I'm choosing all the negative answers hahaha so much more fun than the goody two-shoes I normally am in RPGs :D
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I chose the negatives the first time including the decision to kill off one of the main characters later during the game. Second time through I chose the goody two shoes side and to tell the truth, found it a bit boring. Thankfully the promise of lesbian sex kept my interests up. ;)

Looking forward to some decent concrete information. Like Candy, might play through this again before the sequel.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Some dodgy cam footage of combat from ME2
Pre-alpha interactive cutscene
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Hell yeah I'm going to be going through the original again soon. I just hope they create a better menu system. I think I hated that the most.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER
XBL ID: Pre-baked
PSN ID: 40% Better

Post by BigSwingingUdders »

I hope they fix the Unreal Engine to get rid of the awful texture pop-in and shithouse load times... that really took away from the experience.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I was reading in some interview where they were saying the development of the original was segmented into different teams, and the lack of cohesion and time restraints led to bad loading times. They said they hope to make it better this time round. So do I.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

If they fix all the niggles from the first game it'll be excellent. I just hope they cut down the side missions and focus on quality and not quantity this time.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Was thinking of getting Mass Effect. PC version apparently does not have all the pausing and menu navigation required during combat on 360. I'm not sure though. Screens and vision don't look terribly inspired. Environments look like they've been ripped from Halo. But then characters look very good and the story apparently is worth it alone. *shrugs*
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Get it. One of the best games this gen.

Mass Effect 2:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/teaser/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RIGHTEOUS FURY
mech

Post by mech »

It's really not. But I would go the PC version, better control & inventory management.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Get it. One of the best games this gen.

Mass Effect 2:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/teaser/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I wasn't before I would be hyped now after seeing that vid.

I can't remember, could you have multiple game saves on ME1, can I have a good save and a bad save? If not, I can imagine an achievement in ME2 requiring you to have played though ME1 again to get a certain character or two appearing in ME2 when you complete it.

Almost makes you wonder if you should wait for ME3 before undergoing the task. ;)
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

I struggled to get through ME1. I just found the game felt sterile, didn't do anything particularly well and lacked any real personality. I was hoping it would get me in a death grip like vice like the first KOTOR. Probably will pass on this.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/replicav2.png[/img]
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I wish someone would play the game for me. I want the storyline and nothing more. Someone want to come over and play the game while I tell you what to do? I just don't want to suffer the horrible combat system, terrible in game menu system, and terrible team AI.
mech

Post by mech »

Yeah, I hope they fix the menus, the pacing and the side missions. I did every single side mission in ME1 and I have no idea why, they were the biggest waste of time ever. It did make the final battle very easy though.
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER
XBL ID: Pre-baked
PSN ID: 40% Better

Post by BigSwingingUdders »

There were a few technical issues with the first game that really stopped me enjoying it more than I did. I really wanted to love it... truly... Maybe a HDD install would fix the texture pop-in?

The choices from the first game carring over to the second is very cool though :shock:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

A HDD install doesn't fix the texture pop-in. It's the only game I've bothered to install on my 360.

That video is so awesome. Love the Mass Effect universe.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Peri Peri <<< Click link for links to vids and forums with comments by the programmers.

Mass Effect 2 Info Leaked From Latest OXM
Written Sunday, May 24, 2009 by Dan Webb

Subscribers of OXM have recently been getting their copies sent through the mail of their June issue, and thanks to Hunter 192 over at the Mass Effect forums, we can now bring you plenty of info from the upcoming OXM cover game, Mass Effect 2.

We're going to chalk all this down as a rumour for now, simply because we haven't been able to verify it with our own eyes, but considering the thread was allowed to continue and the odd programmer and even Community peacekeeper Chris Preistly came into correct the information, makes it seem legit. Get ready though, there is a LOT of info. Right, here goes nothing *takes deep breath*

- One of the new races (the one seen in the pre E3 video) is called the Drell and Thane, a member of that species, has the possibility of hooking up with your party. The Drell look amphibious and Thane is described as smooth and suave.

- This is apparently the main Cerberus outpost.

- Players get the chance to visit Illium, an Asari planet that is full of skyscrapers (the planet we saw in the GDC clip some time ago).

- For those familiar with the novel Ascenscion, the Mass Effect 2 prequel, you'll be pleased to know that we get to visit Omega, a lawless planet full of crooks. The planet is in fact a hollowed out asteroid with maze like streets for all those interested.

- We do get to play as Shepard for at "least a decent chunk" of the game which is a little ambiguous. It will be Shepard's job to investigate the human colonies that are going missing and the mission is described a "suicide" mission.

- The galactic community will still be fending off the reapers but this chapter deals with Cerberus and their enigmatic leader, AKA, The Illusive Man, who was also the main bad guy in the Mass Effect 2 prequel, as Saren was in the Mass Effect 1 prequel.

- If you are extremely paragon or renegade in Mass Effect 2 you would get extra special endings.

- Joker will return in Mass Effect 2 (and we presume Seth Green will be voicing as well.) Joker however is not the only returning character, although no specifics were given.

- There will be a new Krogan character called Grunt.

- There will be the chance to accept a Salarian into your ranks in Mass Effect 2, a tough but clever scientist who is the "Clint Eastwood" of scientists.

- There are new weapons (as confirmed by the pre-E3 clip). Apparently one that turns enemies into dust and a "nuke gun" that unleashes room-clearing nuclear fire.

- The Elcor and Volus actually move around this time making things a bit more interesting according to Casey Hudson.

- The magazine showed a Quarian dressed in medium or heavy armour. A new addition to the series.

- Casey Hudson on Uncharted Worlds - "We decided to really improve a lot of the points of interaction throughout that experience. We'll be showing this at E3, but there's more [going on] when you're in orbit, looking at [a planet], scanning, and riding down to the surface. And there's a much stronger focus on a really rich, interesting set-piece location."

- At E3 they plan to show a.) whether Shepard is dead, b.) the new transit system, c.) uncharted worlds exploration, d.) who you ultimately play as, and e.) more info on Thane.

- The "new transit system" is replacing the old elevator loading segments.

- We could be getting a new ship, or at least a revamped Normandy, as a new interior quarters is described that is bigger than the Normandy quarters and even has a small model of the old Normandy in it.

- The Mako now is a different vehicle and it moves in a different way. No specifics given at this moment.

- The game will no longer suffer with texture pop-up.

- There is a totally revamped inventory system.

- Choices are being flaunted as more meaningful, and there is apparently a real risk that major support characters can and will die.

- Mass Effect 2 could feature a Geth ally, party member or main character? The user quotes a BioWare developer, "he's a specific character you probably recognize him from the trailer, also people will really connect with him and his slick animations, like flaring his lens cover in surprise make him really appealing."

And in closing ...

- "Substantial" Mass Effect DLC is being worked on as we speak and something should be announced real soon. This will be the last piece of content before Mass Effect 2 is released.

OXM's June issue is out real soon. To get the full scoop and a good look at all the pictures, pick it up ... I know I will.

Hope this new 'transport system' doesn't make the loading seem as tedious. When I first played through ME a year and half ago I didn't think it was too bad but recently I found it was frustratingly painful.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Really really looking forward to this.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
mech

Post by mech »

I'd like to see some non-bullshots.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

low res textures, jaggies. Looks normal to me, what bullshots are you talking about?
mech

Post by mech »

Jaggies and low res textures? :lol: