World Of Warcraft - Cataclysm outsells 3DS

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Re: World Of Warcraft - Cataclysm aneurysm 85 or bust.

Post by MiNiStRy »

Still playing i'm on dreadmaul, lvl 85 hunter.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Picked up a copy of Cata today. Even bought a 60 day card. No scheduled install date has been defined.

They're afraid of a man with no ears
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

I have my Paladin up to 71. I thought 3 death knights would be overkill. Someone needs to think of the children.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

We're the only two on Spinebreaker. I think I'm the only DK if you're not playing as one. I think I'll install on the weekend.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

I still have my dk on spinebreaker so i may transfer him over to dreadmaul or even start a new goblin not sure yet.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Fucking bullshitty 6GB of updates before I can even look at the game.

Blizzard are cunts.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Are you sure it's 6gig? As soon as the red bit is done you can login.
Btw - I'm the first Team Cowboy guild member to login on Spinebreaker in 6 months.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

It was definitely 6GB. I could have played while it updated but then I couldn't have complained about the update in the way that I did. You see my dilemma. Anyway, I'm updated and probably going to log tonight for some loveless soul-less grinding joylessness.

Hooray for WoW. I'm back. Hopefully Ilce approaches me in Orgrimmer all pissy like he did a few years back.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Re: World Of Warcraft - 85 is the new 80

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'm suspect Ilce would be playing WoW in some high end raiding guild. In a way, I'm kind of jealous, as it would be a very satisfying to complete uber high end content. On the other hand, there is no way I could devote so much time and dedication to one game, or perhaps even gaming in general. Additionally, I couldn't do it on a six year old game that to me is stale.

pN guild are on Frostmourne, and I did plan to move Twizo over from Spinebreaker, but I note that Frostmourne has a Full server and login queues. I give the middle finger to queuing to login to WoW, so I guess Twizo and Jarrah stay in Team Cowboy guild, which is all good with me. Represent.

I did see you login yesterday olblueeyes, but I was so busy just in confused wonder to even say Hi.

Logging into Spinebreaker for the first time in 2.5 years + and two expansions later was such a trip.
Just sifting through all the crap in my packs that I obviously thought was important at the time. I've got no idea what most of it is for. Dumped the majority of it in the bank, just to clear my packs.

Then I noticed I only have 2 Ankhs, so I went to where the Reagent shop used to be in the Drag in Orgrimmar, and it's not there any more. So I checked out the auction house, and they have none either... Oh well. While in the auction house, just check my bread and butter cashcows, Essence of Airs, Stonescale Eels and Blindweed. Blindweed makes good money. Hmmm..

Then I had a wander around Org. Holy shit, shit's changed... Just finding where the flight master is, and the blimps.
I don't have Lich King or Cata installed, but I jumped on the blimp that goes to NorthRend just to see what happens, and it dumped me back to Org.

So then I flew out to Tenaris. Flying over 1000 Needles, and seeing it all flooded, including the Salt Flats that the goblins used to race their buggys around. Wow, what a trip. Then to get to Gadgetzan and walk out to the East to see the water all the way up to the edge of Gadgetzan.

Notice that totem timers, and Herb Finder mods are now part of the standard UI.

Then I hearth......and end up in a zone in the Outlands in Burning Crusade. Hmmmm. I expected to be back in Org. So I jump a bird to Shattrah, and find that the portals are all gone except for one portal to the Blood Elf area. So I Astral Recall back (Shaman ftw), and fly to the Dark Portal to get back to the Eastern Kingdoms. Went and checked Swamp of Sorrows for Blindweed, and it doesn't grow there anymore. Bugger.

So there's my exciting adventure in Azeroth so far. I feel like Alice in Wonderland. I've got no idea wtf is going on.

I've rolled up a Warlock and a Hunter on Oceanic low pop PVE servers, and rolled up a Rogue on a Oceanic low pop PVP server.
Got no idea what I'm doing, but I know one thing, it's gonna be uber casual for me.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Cardsy

World Of Warcraft - 85 is the new 80

Post by Cardsy »

I'm on Saurfang PVE Elf. It's Oceanic as well. I logged into Spinebreaker tonight with my Auction Alt. Found it to be a lot laggier than Saurfang for me, NFI why.

I'm levelling super casually as well, done about 6 levels in just over a month. Currently a 71 Blood Elf Paladin.

It's changed heaps since I last played it when Lich King released ... mostly for the better.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I popped on to see that my game was working the other night. Dalaran - what a fucking ghost town. Not a soul to be seen anywhere. I didn't go wandering. When I next log in I'll head to Org. Going to take my time levelling to 85 with Swearengine (my DK) and soloing as I've mostly done in the game. I got myself a Mammoth mount with vendors and repairs so I'm set to solo better than I ever have been. Might boot it up shortly and just make it my only mission to get to Org. Apparently there are no ports from Dalaran any more.

(2:25AM) EDIT: Fuck me...just made the journey back to Org. WTFMAN! I didn't make Org my Inn. Now I'm on a boat underwater. I've not allocated my skillpoints yet either so the first few quests nearly had me killed. Time to do some reading before I go any further.
emptyvessel
XBL ID: emptyvessel79
PSN ID: emptyvessel79
Steam ID: emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

Your favourite former PlayNOW admin is in our guild on Jubei. We aren't high end, just ok casuals (11/12 heroic 10 man icc prior to Cata). He's been in the guild since later BC and raids regularly.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Feel free to transfer back to Spinebreaker. I'll let you join my guild. Ilce is invited too. But I'm the boss.
emptyvessel
XBL ID: emptyvessel79
PSN ID: emptyvessel79
Steam ID: emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

Was never on Spinebreaker, started with rl mates on Ner'zhul and then pretty much all the Aussies on the server transferred to Jubei'thos.

I'm of a different batch to the old PlayNOW crew :)
ebe
XBL ID: ebeonline
Steam ID: ebe

Post by ebe »

Frostmourne's queues have thankfully eased off over xmas/new year. People taking the free transfer option or straight up rolling on new servers.

Unfortunately, most of my old guild got jack of the queues, but all rolled on random servers so even if I wanted to move I have to choose. So it's just me and my army of alts progressing a guild my friends might come back to :(
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Couldn't hate the game more right now. This underwater shit is never ending. I'll be close to 83 before I see land again. Poor effort for the expansion. I could pretty much ditch the game.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Champions Online has gone free to play.
89% dl'd.
Should have some impressions on the weekend.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Wow can get fucked. It just charged me 4750 for flight skill in the old maps. Just fucking sink your gold into skills you need to learn for each new area. It's fucking scabby and retarded.
ebe
XBL ID: ebeonline
Steam ID: ebe

Post by ebe »

Wait what? I don't remember it costing me that much. I don't think I've ever even had that much gold on the one char.

No, I'm not playing this game right.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: World Of Warcraft - Blizzard are Scabs

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Pondering another crack. Would want to start afresh though. Maybe that plus some group stuff with my level 62 character as well if that's possible. The new goblin race looks interesting. I never did get around to playing the other new race that came with Lich King, which I bought and never got to.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Hmm did anyone have any probs when they cut over to Battle.net? My patronage pre dates this so have not had the pleasure. FAQs tell me no need to create a new account as WOW accounts migrated. Battle.net advises my account details are not known however. Can still access account details on WOW site but when I need to administer it redirects to Battle.net and I hit a wall.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I was in the same position as you Pep.
I created a new battlenet account for my son, then merged my old WoW account with it. The option's there somewhere.
Sorry, it was too long ago now to recall the details.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Thing is every time someone on the forum tries to get a revival going, they usually last all of a week or two and then drop off again.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

2004 game reeks of 2004.
Seven year old game is seven years old.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Well I was thinking about MMOs again. My ideal would be a gothic masterpiece rather than cartoon central tbh but then I remember buying the two WoW expansion, Lich King being the last and just not playing them. So then I thought perhaps fire up the old girl and start something new which I didn't do during my two week cameo last time. Cataclysm's new races look good.

I wonder how Guild Wars is these days. Loved the look of that game. Then there's Rift? Not sold on the look of that one though.