Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by Rorschach »

I really wanted to like the Xbone and see it succeed but it was an underpowered mess from the get go. I still think that had they simply released an Xbox 720 1080p 60fps box that put games first then MS could have really stuck if to Sony after the mediocre gen they had with the PS3. Generation far from over but hard to see MS gaining traction again.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The only reason I know Xbone is underpowered is because I keep getting told so. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the same game on either platform most of the time.

GTAV on Xbone looks much the same as it does on my quite a bit more powerful pc.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Best price I could find on Quantum Break is in Big W latest catalogue, $78.

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:Except I'm not trolling.

Objectively speaking you're absolutely right - it's an option for those without a gaming PC and it comes down to personal preference of exclusives.

From the perspective of anyone with a gaming PC is there seriously a reason to own one? Forza is coming to PC and I'll bet Halo will too.

Mind you I DO overlook the part about those without a gaming PC because I don't care about it, like most people I tend to post from a personal perspective. I found in the previous gen it was still essential to own a PS360 arrangement despite having a ninja PC. Now the XBONE is completely redundant and the PS4 is probably not too far behind it, except for some fucking reason EA continue to haphazardly release games on PC...and games not on PC. If games like Madden and UFC were also on PC, the PS4 would be going out the door with the XBONE.
I don't doubt you believe that, Rocco believed his own shit too. Shit, even I believe that the Xbox is becoming increasingly redundant with their new push to rejoin the PC scene. But Rocco would go down the same trolling avenues over and over again, we knew his stance, we know yours, it doesn't apply to everyone and your refusal to acknowledge that because it's not your personal circumstance is as annoying as Rocco.
You'll live. If you're getting your money's worth out of your XBONE buy then that's seriously great - game on buddy.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

By "game on", do you mean count pixels and frames and then compare them to machines that cost 4-5 times more?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

:lol: :fight: :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I just got an Elite controller. I haven't even played a game with it yet, and I can tell it's the best controller I've ever used.

...although for $200, I'm a bit disappointed that they can throw in a braided USB cable but not a rechargeable battery :(
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

...but it's completely unusable on Windows 10 build 14316, along with a normal 'bone pad. GG, MS.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

unfnknblvbl wrote:I just got an Elite controller. I haven't even played a game with it yet, and I can tell it's the best controller I've ever used.

...although for $200, I'm a bit disappointed that they can throw in a braided USB cable but not a rechargeable battery :(
The braided cable has no little led built in to tell you when you're charging or when you're fully charged, which the standard charge'n play cable does have. That was the only thing I found disappointing. So much so that I've kept using the old charge cable.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Best controller ever!
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Rorschach wrote:I really wanted to like the Xbone and see it succeed but it was an underpowered mess from the get go. I still think that had they simply released an Xbox 720 1080p 60fps box that put games first then MS could have really stuck if to Sony after the mediocre gen they had with the PS3. Generation far from over but hard to see MS gaining traction again.
The power of the console simply has nothing to do with why it's not doing as well as the ps4. Sony have had a clear and concise message from the get go. Microsoft kept changing policies which was the opposite to what they did during the 360 era. Hence people jumping off.
If power was a reason for people to buy, the original Xbox would've smashed the ps2 and the wii would've failed miserably against the PS3/360. And don't get me started on handhelds...

Whoever above mentioned pixel count/resolution is so true. I've got a ps4 and xbone. Fucked it I can tell the difference between gta5, metro series, batman ak, metal gear 5 etc... I don't care what anyone says. Unless they're fucking geniuses the difference between the console, if not pointed out by digital foundry, would be near impossible to tell for the average gamer and especially for the turds on Neogaf.
Last edited by Vince on 12 Apr 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Vince wrote:Whoever above mentioned pixel count/resolution is so true. I've got a ps4 and xbone. Fucked it I can tell the difference between gta5, metro series, batman ak, metal gear 5 etc... I don't care what anyone says. Unless they're fucking geniuses the difference between the console, if not pointed out by digital foundry, would be near impossible to tell for the average gamer and especially for the turds on Neogaf.
Hear hear.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Some people CAN see the difference. I went from XBONE to PS4 to PC with Ground Zeroes and the difference was dramatic and I could see it on my TV and monitor, no need to visit Digital Foundry for that one. Getting over 2x the framerate in GTA5 on PC vs PS4...yep could see that easily too.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Nah, it's all about the shading/lighting/textures ;)
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Candy Arse wrote:Some people CAN see the difference. I went from XBONE to PS4 to PC with Ground Zeroes and the difference was dramatic and I could see it on my TV and monitor, no need to visit Digital Foundry for that one. Getting over 2x the framerate in GTA5 on PC vs PS4...yep could see that easily too.
Now therein lies the difference- PC obliterates these consoles but that wasn't what I was talking about. There is a clear difference between 30 and 60+ fps, but 900p vs 1080p is very hard to spot. Fuck, even digital foundry missed it first go on their look at The Division. If somebody hadn't pointed it out to me, I'd have sworn that Batman Arkham Knight on Xbone was 1080p like the PS4 version. I can't see a fucking difference. Maybe if they were side by side and I had a good, hard look. Honestly though, is that what we play games for? Well I should say, we never used to do that...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well in that case I think you're pretty much on the mark, but internet trolling etc
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Vince wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:Some people CAN see the difference. I went from XBONE to PS4 to PC with Ground Zeroes and the difference was dramatic and I could see it on my TV and monitor, no need to visit Digital Foundry for that one. Getting over 2x the framerate in GTA5 on PC vs PS4...yep could see that easily too.
Now therein lies the difference- PC obliterates these consoles but that wasn't what I was talking about. There is a clear difference between 30 and 60+ fps, but 900p vs 1080p is very hard to spot. Fuck, even digital foundry missed it first go on their look at The Division. If somebody hadn't pointed it out to me, I'd have sworn that Batman Arkham Knight on Xbone was 1080p like the PS4 version. I can't see a fucking difference. Maybe if they were side by side and I had a good, hard look. Honestly though, is that what we play games for? Well I should say, we never used to do that...
I agree, the difference between 30fps and 60fps very easy to spot, the difference between 900p and 1080p on a TV is hard to spot and I think it depends on your TV. Plasma for what ever reason have always looked better with sub native res content, LCDs though tend to want native resolution to deliver the crispness you expect.

At the end of the day though, we should be at 1080p standard in the year 2016, MS were stupid to put such weak hardware in, Sony had better foresight but still they needed more grunt imo, this is why we're already looking at mid cycle refreshes.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Some people CAN see the difference. I went from XBONE to PS4 to PC with Ground Zeroes and the difference was dramatic and I could see it on my TV and monitor.
That's an obvious difference though going from the Xbones 720 resolution to PS4s 1080. Vince is talking about shit like Killzones so called 1080p that was more like 1066p or something stupid and other subtle resolution changes. Lestat the pixel counter can tell you all about them.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

If I were paying a grand or close to it just for a top end video card, I'd expect to play games at a very high visual quality and considering I'd be able to buy 2 xbones with change for the same price, the quality level that comes out of the current consoles is probably not going to bother the majority for the price point. To put it into more how a lot of people look at it:

Ninja PC that will last the generation at run games at full display abilities
$3 - 3.5k (remembering we are building to future proof it) otherwise you can go less but you'll have to upgrade so will cost more $ anyway
$650 around that for middle range decent 4k monitor 27 inch. Considering everyone on the shitty xbone will be on a 50inch+ screen these days

In contrast someone who buys an xbox, hopes devs pick up the game quality and push out better and better games as the gen rolls on and are comfortable with not having the absolute best graphics\framerates, they could have for the same money:
1 xbox
about 50 games bought at retail at around $70 (so more than likely they could own even more games)

or
1 xbox
1 ps4
20 or so games on each.

Now most people won't ever buy 50 games in the consoles lifetime, so the argument to me is moot. The people who must have the best of the best can spend the cash like you have candy to get it or others like myself who prefer to game from the lounge on the big TV, the slight improvements are not enough to warrant me to spend the cash.

The only gaming I do on my PC are games that don't suit console for me like RTS or retro, so I'm just saying this so it's not like it's you have to do one or the other and it's not even an affordability problem, the payoff just isn't enough imo.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

It's now easy/accessible to put your high end PC games up on the lounge room TV and control with a pad so if your household permits dropping big $$ on videogames and you prefer couch gaming I'd still go high end PC for an unhindered experience.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Definitely.

But comparing a PC to a console is like whining about someone's Commodore Executive when you've got a HSV. The HSV makes no sense to some people.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Madmya wrote:Definitely.

But comparing a PC to a console is like whining about someone's Commodore Executive when you've got a HSV. The HSV makes no sense to some people.
Exactly this.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Madmya wrote:Definitely.

Those people come across as tossers.

Oh wait... :lol:
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Comes down to the console exclusive games. If you want to play Halo, Uncharted, Mario etc. there's only one place to play them.

If you're more interested in multi platform games then PC is a valid choice.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:It's now easy/accessible to put your high end PC games up on the lounge room TV and control with a pad so if your household permits dropping big $$ on videogames and you prefer couch gaming I'd still go high end PC for an unhindered experience.
This. Using the "I prefer to play on the couch" line is no longer valid.

I know because I used to use it myself. Those days are well gone.

The "simplicity" and "not spending big" are the lines I'd be using now.