t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Lego City Undercover - almost enough to make me want a W

Post by t0mby »

Can't wait for Jadper to post the Edge score for this. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Lego Shitty Undercover

Damn Mongolians
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

guttermouth wrote:Lego Shitty Undercover

Damn Mongorians

Fixed.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

flipswitch wrote:
guttermouth wrote:Lego Shitty Undercover

Damn Mongorians

Fixed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I think reviews will be all over the place on it... Hurry up and release some reviews damnit!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I predict GamesTM will give it a 6 and Eurogamer a 7.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Scores i reckon to be in the 8-9 range. The developer has already come out and said it won't be released on any other console as the gamepad is used to its full potential.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Just looked at edge and they seem to have given it a 5 alongside aliens colonial marines :wtf:

http://nintendoeverything.com/115329/ed ... lego-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm thinking 7's from most sites. I'm really curious about the 5 from edge.

It could be too kiddy for them. Rate the game as what a 20 something would like to play rather than as a game by itself.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Edge are usually on the money. So many times people say"Omg, biased score, too low blah blah blah" and then after playing/completing it end up agreeing with it.

Look at Alpha Protocol, gets a 7. Gameplay is nothing great, graphics are very subpar but gets a score for it's technical achievement and as most here agree, it's a good game but not great.

People need to stop comparing Edges scores to other sites since Edge have never been afraid of using the whole scale. The only publications/sites I rely on for my purchases are Edge, GamesTM and Eurogamer. In most cases They'll be pretty close to the mark.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

But if they're not afraid to use the whole scale, how is ACM getting a 5?
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Thats why i said :wtf:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Perhaps it was reviewed by the same muppet who gave GTA4 a 10?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Game Informer has given it an 8.5

from what I've googled people are saying it has some horrible load times. It does the whole elder scrolls thing of loading between outdoors and indoors.

it's out next Monday in the US where are the reviews! I'm only so worked up because there is fuck all for the Wii U...

here is the review

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doesn't mention load times in that one, just seems that they really enjoyed it.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Horrible load times compared to, say, PC releases? No big deal.
Horrible load times compared to the Wii U menus? Big deal.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

I've never been into sandbox games but from what I have read this is a day one purchase for me along with need for speed.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

european gamers love it:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... ver-review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

must be microsoft loyalists planted everywhere in the gaming critic sites these days planning to give nintendo exclusives shit scores to keep metacritic percentages down.. So obvious this is the best lego game made to date. (probably still more fun than gta 5 will be - it IS only aimed at people who own last gen consoles after all)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

t0mby wrote:I predict GamesTM will give it a 6 and Eurogamer a 7.
You lost. The game got a 9 just like earth defense force. Eurogamer are not trying hard to hate anything exclusive to nintendo machines unlike the people on this board who hate fun gaming if it isn't published on ms or sony systems.
They are pros who didn't put up huge lego city banners all over the site. So you can't accuse them of being on the take like gamespot who gives zelda games 8.8 just because link doesn't talk. :roll: (nitpicking tiny shit)

If you liked games like crackdown this game is going to be fun. I think they should do a zombie open world lego game after this. Lego City Zombies. Base it on all the most popular zombie movies and include a co-op multi mode.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Seems Edge don't like it because it underperforms as a console exclusive and it's for kids. Some reason they don't think it utilises the control pad enough where other review sites are praising it for the best use of the control pad. I think the reviewer must have had some personal issues while writing the review.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yeah it reminds me of people who reckon skyward sword's controls were crap just because they don't like gimmicks. Then people on youtube demonstrating how good it worked manage to dispell the myths with video evidence. Loads of people hate nintendo succeeding last gen and now blame them for killing MS by getting them to cater to the non-gamer market. lol They do not like toys or kids because the gaming elites see themselves as above young people. (agism - you see this all the time at older websites catering to old gamers who are tech conscious and want realism in everything)

Eurogamer is also guilty of mistakes too. RE 4 Wii review was horrible. Sometimes you just got to play the game firsthand before judging. Each person is different. I can see for instance why fat dudes would not like kinect features for skyrim because it might tire them. But it might be lots of fun for others. (using voice to switch weapons and moving your body to move the character so it is more intuitive) But people who hate motion sensing in general are always going to hate it by default of not liking gimmicks period, which is not fair.

I don't like QTE in my games (i think games like madworld were a bit over rated just because they are violent therefore more 'adult') but my friends do. I see them as breaking the natural flow while another guy see them as an advancement. (why? because it seems new to them? What's fun for them is not fun for me) Since QTE are popular in game like god of war developers feel they need to chuck them into everything which ruins the experience for us who like the old method. (castlevania 3ds is the latest to shoe-horn this in)

For all those who see themselves as adult gamers: videogames in general are kids entertainment in the eyes of normal people just like comic books or toys or clowns. You are just in denial of this fact so you avoid anything that looks too kiddy without looking at it from a true gamer's POV where the game is rated based on fun playing it. If you can't have fun playing a good game, but liked say the voice acting or the monster design or something like graphic engines and only value that one portion of the game, you are not a true gamer. You are tech geek or art critic who is better off reading books, watching movie or making VFX, not gaming. Too much focus on criticising non-gamey things is causing game companies to forget why people buy games. I will take one castlevania with no voice acting and no cutscenes and no QTE over one with those things in it but feels like it is trying too hard to be a movie or book or a Dragon's Lair arcade game clone. Yes games can be more than what they are (which is why we have Metal Gear, GTA, Uncharted, ME, bioshock etc which gives us more than what we are used to having) but it is not the only reason to buy things - if it isn't fun to play, the rest doesn't matter. It will be remembered by edge for pushing games into new areas, but not to the average guy on the street who wants a fun experience and isn't taking games seriously enough to care about tiny details. You don't go to a movie for just one thing like whether it is 'mature' or 'immature' so stop expecting it for games. You enjoyed star wars as a kid and can watch star wars as an adult. It doesn't "need" to mature or change just for you to please a narrow group of people. You all did this when nintendo announced Cel Shaded Link in wind waker and thought it was too kiddy for you. At the end of the day, the game was fun which is all you should give a fuck about.
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Gamma wrote:Perhaps it was reviewed by the same muppet who gave GTA4 a 10?
:laugh: :fight:
Yoshi Sonic

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

GameHED wrote:Yeah it reminds me of people who reckon skyward sword's controls were crap just because they don't like gimmicks. Then people on youtube demonstrating how good it worked manage to dispell the myths with video evidence. Loads of people hate nintendo succeeding last gen and now blame them for killing MS by getting them to cater to the non-gamer market. lol They do not like toys or kids because the gaming elites see themselves as above young people. (agism - you see this all the time at older websites catering to old gamers who are tech conscious and want realism in everything)

Eurogamer is also guilty of mistakes too. RE 4 Wii review was horrible. Sometimes you just got to play the game firsthand before judging. Each person is different. I can see for instance why fat dudes would not like kinect features for skyrim because it might tire them. But it might be lots of fun for others. (using voice to switch weapons and moving your body to move the character so it is more intuitive) But people who hate motion sensing in general are always going to hate it by default of not liking gimmicks period, which is not fair.

I don't like QTE in my games (i think games like madworld were a bit over rated just because they are violent therefore more 'adult') but my friends do. I see them as breaking the natural flow while another guy see them as an advancement. (why? because it seems new to them? What's fun for them is not fun for me) Since QTE are popular in game like god of war developers feel they need to chuck them into everything which ruins the experience for us who like the old method. (castlevania 3ds is the latest to shoe-horn this in)

For all those who see themselves as adult gamers: videogames in general are kids entertainment in the eyes of normal people just like comic books or toys or clowns. You are just in denial of this fact so you avoid anything that looks too kiddy without looking at it from a true gamer's POV where the game is rated based on fun playing it. If you can't have fun playing a good game, but liked say the voice acting or the monster design or something like graphic engines and only value that one portion of the game, you are not a true gamer. You are tech geek or art critic who is better off reading books, watching movie or making VFX, not gaming. Too much focus on criticising non-gamey things is causing game companies to forget why people buy games. I will take one castlevania with no voice acting and no cutscenes and no QTE over one with those things in it but feels like it is trying too hard to be a movie or book or a Dragon's Lair arcade game clone. Yes games can be more than what they are (which is why we have Metal Gear, GTA, Uncharted, ME, bioshock etc which gives us more than what we are used to having) but it is not the only reason to buy things - if it isn't fun to play, the rest doesn't matter. It will be remembered by edge for pushing games into new areas, but not to the average guy on the street who wants a fun experience and isn't taking games seriously enough to care about tiny details. You don't go to a movie for just one thing like whether it is 'mature' or 'immature' so stop expecting it for games. You enjoyed star wars as a kid and can watch star wars as an adult. It doesn't "need" to mature or change just for you to please a narrow group of people. You all did this when nintendo announced Cel Shaded Link in wind waker and thought it was too kiddy for you. At the end of the day, the game was fun which is all you should give a fuck about.
I reckon Skyward Sword's controls were crap, because they were. tldr the rest.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Indeed, the last 2 Zelda's have been the worst of the series.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Apparently the load times are quite bad, 30 secs to load each mission, same again for entering buildings etc etc.

The fact that there is no option to do a full install just proves how far behind Nintendo really are.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It's quite sad actually that Nintendo couldn't give a toss anymore about building decent hardware specs. It's all about duct tape now. You just wait till Nintendo acquire 3M.