Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Re: Retro gaming

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

Flipswitch, are you able to get MAME working on the MaxPie, and see if you can get Mat Mania, Twin Cobra, Raidan, Double Dragon and Street Fighter 1 & 2 to work on it (yes, I'm really beginning to show my age hehehe).

Also, Super Mario 64 and Legends of Zelda Ocarina of Time for the N64.

If the above works then everything else are bonuses :)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

SM64 and OOT work.

I'm having trouble getting the MAME games to even show up. There's a few MAME named folders, I put the files (games) in them, restarted but they're not showing up. Obviously I'm doing someone wrong. I'll have a look around the net and see what I can do,

Edit. Seems that I have to put the zip. folder in the MAME directory instead of extracting the files.

Now the emu is showing up with the games, but none are running. Screen goes black then goes back to MAME.

I got the roms from coolrom. I must be doing something wrong.

edit 2:

So there's a number of different MAME emulator folders, got Mat mania running, but can't get the controls to work.
You need to check this website to see which are compatible with what MAME emu.
https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/mame" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

street fighter working in one of the mame emu folders, but same issue, controls not working.

I need to look more into this.

I just checked the 8000+ list of MAME games on MaxPie. You shouldn't have to worry, they should all work if he's including the MAME roms with it, and it will be configured properly. You can always ask him too.
K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

Hi mate, thank you for the post... I'm about to buy this MaxPie thingy now, it will be like gaming heaven for me :)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Nice. Post your impressions when you get a chance to.

Just played a bunch of old SMS titles I played as a kid. I'm speechless.You're going to love this thing.
Yoshi Sonic

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

Downloaded and installed Castlevania : Symphony of the Night and can report that PS1 emulation works well on a Retropie once you set the resolution (and hence game speed) to 720x576 a 50Hz.

The sound was skipping at 60Hz resolutions.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Mine is set to 640x480p 4:3. I had no issues with the sound.

I somehow screwed up the navigation controls on retropie menu, analog sticks won't work when scrolling around, but the dpad works.

Analog sticks still working in games which is a relief.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

retro game Odin Sphere (ps2 era title) getting HD release:
looking forward to getting this on vita. I hope these guys make a dragon's crown sequel. Love HD sprites. Especially the big titted sorceror. Why can't more shit like this exist in modern day instead of the love affair the indie developers have with 8 bit shit that looks like a commodore 64 or sega master system game? (not bashing shovel knight graphics or anything but it's kinda getting old - no pun intended)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Recently got a galaxy tab s2 for the kids, it works really well as a mame tablet. The 4:3 aspect is perfect for scaling and with a 64gb sd card I can load up a full .139 rom set. Need to find some Bluetooth controllers but the kids are loving it, the big kid loves it too. :up:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Just ordered one of these of ebay, see how I'll go.

http://www.ipega.hk/index.php?option=co ... =4&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Raspberry Pi 3 launches.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbe ... 3-on-sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'In celebration of our fourth birthday, we thought it would be fun to release something new. Accordingly, Raspberry Pi 3 is now on sale for $35 (the same price as the existing Raspberry Pi 2), featuring:

A 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU (~10x the performance of Raspberry Pi 1)
Integrated 802.11n wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1
Complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1 and 2'
emptyvessel
XBL ID: emptyvessel79
PSN ID: emptyvessel79
Steam ID: emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

Anyone else collecting the original retro consoles and games (apart from Candy)?

I've been concentrating on boxed SNES stuff recently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Beautiful! Actually looks like I'm seeing my own setup hahaha
Yoshi Sonic

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

I'm always on the look out but I'm not down with contemporary pricing.

Playstation and Xbox bundles I've found cheaply at car boot markets lately.

Get whatever costs $5-20 I reckon. Sit on it for a couple of decades and gloat @gipsters.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457610356.460456.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Yoshi Sonic wrote:
Get whatever costs $5-20 I reckon. Sit on it for a couple of decades and gloat @gipsters.
I picked up an original black and white GB unboxed with 4 Pokemon games loose and an official GB printer cable boxed for $20 in a garage sale and sold the lot separately for a total of $200. Badabing badaboom.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Heh back in the early 00's my local Video Ezy was clearing out all their N64 stuff for $5 each. Grabbed a few decent bargains, but noticed a Mum with a handful of games, including Paper Mario(!). Thought fuck it, went up to her and said in the nicest way possible I really wanted that game, been looking for it for ages etc etc. She replied "oh my kids would love it" and wouldn't budge. So I told her I'll give her $20 for it. I think she thought I was crazy as she hadn't actually bought it yet but she accepted!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

So $20 is the price she places on something her children would love!
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Then her children can have 5 things they love instead of one thing. Good economic rationalism by that mum.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I'm sure I've regaled everyone with this story before, but way back when I'd just finished the first week of my first job, I went on a massive gaming spending spree. I hit up all of the old Video Ezy/Civic/etc rental places in my area and just asked if they were interested in selling their old NES/SNES/SMS/MD stuff. Scored a ludicrous haul of good shit. Being ex-rentals they weren't in the sort of condition you'd want as a serious collector, but I just wanted the games in working order.

At one of the Civics, the manager agreed on a price of $2 per cart. I got to one of the shiny gold NES Zelda games, and she was all "Oooh, we actually still rent that one occasionally, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask a bit more for that...". Heart sunk. "Is $5 ok?". Acted disappointed and reluctant but agreed to her harsh terms. It was a glorious week.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

"Rent it occasionally"? and asks for $3 more? lol. Must've rented it once a year. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

That story again, Gamma? ...jesus.

Only joshin'..I've never heard it before.
emptyvessel
XBL ID: emptyvessel79
PSN ID: emptyvessel79
Steam ID: emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

I had some fantastic hauls from trash and treasure markets and Cashies around a decade ago. Within two weeks I think I got a set of SNES games that are now worth over a grand, all from the Coburg trash and treasure market.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I saw a mint copy of Sega Saturn Guardian Heroes complete in box with instructions for $50 a few months ago in Surfers. Didn't grab it though.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Just received 4 sets of RGB JP-21 cables for my retro consoles.

The Sega Saturn and Neo Geo AES in particular looks absolutely GLORIOUS when hooked up to a Framemeister on a modern LCD TV.

I'd go so far and say it's even better than the CRT. It's that's fucking good.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/04/unknow ... -playable/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unknown Neo Geo fighting game found.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Oh man, you'd feel like Indiana Jones of the gaming world finding that.

THIS BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!