Master Race gaming thread

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Master Race gaming thread

Post by Candy Arse »

Let's kick things off with an old game :lol:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... ced-for-pc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Out 28th of February.

What are you guys playing on Master Race? I'm currently going through Tomb Raider, and I had no idea the game had become Uncharted. I've only actually raided one tomb so far! Game is still pretty good, but it seems to be Uncharted featuring Lara Croft.

Game looks nice though, got everything maxed out...nice hair.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: Master Race gaming thread

Post by guttermouth »

Wasn't the original Uncharted just Tomb Raider featuring Drake??

Original tomb raider <<clone uncharted <<clone new Tomb Raider.....sort of gone full circle....
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Uncharted felt more combat-focused to me, only with the occasional brain-dead puzzle.

In this new Tomb Raider you don't actually raid many tombs it seems!
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

I think most of the Tombs are hidden and are not part of the story. I think there is a Tomb in every level or different stage of the map, but yeah I know what you mean.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:Uncharted felt more combat-focused to me, only with the occasional brain-dead puzzle.

In this new Tomb Raider you don't actually raid many tombs it seems!
It's more like a wife beating simulator.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Have any of you chaps played Dishonored? That's next on my list
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Let's continue with a new game that just looks old.
This is a fantastic 1v1 multiplayer game. I had this running over the weekend on my living room TV for some great local multiplayer.
Also had this running. Big Picture Mode + Four wireless 360 controllers = :up:

Local multiplayer seems to be having a mini revival on PC of late. If you have the setup and more importantly the friends for it then it's a nice trend.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Candy Arse wrote:Have any of you chaps played Dishonored? That's next on my list
I've completed it. It's a pretty good game, I recommend it. It has some issues, especially later on, but that doesn't detract from the game too much I felt.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Wow that NIDHOGG game looks great.

As for Tomb Raider, well I've already detailed my love-hate relationship for this game. The love comes from the fact that it's actually a decent game, with a decent story line and combat. I enjoyed playing it. The hate is because it's loosely a Tomb Raider game. Combat has never been so good in a Tomb Raider, but there's far too much of it - probably to up the difficulty. Without so many enemies, the game is a walk in the park. Platforming is stupidly easy. I barely died from platforming and that in itself isn't Tomb Raider. That's because the controls have been dumbed down for the current generation. Walk over an edge and she just grabs onto it. Then there's the tombs... I loved the tombs because they were a great break from the game but they were far too easy to solve.

I suppose they can get away with all the non-Tomb Raiderisms because it's the story of how she became who she is, not her first raiding of a tomb. My opinion on this game flip flops all over the place, but overall I think it's a decent game that is tailor-made for today's gamer, not necessarily gamers of old. END RANT.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Currently playing Defiance, Metal Gear Rising, Red Faction Guerrilla. Loving Defiance atm picked it up for $5 in one of the steam sales!
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

The Hearthstone open beta is up today for anyone who cares.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Mememememe. I'm very interested in Hearthstone. One of my most wanted for 2014.

I don't really understand console style gaming on PC. Doesn't really appeal to me. PC gaming to me is MMO's, MOBAs, Civ, and RTS's. And other games that are more suited to KBAM, like XCom and Castlestorm.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Mememememe. I'm very interested in Hearthstone. One of my most wanted for 2014.

I don't really understand console style gaming on PC. Doesn't really appeal to me. PC gaming to me is MMO's, MOBAs, Civ, and RTS's. And other games that are more suited to KBAM, like XCom and Castlestorm.
Well PC gaming to me is higher res, 60FPS , cheaper games and a better overall experience. Don't get me wrong I will always buy console exclusive games but if its on PC with all the extra goodies, why even bother with it on console?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Yeah I'm happy that console-style games are moving to PC since I have no intention of buying any consoles this gen.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I've been playing.... Minecraft :lol:

Oh, and I bought Dungeon Keeper from GOG, because the Master Race is all about the backwards compatibility. :rock:
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Resident evil 4 hd edition is coming to steam very soon.
Well worth it for $20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3waXAcZibpI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Hmm I didn't think I would be saying this but I find it hard to justify RE4... again. I did it on Gamecube Wii and PS3 so far, I don't think there's really much reason to get it again, no new content just PC buffs of higher res and 60fps. It's just an enhanced port (barely) of an enhanced port.

Had to laugh at the warning... "contains scenes of high definition violence... In HD" !! :lol: it would be nice to have the game icon sitting there in my steam library though I guess. Maybe I'll change the picture of something I never play to RE4.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Mememememe. I'm very interested in Hearthstone. One of my most wanted for 2014.

That's in your head.

Now that you can turn your PC into a console complete with a 360 pad that spits out the best versions of games on any screen you want to send the picture to, I don't see why anyone who could afford to do it would willingly accept an inferior experience just because of the box it's running on.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ben wrote:Hmm I didn't think I would be saying this but I find it hard to justify RE4... again. I did it on Gamecube Wii and PS3 so far, I don't think there's really much reason to get it again, no new content just PC buffs of higher res and 60fps. It's just an enhanced port (barely) of an enhanced port.

Had to laugh at the warning... "contains scenes of high definition violence... In HD" !! :lol: it would be nice to have the game icon sitting there in my steam library though I guess. Maybe I'll change the picture of something I never play to RE4.
I think I'm ready to triple-dip on RE4, it's been a while since I've played through it....one more time won't hurt :lol:
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

I finally managed to get an SSD in my MRbox. 250gb Sammy Evo's had been in short supply until Monday.

So far I have installed Win 8.1 (dat extra 2fps) and some stuff.

Now to get Steam to see my full library on the big disc and I can start moving (to the SSD) a few games that can benefit from fast load times.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The first time you boot up Windows on an SSD...massive erection!
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Oh for sure!

Happily been SSD for work and my Surface Pro 2 but never bothered with my Gaming PC. Once it was booted I didn't care...

It took picking up a cheap Win8 Pro licence to splash out on the SSD.
1. Why upgrade the HDD and then re install Win7?
2. Why buy expensive Win8 and put it on the old HDD?

Moons needed to be aligned to make me go all in. Fucking around with working PC's for the sake of it is just not a done thing these days!!

I'm guessing fighting games and other pick up and play games will get best bang out of being on the SSD? Any long haul single player stuff that streams into memory not such a big deal...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I think you'll find games like Skyrim that stream a lot of stuff off the HDD will be of more benefit running off the SSD.

/non-expert opinion
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Wrong term, May bad. Anything requiring raw streaming speed would be better on SSD (though I have not recently run into a game that has hitched due to hdd speeds).

I probably meant stuff that loads up and plays out of RAM/VRam but has load times between sections or backgroad loading could stay on a HDD

E.g things where a bit of loading isn't going to matter if I am sitting down for the long haul.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

I was completely with you on this about ten years ago, when my monitor was a 17" CRT, controller support was an absolute clusterfuck, the UI was frustrating, and console games didn't often get a PC release.

Today, however, is a different story. To play a "console" game, I hit Win+P to activate second screen (46" LED TV), open Steam, then hit the 360 controller's guide button to launch big picture mode. Then I relax on the couch and play almost anything I could play on 360/PS3.