Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Darwi
Obey your thirst

Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Post by Darwi »

I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks (work / camping trips)... but I see that Sony are holding an event on Feb 20th to announce the PS4 (assumed from their sketchy details of 'the future of playstation').

Kind of unexpected?

I was just assuming Sony and MS would go head to head with this stuff at E3 in June.

What's the advantage of going now?

Surely they would want a little more time to milk the current systems into 2013... and there is nothing that kills a current model than hyping it's successor.

And it's not as if the Wii U has put system releasing pressure on Sony and MS?

Not that I'm not looking forward to the next gen... can't wait in fact. It's been too long between console unboxings.

So what now of MS. It was rumoured they were ready to go if Sony jumped the gun at last years E3... so I'm sure they won't be too far behind.

Bring it on.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Re: Xbox 720 and PS4

Post by General Chaos »

Ehh E3 is lame. Everyone worth their salt will hold their own announcements.

Bring it on! Fucking Nintendo trying to drag out last gen for another 5 years isn't doing it for me.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Why not announce now? What's the point of milking 2013? This gen has been milked for a long time already, I don't see any advantage in waiting.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Why don't we wait and see if our Surface Pros RROD before we push M$ into making more hardware.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Nobody here is actually going to be fucking stupid enough to purchase Xbox Next at launch, and risk bleeding well over half a grand for potentially another RROD. The real launch of Xbox Next doesn't start until at least half a year after it's launch, to give enough time to see if the systems are even still working.

I know change is difficult, but guys...you may have to start playing superior versions of the games you're lusting over, on PC instead of the inferior versions on home consoles that you are voluntarily accustomed to. If Microsoft can prove Xbox Next is free of any hardware issues 6-12 months after launch, then you can waste well over half a grand and go back to your routine of playing the graphically inferior versions of PC games. :lol:

PS xbots = According to reports, PS4 whoops Xbox Next in the arse, offering superior, refined & more powerful hardware. Because of wanting Kinect to be packed in with all Xbox Next consoles, Microsoft have apparently gone for inferior hardware to cut costs... :lol:

I know that 360 games being available on PC in superior form doesn't bother xbots for some bizarre reason considering most are graphics whores, but when the truckload of PC ports and third party titles are looking better on PS4 than on Xbox Next...that's gonna make the blood of xbots absolutely boil! :up:
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

By the time I get through my current backlog the PS5 and Xbox 4 will be launching, or the console market will be dead and it'll be Apple vs Valve/Android. It's almost certain I'll be skipping next gen.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Jasper wrote:Nobody here is actually going to be fucking stupid enough to purchase Xbox Next at launch
Wow, don't you ever get tired of being wrong?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Yeah, I know...

Thinking it over again, of course there are going to be a bunch of Games-Ranch fuckheads like you, more than willing to risk wasting over half a grand on RROD 2.0.

If you are willing to go through 2 or even 3 RROD 360's, then you clowns are willing to let Microsoft take a dump in your mouth any day of the week... :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:By the time I get through my current backlog the PS5 and Xbox 4 will be launching, or the console market will be dead and it'll be Apple vs Valve/Android. It's almost certain I'll be skipping next gen.
It's obvious this next generation is going to be the last, with television manufacturers (in particular Samsung) integrating into tv's the ability to offer premium gaming via onlive/steam-like cloud gaming.

I think Sony will be fine, because it's going to work in their favour to have a Playstation cloud gaming service accessible via Sony televisions, blu-ray players etc...

Microsoft on the other hand are fucked. Mark my words, Xbox Next is going to be marketed as a Microsoft set top box and not a gaming system, because they know if they don't make their mark this generation as Xbox being an all in one set top box, they never will. Microsoft know that in the future generation, they are going to be up against television manufacturers offering cloud gaming without the need for any extra hardware, and so Microsoft need to spend this new generation demonstrating why it's worth buying a Microsoft set top box, even when the future is going to offer videogames simply through a television.

Nintendo on the other hand will create a quirky hybrid home console/handheld (no more dedicated home and portable gaming systems), and I think that's going to create a profitable niche market for them.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Jasper wrote: PS xbots = According to reports, PS4 whoops Xbox Next in the arse, offering superior, refined & more powerful hardware. Because of wanting Kinect to be packed in with all Xbox Next consoles, Microsoft have apparently gone for inferior hardware to cut costs... :lol:
The rumours are that they're very similar aren't they? Same CPU, PS4 has less but faster RAM. But Xbox seems to have part of its CPU/RAM dedicated to non-gaming related things like Kinect and its operating system. From the rumours it looks like PS4 will have an edge in power but it'll be interesting to see what the xbox does other than gaming, like there's reasons to suggest it might work as a PVR-type device too.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Jasper wrote:If you are willing to go through 2 or even 3 RROD 360's, then you clowns are willing to let Microsoft take a dump in your mouth any day of the week... :lol:
I've had two RRODs. Both times MS fixed it free of charge in about 3-4 days. Guess I had make a trip to the post office I might not had otherwise made, and was without an Xbox for a few days, but altogether it wasn't quite the harrowing experience you seem to think it was.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: RE: Xbox 720 and PS4

Post by lestat »

Finally some new hardware is coming. From the leaks it seems both systems will be AMD based. I think ps4 is going to sacrifice BC due to the dumping of cell. Can't wait till Feb 20.[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Darwi
Obey your thirst

Post by Darwi »

Megaman wrote:
Jasper wrote:If you are willing to go through 2 or even 3 RROD 360's, then you clowns are willing to let Microsoft take a dump in your mouth any day of the week... :lol:
I've had two RRODs. Both times MS fixed it free of charge in about 3-4 days. Guess I had make a trip to the post office I might not had otherwise made, and was without an Xbox for a few days, but altogether it wasn't quite the harrowing experience you seem to think it was.
I had two RRODs... one inside the warranty and fixed in 3 days. The other was outside the repair warranty so I had to pony up for a new Xbox. Still... if you look at the hours the kids and I have hammered into the X360 over the last seven years or so... easily the best value for money I've spent on entertainment.

Now, the Wii on the otherhand...
Darwi
Obey your thirst

Post by Darwi »

Sounds cool...
Now, for some Xbox 720 specs. A new leak from VGLeaks, and reported on by TechCrunch, offers a look at some of the computing power being built into the Xbox 720. And according to those leaks, the new Xbox 720 console includes: 8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.
Numbers look good (but fessing up that I have no real idea!).

So rumours of being driveless are bunk?
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

My 360 died just after the slim models came out and considering the amount of games and hours put into the thing it was worth upgrading.

As for my Wii stopped playing it after Mario Galaxy, following years of nothing to play on it, borrowed my mates Zelda SS and after 10 minutes of playing the Wii it would just switch off, it was overheating cause the fans stopped working. Wasn't worth buying another because its the worst console I ever owned. This is coming from a gamer who grew up with Nintendo.

Can't wait till the real next gen starts, really thought MS would announce first followed by Sony. Both should deliver awesome machines with a constant flow of great games....
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Jasper wrote: It's obvious this next generation is going to be the last, with television manufacturers (in particular Samsung) integrating into tv's the ability to offer premium gaming via onlive/steam-like cloud gaming.

I think Sony will be fine, because it's going to work in their favour to have a Playstation cloud gaming service accessible via Sony televisions, blu-ray players etc...

Microsoft on the other hand are fucked. Mark my words, Xbox Next is going to be marketed as a Microsoft set top box and not a gaming system, because they know if they don't make their mark this generation as Xbox being an all in one set top box, they never will. Microsoft know that in the future generation, they are going to be up against television manufacturers offering cloud gaming without the need for any extra hardware, and so Microsoft need to spend this new generation demonstrating why it's worth buying a Microsoft set top box, even when the future is going to offer videogames simply through a television.
You fuckwit!! If thats the case Nintendo's home console is in the same boat fucktard. Lets not forget Nintendo have also marketed the Wii U as set top box also, a very poor one thats years behind already. And if it came down to selecting a set top box/gaming machine on content the Wii U is a dead last. So basically in your pathetic rant about future gaming you have admitted that Nintendo will become a gaming only developer and we will finally see Nintendo franchise games on PC, Phones, PlayStations and Xboxs
Darwi
Obey your thirst

Post by Darwi »

guttermouth wrote:...really thought MS would announce first followed by Sony.
I read somewhere that MS had a presentation ready to go at last years E3 just in case Sony did something.

Towards the end of the year Sony said they were in no rush and would probably let MS go first (which nobody really believed after the disaster of PS3's late start).

A couple of weeks ago Major Nelson put a countdown timer on his blog... which everyone assumes was a countdown to the X720 unveiling at E3.

Barely a few days later Sony announce the future of Playstation will be unveiled at a press conference on Feb 20.

It will be interesting to see what MS do now. If Sony do unleash on Feb 20... that's probably too much of a head start to ED in June.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Darwi wrote:Sounds cool...
Now, for some Xbox 720 specs. A new leak from VGLeaks, and reported on by TechCrunch, offers a look at some of the computing power being built into the Xbox 720. And according to those leaks, the new Xbox 720 console includes: 8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.
Numbers look good (but fessing up that I have no real idea!).

So rumours of being driveless are bunk?
I'm not liking that 1.6GHz CPU idea...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Though it may give them time to beef up the specs or counter Sony's better ideas by e3. It would just look too reactive if ms turned around and announced the new Xbox at any point between feb 20 and e3
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'd say it's practically set in stone what the new xbox's specs are, surely.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

guttermouth wrote:You fuckwit!! If thats the case Nintendo's home console is in the same boat fucktard. Lets not forget Nintendo have also marketed the Wii U as set top box also, a very poor one thats years behind already. And if it came down to selecting a set top box/gaming machine on content the Wii U is a dead last. So basically in your pathetic rant about future gaming you have admitted that Nintendo will become a gaming only developer and we will finally see Nintendo franchise games on PC, Phones, PlayStations and Xboxs
Comprehension much, gutterbreath? :roll:

I said I believe Nintendo's next gaming system will be a hybrid portable/home gaming device. Probably a digital download and cloud gaming exclusive gadget that resembles a sleeker looking Wii U controller, that is portable like a 3DS, and when at home, can also stream games to a television to play of a big screen without the need for a console sitting in the entertainment unit or wires connected to a tv.

With Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Yoshi, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, etc... Nintendo can create such a gadget and people will still be interested.

On the other hand, if I buy a brand new Samsung television that lets me play Assassin's Creed, Madden, Mass Effect, CoD, Elder Scrolls, Fallout etc via cloud gaming directly from my television and without the need for separate hardware...why the flying fuck would I go out a spend over half a grand on an XBOX gaming system, that has a software library consisting primarily of games available to me directly through my television.

Nintendo can create a niche market for itself and sell a hybrid portable/home gaming device primarily on exclusive titles. Sony and Microsoft on the other hand most definitely cannot sell a gaming system solely on exclusives.

Like I said, I think Sony will be fine but Microsoft are likely fucked because at some point, nobody is going to even want a set top box, when televisions are getting smarter and smarter, and offering everything that a set top box can offer + more integrated directly into the television unit.

Wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft eventually enters a partnership with a television manufacturer to offer an Xbox cloud gaming service as a last resort.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I agree somewhat, but I'm not sure about gaming through TVs only. I think Steam Box will change gaming the most, it could be a PC/console hybrid where components are easily interchangeable ala the x3 piston. If that happens, Microsoft will be in a far better position than Sony to evolve down that pathway. They're already starting to.

I do think you're right about Nintendo though, they'll probably become handheld/portable only and won't punch with the big boys. So far it seems like it is only Sony that is just doing the same thing and not evolving/innovating.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Oh, what do you know....Samsung were already working on getting Gaikai's cloud gaming service on it's televisions, though Sony have now acquired Gaikai (i'm betting so that they can eventually rebrand Gaikai to Playstation and integrate it into Sony televisions/blu-ray players, etc).

It actually looks pretty incredible! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Samsung Cloud Gaming to Stream Console-Quality Games Straight to Smart TVs

It was announced at E3 today that Samsung Cloud Gaming, developed in partnership with Gaikai, a leading cloud-based video game platform provider, will stream a mix of family-friendly and AAA video games directly to owners of 2012 Samsung LED 7000 series and up Smart TVs in the U.S.

The cloud-based gaming service will be second to none, allowing users access to some of the video game industry's biggest titles, without the need for a console, in much the same way that smart TVs are eliminating the need for a set-top cable box.

One of the more exciting consumer-designed perks of the platform is the try-before-you-buy payment plan, allowing users a free trial of any game, so they'll never have to pay good money for a game they end up disliking.

Samsung will soon begin accepting sign-ups for the Beta Test of its Cloud Gaming service on Smart TVs for users in the United States.
http://gizmodo.com/5916101/samsung-clou ... -smart-tvs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously this right here is the future of gaming! PS4 and Xbox Next WILL be the last gaming systems from Sony/MS, because there is no fucking way anybody is going to spend hundreds of dollar on a gaming system to play the same games available to them directly through their television unit & without the need for new hardware. :wink:
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Yeah it's like how I got rid of my computer because my TV can go on the internet.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

What an utterly ridiculous analogy. You're an idiot!

If you are thick-headed enough to think that people in 6 or so years from now are going to turn on their televisions day in and day out and see that Assassin's Creed, Madden, Elders Scrolls, CoD etc...are available to be played directly out of their tv and think nope, i'd rather play Assassin's Creed, Madden, Elders Scrolls, CoD etc... through a $500 + bulky gaming system instead...then you are a fucking imbecile.
Last edited by Jasper on 03 Feb 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.