GET EXCITED - World Cup 2018, now with even more corruption!

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

GET EXCITED - World Cup 2018, now with even more corruption!

Post by DjBigK »

I don't care if no-one follows the Premier League, or likes soccer, or speaks bad spanish. This is the thread in which I will come to talk to myself about the going ons in the English Premier League. Season 2006/2007 kicks off on the 19th of August.

In the lead up to the Premier League season, there will be lots of gossip revolving mainly around player transfers.

<tumbleweed>

..... Register in the El asunto oficial del Premiero League Games Ranch Fantasy Competition - Rancho Relaxo Liga at http://fantasy.premierleague.com

League Code: 287021-50142

.. More details on page 5

Also joing the tipping comp thanks to Texas as below.. more info on page 7!

You are invited to join my EPL 2006/07 Tipping Competition at http://www.OzTips.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

===================================================================
Comp Name: Games Ranch EPL Tipping Comp
Comp #: 80310
Comp Password: zizou_headbutt
===================================================================

To join:

1) Go to http://www.OzTips.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2) From the 'Home' page, click "I'm new and I want to Tip" and register a new Login for the site (or, if you are already registered with OzTips, Login).

3) Click "I want to join a Tipping Comp" on the 'Home' page, or "Join a Tipping Comp" on the 'Tipping' page.

4) Enter the Comp # and Comp Password details above.

5) That's it! Full instructions on how to Tip can be found on the 'Help' pages.
Last edited by DjBigK on 12 Jun 2014 11:08 am, edited 69 times in total.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

I don't follow it but there's no better time to start than now.

I will read you talking to yourself and learn much over the coming months.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Ooh! My first reply. Come in, make yourself at home.

TKIOT - Newcastle had better hurry up and sign some players quick-smart. The rumour I heard about them picking up Dean Windass (quite the unfortunate name) better be nthing more than a cruel and untrue rumour, or else.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

since i got foxtel recently and have enjoyed watching the world cup, i'm gonna make an effort to try and catch some premier league, i think quite a few people are in the same boat, with our recent world cup triumph.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Awesome. It's a great league to watch (plus there's quite a few Aussies plying their trade there). The games aren't on that late when you consider they're mainly on during the weekend for us here.

If you are yet to choose a team to support, I recommend you choose Newcastle United. A much better, and more rewarding option than supporting one of the huge clubs (Liverpool, Arsenal, Manure, Chel$ki).
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

I am interested in keeping an eye on it as well. Last year I decided to pick a fairly crappy team to "support" in Blackburn. Though it looks like Neill may be leaving soon
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

I really hope that they can hang on to Lucas Neill, because I don't want to see him leave the premier league. I think honestly it is the league that he is best suited to (though he is capable of playing in any league).

Brett Emerton also plays for Blackburn... hopefully after seeing how well he played in the World Cup they will start giving him more time on the pitch. Unfortunately for him, M Gamst-Pedersen is on-fire, and is a similar player to Emerton. There was also some rumours that Emerton was going to leave Blackburn.

Blackburn have already lost Craig Bellamy this off-season... he was one of their best players this last season.

I know they have offered Neill a new contract. Hopefully he accepts it!
Grimey

Post by Grimey »

Well thats good to hear. My mate goes for them and I managed to pick up a cheap knock off rovers shirt in Thailand for $3. So I figured I'd keep an eye on them
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Grimey wrote:Well thats good to hear. My mate goes for them and I managed to pick up a cheap knock off rovers shirt in Thailand for $3. So I figured I'd keep an eye on them
With all that money invested, I can understand why! :D
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Saturday night simulcasts over XBL of premier league games are occasionally partaken by Chaos and myself. It would be good to get a few more involved if possible. I'd say Liverpool in response to being asked which team I follow, but its more of a keen interest rather than fanatical support.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Juzbuffa wrote:Saturday night simulcasts over XBL of premier league games are occasionally partaken by Chaos and myself. It would be good to get a few more involved if possible. I'd say Liverpool in response to being asked which team I follow, but its more of a keen interest rather than fanatical support.
Sounds good... If I get X-Box live again anytime soon I'm up for that.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

:up: Yep ... serious EPL addict here as well!!

Man U for second place!!!! (No one is going to beat Chelsea with the World All-stars team they have now :( )
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

... though I don't know how Lampard and Ballack will combine in the midfield.

Will be interesting to see how Shevchenko goes against English defenders.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Toon in talks with Beckham
FORMER England captain David Beckham has held secret talks with Newcastle United about a possible return to English Premier League football, the Daily Mail reported today.

The UK newspaper illustrated its three-page report with separate photographs of Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd and Real Madrid midfield player Beckham's wife Victoria emerging from the upmarket Claridges hotel, where the meeting was reportedly held.

England captain Beckham, 31, was said to have been smuggled out of a different exit.

No indication was given about exactly when the talks took place.

But the Mail claimed the northeast English club was keen to attract a big name star to St James' Park as England striker Michael Owen is likely to be out for up to a year with an injury sustained in the World Cup match with Sweden.

The Magpies were also keen for another iconic player after another former England captain, and local boy, Alan Shearer retired at the end of last season, it added.
Quoted from Foxsports.com.au

Interesting. Newcastle don't really need a right winger though, they have Solano, and now that Milner's loan spell at Villa has ended, they also have him. In addition Dyer when fit can play on the right. Beckham would definately be a shirt seller though, and would raise the profile of the club.

To be honest though I think it has buckleys chance of actually happening.

Thoughts?
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Does much of this get broadcast on FTA TV?

I have a good setup for recording TV now so if it does I should be able to follow the games atleast and converse about them, but I havn't got a fanatical interest in the players..

If this was Tennis I'd be all over it :P
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Unfortunately none of it gets broadcast on FTA in Australia.

SBS used to have the rigths to show the highlights/wrap up show each week, however they lost the rights to that in the latest Foxtel deal with the Premier League.

Pretty much it is Foxtel, or nil when it comes to the premier league.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

sux2bme.

Maybe there are questionable sites I could download from that nobody here would know about and never PM me about?
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Sonic Jam wrote:sux2bme.

Maybe there are questionable sites I could download from that nobody here would know about and never PM me about?
Maybe there is.

Later.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I don't really follow the Premier League but if I had to say which team I support it would be Manchester United but after the events of the World Cup if they don't get rid of that dickhead Cristiano Ronaldo I'll be choosing a new team to support.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

A wrap up of some of the Premiership news currently doing the rounds....

Portsmouth interesting in signing 31 year old defender Sol Campbell, who is leaving the Gunners, saying that he wants a new challenge. Turkish Club Fenerbahce also interested. He is most likely to go abroad according to Arsene Wenger, so it's unlikely that he'll sign with a premiership club.

Cisse is very close to going to Marseille on a 1 year loan.

Real Madrid could be interesting in the signing of Ruud Van Nistelrooj. Bayern Munich have also expressed interest.

Huth to have medical before completing the deal with Middlesbrough.

Everton and Reading are apparently monitoring Luke Wilkshire (his contract is up at Bristol City), and may potentially move for him. A few Dutch clubs are also interested.

C. Ronaldo is bugger all chance of playing for Manchester United, with Real Madrid a possible destination.

Middlesbrough are interested in signing French forward Sidney Govou. French Club Lyon are apparently willing to let him move on. Manchester City, Fulham, Rangers and Valencia are also interested.

Fulham have signed some 20 year old defender from Zaire and Leyton Orient - Gabriel Zakuani.

Ghanan captain and Fenerbahce midfielder Stephen Appiah wants to move to Arsenal.

Cesc Fabregas has come out saying that he is content at Arsenal, and is an "Arsenal player 100%". He does say that at one stage he would like to play in his homeland again, but at 19 years old he has plenty of time left for that.

Bolton have missed out on the signing of Liverpool's Dietmar Hamann with Manchester City now looking like a likely destination for the midfielder. The 32 year old is definately leaving Liverpool after failing to hold down a first team position.

Aston Villa and Birmingham have apparently both joined the 'race' to sign Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Charlton are leading the race with Jimmy set to have a medical at the club on Monday. There are rumours that Bent may be leaving Charlton.

Czech Republic forward Milan Baros apparently wants to leave Aston Villa (although Chairman Doug Ellis says otherwise). Hamburg are interested in signing him.

Newcastle United manager Glen Roeder will give former Manchester United holding midfielder Nicky Butt a second chance with the club. He will most likely play in Newcastle United's Intertoto Cup showdown with Norweigan Club Lillestrom. Spanish forward Albert Luque will also feature.

Glen Roeder has also noted that potential signings will be watching Newcastle's progress in the Intertoto Cup. If they defeat Lillestrom in a home-and-away two leg round they will qualify for the EUFA Cup. The prospect of European football will make Newcastle a more attractive prospect to foreign players.

Alan Shearer, whilst in Germany as a pundit for BBC, was also performing some scouting for Newcastle, and reported back positively on German Striker Miroslav Klose. Klose is thought to have a 6 million pound clause in his contract that will allow him to leave Werder Bremen.

The France Under 20 striker Garra Dembele has apparently not been offered a contract with Newcastle United after he had a brief trial run with them.

23 year old Frenchmen Frank Ribery has dropped hints that he wishes to move to Arsenal. The Marseille player has previously intimated that he wished to leave his club with Lyon a possible destination.

Liverpool signing 20 year old Argentine defender Gabriel Paletta says he is not afraid of coming to the premiership, and is looking forward to the challenge.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

So Ronaldo's definitely gone from Man U? Oh well ... he rarely scores anyway.

At least we'll have Heinze back at full fitness, we missed him something fierce last season ... my favourite Man U player by far!!!
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

It's not certain. I'm sure Sir Turd Ferguson will try to keep him at the club. He is a wonderful player, but a pathetic over-acting piece of arrogant trash at the same time.

I don't think he would find himself very welcome at the club with any of the English players, in particular Mr. Testicular Wayne 'bust a nut' Rooney.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Dietmar Hamann has signed with Manchester City, after Bolton thought they had secured the services of the former Liverpool midfielder.

Charlton have signed Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink ona free-transfer ending the speculation about where the Dutch forward will be playing this season.

Czech Milan Baros is unlikely to join Hamburg as speculated, as the German clubs valuation of the forward did not meet that of Aston Villa.was described by Aston Villa chariman Doug Ellis as "unacceptable".

Marco Materazi apparently called Zidane "the son of a terrorist whore" according to top forensic lip readers.

Liverpool's Chris Kirkland has signed a 6-month loan deal with Wigan, with view to a permanent move. The goal keeper was told by manager Rafael Benitez that his days at Anfield were over.

The Blackburn Rovers are still in the hunt for striker Mido, revealing their interest in the Egyptian who returned to Roma after an indifferent loan spell with Tottenham in the premiership last season.

Nicky Butt is determined to prove his critics wrong as he attempts to revive his Newcastle United career.

French defender Jean-Alain Boumsoung is apparently a signing target for Monaco. Marseille are also rumoured to have expressed interest in the Boumsong, who spent the entire World Cup on the bench.

Real Madrid have began a chase to sign Italian defender Fabio Cannavaro from Juventus. (Not premier league but interesting)

Real Betis have rejected two bids from Portsmouth for striker Edu.

Wigan have entered a bid for Dutch midfielder Denny Landzaart.

Chelsea's new signing Salomon Kalou has been granted his British work permit.

Reports are that there may be some problem with the transfer of german defender Robert Huth to Middlesbrough.

West Ham midfielder Yossi Benayoun has been linked with a possible move to Liverpool.

Charlton Athletic Chairman Richard Murray has insisted that Darren Bent will stay with the club.

Fulham are closing in on the signing of Swedish forward Bjorn Runstrom.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez says that Dutch midfielder Boudewijn Zenden will have a key role to play in the team this year. Zenden is expected to be used in central midfield in the place of the departing Dietmar Hamann. He is Zenden out an SOS.

Rovers manager Mark Hughes will give world cup stars Lucas Neill and Brett Emerton until the end of July before having the duo return to training for their club.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Damn ... is Man U getting anyone? I'm still shitty we missed out on Ballack ... we needed him bad. :(

I read in the paper this morning that Didier Deschamps will be coaching Juventus probably in Serie B as Juve's coach has fled to Real Madrid.

Materazzi is a dead-set cunt if that's the truth. Is the Italian Soccer team the worse sport in International Sport? I'd venture to say they are, they're shit if they lose and shit if they win ... I also read they had a hearse carrying a coffin with the French Flag draped over it as part of the national celebrations for their World Cup win. :down:
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Yeah the Italians are dirty and unlikeable. Some of them are very good though.

I'm sure Manchester will feature in the market very shortly. Most likely they first want to sort out their personnel issues with Ruud and Ronaldo. They should be looking at bringing in a new striker as well as picking up a good defensive midfielder.