Wiimote Woundup

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Oh, my sides. Reckon you morons could keep your inane trolling to one of the countless other threads? This is actually a really interesting and relevant thread for me, can we keep just one shit-free? Probably not, this is GR.
Talez wrote:May I present for your approval...

The Wii drum machine demo!
That's ace. I think I'm going to have to get into GlovePIE, the scripts look pretty straightforward. Wiimote support and MIDI output options... Sounds like a recipe for good times. I might start planning some small audio toys/games soon, hopefully I'll have the time next year to get something together. The tactile nature of it would work well with some of the older ideas I've experimented with too.

Are you likely to get into any of this h4><0ring yourself Talez, or are you an enthused tech-spectator? :)
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Gamma wrote:Oh, my sides. Reckon you morons could keep your inane trolling to one of the countless other threads? This is actually a really interesting and relevant thread for me, can we keep just one shit-free? Probably not, this is GR.
Don't fret, Gamma. There's a tried and tested method for solving this problem. Just keep on trolling right back, accusing, insulting and slurring, and eventually they'll snap, earning themselves a banning.

And if that doesn't work, just say that if they aren't banned you and your friends will leave GR. That'll do the trick, guaranteed.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Yep cos it's definitely trolling to discuss the reality that the wii is using gamecube architecture at higher clocks, and now the control is working on PC.

1 + 1 = 2, the idea of a wii emulator is not far fetched at all if you consider 100% of the work done towards any cube emulator is now applicable to a wii emulator, it's like the emu guys just got a 5 year headstart including all PC advances made in that time.

If they can make a mostly working/speedy PS2 emulator I don't see why what lestat is talking about is impossible in the near future.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Gamma has his answer, and it's a resounding No.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

You're a moron if you think it's trolling to discuss something like that.

Beyond moron.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Gamma wrote:Are you likely to get into any of this h4><0ring yourself Talez, or are you an enthused tech-spectator? :)
A little from column A, a little from column B. I've gotten stuff working on my Powerbook but I still need to wait for pay day before I can buy a new Bluetooth adapter for my PC and try all this stuff out.
Sonic Jam wrote:You're a moron if you think it's trolling to discuss something like that.

Beyond moron.
He's not saying its trolling. He just wants everyone to piss all over waggle in another thread perhaps dedicated to pissing all over waggle.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Cos clearly discussing how the most complicated piece of the wii has been emulated and how that could change things has no place in this thread Talez, I didn't see any of it as pissing on waggle.

And even if they were pissing on waggle wouldn't that fall under discussion of the topic aswell?

The only thing I can remotely see as trolling or pissing on waggle for the hell of it (as in not just discussion of the topic) is a single joke made in this thread that one person laughed at, then discussion continued as normal.

DAMN TROLLS!
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Fuck pissing on Waggle. I'm interested in the fact I can use waggle for more than party games and Zelda if I chose.

Now I get the choice of using waggle on a PC with all the awesome games it has plus playing zelda on a Cube I already own and to take it one step further I imagine a cube emulator must be well in the works and from there all you need is a little more grunt and you have a wii emulator.

It's called joining the dots and as Sonic pretty much said is well on target for this thread.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Man, its like every month there is a new subject to bitch and moan over. Last month it was PS3 screens with some members going right off the rails. Now its trolling accusations.

I dont really see anyone actually trolling [in this thread] here.Pppl have voiced their opinions and those who dont agree (who are almost coming across as irate fanboys tttt) are up in arms its trolling. Moan there is no free speech, and when it is, moan about that too. More like free f**king speech when it suits you*. Ffs, whats going on lately?

*Not aimed at anyone, just explaining.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

t0mby wrote:Ffs, whats going on lately?
A new console launch?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

The only thing "wound up" around here is Nintendo fans. Relax guys. :)
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

What was the state of gamecube emulation anyway? Or wasnt it ever popular enough for anyone to bother? lol
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Some people claimed some stuff but nothing has ever really come about yet, and it's not surprising if you consider PS2 emulation (older machine, 1 billion times the interest factor) is only now just coming good.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Kabal wrote:What was the state of gamecube emulation anyway? Or wasnt it ever popular enough for anyone to bother? lol
Nintendo just released a new console that emulates the Gamecube. Unfortunately its controls are inferior though.
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

Sonic Jam wrote:Some people claimed some stuff but nothing has ever really come about yet, and it's not surprising if you consider PS2 emulation (older machine, 1 billion times the interest factor) is only now just coming good.
Yeah but the PS2 is a pretty tough architecture to emulate. Gamecube/Wii look pretty simple in comparison.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

mxlegend99 wrote:
Kabal wrote:What was the state of gamecube emulation anyway? Or wasnt it ever popular enough for anyone to bother? lol
Nintendo just released a new console that emulates the Gamecube. Unfortunately its controls are inferior though.
^ This is trolling, see the comparison lads?

Yes Kabal this is true, but there are only so many people in the 'scene' and I guess the most interesting console is the PS2 for them.

It's not like there was NO progress on cube though, but I imagine it will still be some time till it's upto scratch, and then a while longer while they get it working with the faster wii.
Last edited by Sonic Jam on 08 Dec 2006 02:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/ga" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... lphin.html
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

*sigh*
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

So a quick run down:

Wiimote works on a PC. You can play PC games using said wiimote.

From there we start to explore the possibilty of a GC/Wii emulator as that is the next logical step...

Thread on target Talez having a hissy.

Or are you sad that your shitty mac wont ever see a decent emu?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Sonic Jam wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:
Nup, I see someone joking around and then I see ppl who cant tqake a joke bite back because their system of choice is being talked down. Ppl are going to say that sort of shit because the graphical diffenerence between Nintendo generations isnt huge like 360 and PS3. Nintendo have opted to make an affordable console with new a new 'innovative' feature but for some reason, for a majority of ppl, gameplay just doenst come first anymore.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

Seraph wrote:
Gamma wrote:Oh, my sides. Reckon you morons could keep your inane trolling to one of the countless other threads? This is actually a really interesting and relevant thread for me, can we keep just one shit-free? Probably not, this is GR.
Don't fret, Gamma. There's a tried and tested method for solving this problem. Just keep on trolling right back, accusing, insulting and slurring, and eventually they'll snap, earning themselves a banning.

And if that doesn't work, just say that if they aren't banned you and your friends will leave GR. That'll do the trick, guaranteed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
t0mby wrote:
Sonic Jam wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote: Nintendo just released a new console that emulates the Gamecube. Unfortunately its controls are inferior though.
Nup, I see someone joking around and then I see ppl who cant tqake a joke bite back because their system of choice is being talked down. Ppl are going to say that sort of shit because the graphical diffenerence between Nintendo generations isnt huge like 360 and PS3. Nintendo have opted to make an affordable console with new a new 'innovative' feature but for some reason, for a majority of ppl, gameplay just doenst come first anymore.
OTM. I might add though, that gameplay comes first for most people who aren't "gamers".
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

MX is definitely not joking so I don't see how OTM t0mby can be.

I don't have anything against MX's view regarding the wii infact I agree with alot of it. He's definitely NOT joking in that post so I think t0mby is misunderstanding the situation.
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

t0mby wrote:for a majority of ppl, gameplay just doenst come first anymore.
But theres no reason why you cant have graphics AND gameplay.. ie 360 or PS3 :)
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Will you sooks keep it to the "In Response to Seraph" (PC kids unite) thread please?

We are trying to discuse other uses of the Wiimote here!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I thought HL2 looked quite cool with the Wiimote. Awkward, but cool :redface:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)