Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

So … Warframe? (PC/PS4)

Post by Twit »

Any of you lot given it much of a bash?

I just did the first mission solo to see what it’s like and it seemed reasonably fun, if a bit confusing at first. I gather it’s meant for 4 player co-op versus environment, yeah? I’m wondering if it’s worth getting into or if it shoves too much pay to win at you or anything.

Also, can it still be reasonably playable solo or do you really need to team up to get anywhere? Anyone here get on it much? Why do the characters look like condoms?

Huh?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: So … Warframe? (PC/PS4)

Post by Cletus »

I think I noticed a pop up of Talez playing it via Steam. I think Talez is in the U.S.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Condoms :lol:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Is that you Joey? :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Cunts?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Profit

Looking into it now.

It might be a bit too cool for me.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Anything further on this? After looking into I'd be up for a crack. Interesting art direction.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Mate kept telling me how good this game was so I downloaded it on the PS4 and gave it a bash with him. After 2 hours I was bored, running around corridors that looked the same along with the jaring framrate I was over it. I won't be back.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yeah I keep giving this game a go and I get bored, all the levels look the same, the combat is just pedestrian, didn't really feel like a badass space ninja, plus looking at the upgrade prices reminds why I couldn't be fucked investing more time into it.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

I got bored with it too. It's interesting but not enough to keep me coming back.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Holy shit Warframe is going more open world now:
In case you guys didn't know, Warframe has changed dramatically since it was initially released in terms of content. (almost to the point where people who played it early on and play it today are saying it's like a completely different game now) Warframe is agreed to be superior Destiny clone and beat destiny in fun.

Why don't Zenimax just buy these guys like they did with ID Software? (they can help them world build)

And for those old comments that say you don't feel like a ninja, you do in recent version. This game is just going to keep getting better and better.

I think the guys behind this should make worlds as nice to explore as the world in Xenoblade on Wii U. (give us giant monsters to kill. Also give us a mecha that can transform to deal with groups of bosses at once) ...and put Bioboster Guyver as an easter egg in the game already. We all know you ripped off that anime.
Related:
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Pretty awesome how far they've taken this game.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

eurogamer does an appreciation article about Warframe:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... d-business" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And it's all free. Making it superior to Splatoon 2.

Jasper needs to understand this is what I was thinking of for a Federation Force type game on Switch. ie free to play, has procedurally-generated abandoned ships you can board and abandoned bases and ancient alien ruins you can wander around in for grinding, but you have mechas, super ninjas in powered armor, and mutant/monsters/automated defenses to take down (think of PSO on dreamcast but fast paced) as you explore.
When you get into your ship, it turns into a No Man's Sky affair of flying around manually and getting into dogfights with rival space pirates or mercenaries or cops who want to chase you like GTA games.

And now that this is going open world, it will be even cooler. Xenoblade level of freedom to roam around and wall-run and flip around in. The whole Bounty Hunter theme of Metroid titles fits in perfectly with Diablo-style F2P experience of reaching the treasure before other bounty hunters get to it and receive the reward. And the exploration and traps inside ruins adds a sense of adventure to the experience. Nintendo clone this fucking game using Metroid and figure out why its so popular on steam.

It is time they had their own Phantasy Star Online/Destiny clone. They got the COD game (splatoon), Forza (Mario Kart), Elder Scrolls (Zelda Breath of the Wild) but no F2P loot game yet. And how long has borderlands been around? Fucking slow I tell you. Assemble a team to make open world Warframe game, and copy the business model of these guys. (keep it free but give options to "pay to progress quicker" using money for the guy with busy lifestyle)

The reason I say use Metroid as the base, is because in the Metroid games you always jump around from platform to platform and need skill to maneuver through dangers while finding shit to make you powerful in the original games. And it is a surprise to me they never thought of making this kind of game yet. I think a game like this would be arguably more popular than Splatoon which is just focused on Multi. This game I have in mind called "Metroid Bounty Hunter sim" can be great solo online game for those who are lone wolf online gamers. (ie they like to play stuff like Monster Hunter, solo every boss creature themselves with no help, yet like that they are still connected to servers to hang around others to see what they are getting up to or occasionally assist noobs if they need to as a way to keep the community active by teaching them the ropes) If nintendo was smart they could make a lot of money selling amiibos of the various powered suits of the alien races to unlock supplies to encourage people to keep playing. New amiibo could give your guy exclusive custom paintjobs and decals or something to allow you to look unique from others.

Unlike Warframe, the overall look and feel of Metroid Bounty Hunter sim, would be one that is a lot more dystopian with biological weapons having much more nightmarish appearance than normal Metroid games in that much like the monster in John Carpenter's "The Thing" they can morph into different shapes over time to adapt to changing environment (ie if you freeze them a lot, they will develop a form that is more resistant to cold as they multiply future generation for instance. Eventually you need stronger freeze to get the same effect or switch weapon types to exploit new weaknesses introduce into new generations of enemy in order to encourage players to vary their playstyles to get the quickest grinding results or at least explore as much of the map as they can to get the best value out of their level of power. (grinding stops being boring if the levels change a lot like minecraft)

Microsoft has Minecraft so nintendo need a thing that can rival what they have. Metroid F2P procedurally generated shooter/hack n slash hybrid would be the answer. (no matter how poor you are the game is designed to let you play and over time it pays itself off through skins, customisation options etc which you can purchase)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

"Warframe's big open-world expansion is out next week on PC "

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... week-on-pc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good to hear the game is finally allowing open environments like Zelda Breath of the Wild. The next big update will hopefully let us explore the galaxy like Elite soon. :lol: The game has so much content it wouldn't surprise me if that becomes true. Only thing left for them after that is the ability to add stripper poles in the ship.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Totalbiscuit does an impression vid for the new open world addittion to Warframe:
Nintendo really needs a loot based shooter on Switch like this.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Angry Joe shows giant monster encounter:
Interview about the latest add on::

The next update will probably be controlling a giant robot or EVA unit to fight the monsters. Similar to EDF. How can you have giant monsters without the giant robots to purchase to fight them?

Can't wait for this stuff to reach consoles! Looks like a lot of destiny 2 players have moved on to warframe judging by the sudden influx of noobs
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

New environments looks good. Tempted to download this and give it a go but i) time sink and ii) no GR love.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

You can pay shekels to advance. But I wish these guys worked for nintendo and made a metroid Prime Hunters series over this. Replace warframes with bounty hunters in powered armour and give the player a ship like No Man's Sky. You drop down by you physically flying there and you can enter vehicles like Halo and mechs like Xenoblade chronicles X.

What the game feel like is BobaFett simulator. The trash mobs are like the Bosses in Megaman X, the local alien animals are like the monsters in monster hunter, and the wanted person is like overpowered version of yourself with predictable attack patterns who must be figured out like a puzzle. IE like Zelda bosses. When you have to compete with rival bounty hunters going after the same target, you can either work together to take down the target, or betray each other like in Soul Sacrifice and sacrifice friendship for the money/loot they drop. (so there would be PvP during encounter with the target. This would mean a 3 way fight like in Halo game. While all three are fighting there are base defenses trying to attack everyone to maintain security. Think of them like cops interfering in a gang war in saint's row. When the target dies the loot lets you craft the weapon/suit to upgrade yourself. Like a smash bros game it would look chaotic because of all the interactions between groups (including the monsters that eat anything in thier territory) but it's all part of the player managing his resourses, time, and choosing his current target carefully so everything works in his favour. IE like 4 player bomberman game.

They need big money to make something like that without it being grindy and repetitive which is what all ftp games end up being. I want xenoblades x environments, bioweapon sub enemies that can act as buddy bot that follow you like the pawns in dragon's dogma if you reprogram them, creatures from EDF games that respawn until you kill thier nest/queen/eggs (like the monster generators in gauntlet) and co-op betrayal dynamic when chasing targets. Each mission would be like an episode of Outlaw Star or Cowboy Bebop with constant worry of getting looted or interupted or played by rogues exploiting you to complete thier objectives whilst preventing you from playing them. All money is in-game and you can buy robot workers to farm resources for you or you can fish/mine/hunt yourself to pass the time but it's not a requirement! :P
If you explore uninhabited areas you can generate maps and name the places. Then build a shack or temp base. Then sell it once you built it up. Fallout 4 let you build the settlements but you never felt it was really yours like the house in animal crossing. They'll have to wait for bethesda's Starfield game for more ideas to rip from.

And lastly.._ procedurally generated cities* for planets that have trading so you can visit the place, land on the planet, and see buildings and wander around in them like you would in a futiristic flea market. These cities later get hand crafted in updates when the developers have time to spend on making them non-procedural based on how many people vote on developing it into a human-crafted landmark on the galactic map. The current version that is procudurall generated is placeholder for basic functions for you to do there. (ie accept fetch quests, buy upgrades, sell loot, talk to people in bars about the place, play recreational minigames, look at billboard for work, meet up with friends in one location etc shop for vanity items to look unique (or even make your own clothes and sell it in stores to other players for in-game money.)

*star citizen has them. Daggerfall had them ages ago and there were roughly 10 000 of these which is ridiculous number. Much of it you'd never get time to see. Imagine visiting everyone's minecraft world?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Wow Warframe just keeps getting better:
Hoverboards FFS. Just like the guy in Tekkaman. lol