XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: Lego City Undercover - almost enough to make me want a W

Post by guttermouth »

Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Fuck that is weird seeing it written as "Duck" tape.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wii ... undercover" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty fair review.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Yoshi Sonic wrote:
GameHED wrote:Yeah it reminds me of people who reckon skyward sword's controls were crap just because they don't like gimmicks. Then people on youtube demonstrating how good it worked manage to dispell the myths with video evidence. Loads of people hate nintendo succeeding last gen and now blame them for killing MS by getting them to cater to the non-gamer market. lol They do not like toys or kids because the gaming elites see themselves as above young people. (agism - you see this all the time at older websites catering to old gamers who are tech conscious and want realism in everything)

Eurogamer is also guilty of mistakes too. RE 4 Wii review was horrible. Sometimes you just got to play the game firsthand before judging. Each person is different. I can see for instance why fat dudes would not like kinect features for skyrim because it might tire them. But it might be lots of fun for others. (using voice to switch weapons and moving your body to move the character so it is more intuitive) But people who hate motion sensing in general are always going to hate it by default of not liking gimmicks period, which is not fair.

I don't like QTE in my games (i think games like madworld were a bit over rated just because they are violent therefore more 'adult') but my friends do. I see them as breaking the natural flow while another guy see them as an advancement. (why? because it seems new to them? What's fun for them is not fun for me) Since QTE are popular in game like god of war developers feel they need to chuck them into everything which ruins the experience for us who like the old method. (castlevania 3ds is the latest to shoe-horn this in)

For all those who see themselves as adult gamers: videogames in general are kids entertainment in the eyes of normal people just like comic books or toys or clowns. You are just in denial of this fact so you avoid anything that looks too kiddy without looking at it from a true gamer's POV where the game is rated based on fun playing it. If you can't have fun playing a good game, but liked say the voice acting or the monster design or something like graphic engines and only value that one portion of the game, you are not a true gamer. You are tech geek or art critic who is better off reading books, watching movie or making VFX, not gaming. Too much focus on criticising non-gamey things is causing game companies to forget why people buy games. I will take one castlevania with no voice acting and no cutscenes and no QTE over one with those things in it but feels like it is trying too hard to be a movie or book or a Dragon's Lair arcade game clone. Yes games can be more than what they are (which is why we have Metal Gear, GTA, Uncharted, ME, bioshock etc which gives us more than what we are used to having) but it is not the only reason to buy things - if it isn't fun to play, the rest doesn't matter. It will be remembered by edge for pushing games into new areas, but not to the average guy on the street who wants a fun experience and isn't taking games seriously enough to care about tiny details. You don't go to a movie for just one thing like whether it is 'mature' or 'immature' so stop expecting it for games. You enjoyed star wars as a kid and can watch star wars as an adult. It doesn't "need" to mature or change just for you to please a narrow group of people. You all did this when nintendo announced Cel Shaded Link in wind waker and thought it was too kiddy for you. At the end of the day, the game was fun which is all you should give a fuck about.
I reckon Skyward Sword's controls were crap, because they were. tldr the rest.
I reckon they were great. Because it was.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

flipswitch wrote:It's quite sad actually that Nintendo couldn't give a toss anymore about building decent hardware specs. It's all about duct tape now. You just wait till Nintendo acquire 3M.
Most of their own games survive on gameplay not graphics. Why do PC gamers never complain about ugly WoW graphics? Or bethesda fans complain that Elder scrolls games look like crap (need fixing by mods) or have floaty physics?
Same deal with nintendo hardware. They will never make the most out of it.

I was playing animal crossing the other day on wii and it as if nothing was changed. But the next one will probably sell like crazy as do pokemo or mario games.

Hate them all you wish but if you already own two other expensive consoles why should nintendo compete with them? So you can play a multiplatform third party title which appears on pc MS and Sony simultaneously and looks almost identical to each other?

I would rather nintendo go the cheap route and survive (profit) on sales of software than impress me with realism in visuals. If you already own pc why the fuck would you care about a 3rd console that gives you a pc experience but with the nintendo label on it? Nintendo should focus on gaming you can play with the family and deep play mechaics. Not graphics.

If nintendo do what sony or MS do I don't think that means the games nintendo release will change much since they don't do violent realistic games. It's mostly pc gamers who want this because they are into mature themes in games. Compare the library of nintendo games to that of the others. Almost every single game on the other systems is a shooter or mature themed game. (as opposed to aimed at general audience)

As for online gaming nintendo are aware of this long ago (they are not "behind" anyone) but seem reluctant to care about it. interesting eurogamer article here on this
Regarding the Wii U's disappointing sales, Miyamoto isn't sweating yet. "I think that the Wii U still has a long future," he said. "We really view it as being the ideal device that families are going to want to have connected to that screen in the living room that everyone is going to gather around and watch. Certainly in the short term I would want to see it performing with probably a little more momentum. I think in the long term I'm not at a point where I'm concerned yet."
^the family doesn't go for adult only style games. Families can play couch multi still which was why the 4 controller ports of the older consoles (n64) was a big deal at the time. Ad notice "friend codes". Obviosly they don't want old men and strangers swearing at kids (and finding their addresses) but built in things to keep it family friendly. They know you exist just that they leave the adult/mature content to others. That doesn't mean adults can't enjoy it, but you are not their target. You were a kid once that liked fantasy and comic books, now you want "films". (but it costs you as these become less like true games and more like stories in interactive form with shallow game mechaics)

Apart from certain key titles like mario kart and smash bros online gaming is not a big deal. I was happy that titles like dragon's dogma or dark souls are still mostly single player experiences. It is not new to consoles. Some people actually prefer doing tasks themselves and are not social gamers or they don't want to deal with the issues like lag or swearing kids and annoying people wrecking the fun. Notice how in games like monster hunter you can't even trade rare items? This is because some people prefer playing the game using thier own skill, not buying it for real money like what you see today in many online games to encourage laziness. (this ruins the balance of games - rich guys can buy everything, poor guys with skill must earn their way)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Came out today. $64 at Big W with the lego figure. Too busy playing MH3 again to bother opening the box.

People who say there are no good games on wii u are so full of shit lol

You want quality? stop buying xbox 360 last gen shit.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Too busy playing the superior PC version of Bioshock Infinite.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

PCs hehe You mean xbox extra HD version. It's not a true pc game. They don't exist. It's a xbox 360 adaptation to pc to trick pc gamers into thinking they have games to play on it. Neither is x-com. And neither is skyrim or GTA5 (if that ever comes out - no announcement lol) Stop being in denial. PC = sloppy seconds platform.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... e-face-off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The extra clarity afforded by the PC version better represents the stylised artwork on offer, while smoother frame-rates certainly make the combat sequences so much more enjoyable to play, with more responsive controls delivering an extra dimension of precision needed in fast-paced shoot-outs. If you have the hardware capable of running the game smoothly, the PC version is the game to buy.
:suicide: EB|GameHED :suicide:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm in love with this game. The humour is right up my alley. Sure there aread times... it's just not enough to detract from the game.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I've put about five or so hours in, I'm finding there's not a lot of challenge but it's fun to play. Looks like there's a metric fuckton of shiny things to appease my inner magpie, and I appreciated that they took the piss out of progress bars in-game. The load times are pretty ridiculous but they don't come up often. I haven't really spent any serious amount of time with a Lego game since the first Star Wars trilogy so the style seems pretty fresh.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Luckily I held out, available on XBone/PS4/PC and some inferior handheld today.

PC version is $20 from CD Keys too, think the Xbone/PS4 is $69 at Target/Big W
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

This new one is a superior version to the wii u one which didn't allow co-op.

I wonder why they don't do a sequel to this?

Nintendo? Aren't you guys rich enough to get an exclusive on lego city undercover 2?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

pilonv1 wrote:Luckily I held out, available on XBone/PS4/PC and some inferior handheld today.
You're an idiot! :redface:

You can't even tell a graphical difference between the PS4 and Switch versions as seen in the below comparison video...(and of course with Switch, you can play the game with little to no loading time and also when you're out and about...and not be stuck at home glued to a TV or PC monitor like the other versions). :roll:
I also remember you were once also cumming over another Wii U game...that being Mario Kart 8. Well maybe if you bought yourself a Switch, you would be able to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (new and improved MK8 with 1080p/60fps, new tracks, new items, new characters, new vehicles, new game modes, etc) on Switch which is out in just 3 weeks... 8)

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I might get the superior PC version of Lego City Undercover and run it 4K 60fps.

So glad I wasn't fleeced out of $500 for a Switch :lol: