Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Post by Pariah »

man...cant freaking wait this gonna be so good.

Warsaw, 18 October 2012 – CD Projekt RED has officially announced the title of its in-development role-playing game. "Cyberpunk 2077" will be set in the world created by Mike Pondsmith, one of the fathers of the cyberpunk genre and the creator of the cult-classic pen-and-paper RPG, Cyberpunk.

"The Team has to love the material. The Team has to want to be faithful to the material. The Team has to have the skills to execute the material and see that vision through to the end. They have to be on fire with the desire to make an extraordinary game.

And that leads, at last, to why we hooked up with CD Projekt RED" – Mike Pondsmith commented, why he has chosen to work with the Polish game developer.

The cyberpunk atmosphere, well known from William Gibson's novels, the "Blade Runner" movie and the famous pen-and-paper game, "Cyberpunk 2020", will surround the player. The creators promise that "Cyberpunk 2077" will be true to the essence of the cyberpunk genre. Players will be thrown into the dark future of the year 2077 and into a world where advanced technologies have become both the salvation and the curse of humanity. A multi-thread, nonlinear story designed for mature players (a CD Projekt RED trademark) will take place in the sprawling metropolis of Night City and its surroundings. Players will have a chance to visit places well known from "Cyberpunk 2020", including a combat zone completely taken over by gangs, the legendary Afterlife joint and the nostalgic Forlorn Hope.

Freedom of action and diversity in gameplay will be delivered thanks to the sandbox nature of the game and mechanics inspired by the "Cyberpunk 2020" pen-and-paper system, fine tuned to meet the requirements of a modern RPG. Gameplay will pump adrenaline through players' veins and be consistent with the celebrated Cyberpunk spirit – rebellion, style, edge, uncertainty. And of course, a cyberpunk reality cannot be deprived of murderous steel – guns, rifles, implants, dozens of gadgets and other varied pieces of equipment needed to survive on the streets of Night City. The developers are focused on making the technology of 2077 credible and exciting.

For more info please visit the newly launched blog: cyberpunk.net and read some articles written by both the developers from CD Projekt RED and Mike Pondsmith himself.
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Re: Cyberpunk 2077...god damn son

Post by cloud »

CD Projekt RED!!!!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I see a lot of words, but not a lot of footage.
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

No footage games not coming out till 2014 I think..

Gonna be hype though love cyberpunk
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

For PC and next-gen consoles?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

This looks awesome, as well as that new Wasteland game.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

Pariah wrote:No footage games not coming out till 2014 I think..

Gonna be hype though love cyberpunk
For show son! Witcher 2 is this gens best RPG! Killed Skyrim imo..
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I for one welcome our new Cyberpunk overlords.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... ame-so-far" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CDPR + Cyberpunk RPG = winner.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

My favourite line from Blade Runner.
" He say you Brade Runner ".

Might consider picking up The Witcher 2.Heard good things about it but I'm currently flooded with games at the moment.

Come on next gen.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

My new thread on this is awesome. :up: Thanks for finding this one pariah. This one may as well be deleted now.

The people involved with the witcher are not behind this. It is a different team working under the same studio. Let's pray it doesn't suck and is ultra violent and dark.

The only cyberpunk crpg (I don't think deus ex is pure rpg) I can remember playing was shadowrun on the 16 bit consoles. I imagine it will look a bit like that given they all seem to have similar look.

With the implantation of chips today we are not far from this dark universe given that we have cyborg monkeys now. But no flying cars yet.

Hey Candy you going to preorder this one from ebgames?
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Oh, for fuck's sake. I do wish Tapatalk obeyed your ignore list. That was the first time I've voluntarily read a GH post in months.

I'd like my thirty seconds and fifteen brain cells back, thanks.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

My sources tell me that version 1.14.4 of tapatalk will offer the "Blocks GameHED" feature.Fingers crossed it's not subscription based.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Hadn't seen anyone post anything about this recently...

Gotta say that if the trailer is anything to go by... holy fuck...
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Looks awesome, shame it's so far away :(
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

pilonv1 wrote:Looks awesome, shame it's so far away :(
And CG ;(
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Yeah but I'm hoping that by 2015, the graphical advancements we see over the next 2yrs will get us close to what we saw in that video :)

The song is Bullets by the band Archive btw. Awesome band.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

CD take my mofoing money! Witcher 2 was fucking amazing!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Huh? What's so good about it? It is just a trailer with funny camera hats, a fake woman with transforming arms, and people with guns. You see that shit in every game. Oh and blood. She had her period. No information in it at all. Could be shit.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

From an artistic point of view what with the very aethetically pleasing style of it and it also had a song from a somewhat obscure band that I like.. it worked for me. Given their work on The Witcher 2... I am confident that they want to do this properly. The scope and the direction of the trailer shows this.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

In other words it could be shit.

I hope it's not. But it could be shit.

Reasons it could be shit: there is no information that allows us to tell if it isn't shit.

I like rpgs, I like the dark setting, but where is the information.

I'd rather watch a movie review of world war z by alex jones:
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Oh look, it's a hypocrite going off topic! Keep your alex jones shit in the whackjob threads
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I'm just warning people that trailers are deceptive. You can't expect to get anything game-play specific from it.
If it sucks and everyone buys it and then returns it to EBgames for refund, you guys will end up sympathising more for the publishers who get angry that people can trade in shit games at EB instead of be angry that crap games (which shouldn't exist) were made with good trailers to hype it up and trick us into thinking that the good trailer = awesome game.

Common sense people. Wait for proper preview. Don't get angry at the messenger. Didn't you learn anything from avatar and duke nukem forever? Don't preorder anything until you know it is going to be awesome is all I am saying. The hype for a game is not indicative of the final quality of the game. In fact your positive response to the trailer only encourages the makers of the game to rush the shit out of it and has a negative effect on gaming in general. People on the internet who love trailers are highly suspect of being paid advertisers who will bash any negative critics of the trailer.

So you love the trailer fine. I think it is just a copy of the matrix. That bullet time shit was new in ten years ago. Is it my fault that I am jaded and cyborgs are in pretty much every scifi shooter? Not everyone is the same.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Why do we need to be warned?

Seriously, GameHED.. just having a quick scroll through the people who have commented in this thread and without a doubt they are some of the most knowledgeable, realistic and mature gamers I've seen post at a forum. Do you honestly think you are some sort of shining beacon of fucking wisdom that has to guide us? Like it said, it comes out in 2015. It's ages away. Of course you can't get anything game-play specific from it. It's a teaser trailer introducing a potential audience to a new story and concept.
As for rushing? The fact that they have said coming: when it's ready.. I think that was a nice gesture to say that it will be released when it's ready without deadlines.

I'm somewhat shitty that this ignore user thing doesn't seem to work all that well in this forum as I keep seeing your shit. You aren't some gaming expert and us lot are just low level gaming plebs. You assume we haven't a clue and fuck it makes you look like a dickhead.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

ffs crackfuck FUCK OFF!