TV Shows

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Re: TV Shows

Post by Mavy »

I actually think the recent seasons have been weaker without him. They needed that father/Wise man figure and Derek being new to that himself was a refreshing take. Scott seems to keep flipping between all powerful alpha and convenient powerless novice.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Completely agree.. Scott seems to become conveniently fucking useless when it suits. As an alpha he has been very lame in recent seasons..

I like what they have done with Lydia.. even if they ramped up her martial arts skills a bit too.. I mean WAY TOO FUCKING quickly. I think I saw her perform a flying arm bar one episode. Yay.. but wtf?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Ep 301 of The Flash titled "Flashpoint".

Excellent :D
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Looks like Mr Robot is back soon. Awesome.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

TV Shows

Post by Rorschach »

Not too soon, sad to see Penny Dreadful finished. Mr Robot was a cracking new series last year. Looking for to it and Halt and Catch Fire as well
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Just watched the last episode of Penny Dreadful. What a fantastic series. Only 3 seasons long but it had a defined beginning, middle and end. Third season was the best, well worth binge watching now its done
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Preacher is my favourite new show of the year I think.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

People should check out Letterkenny. Going in with zero knowledge is better.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Finished watching the new Voltron series on Netflix. Not bad. It's very different from the original which is both good and bad. The humour is good most of the time. The cliffhanger ending was a bit abrupt. I probably wouldn't even call it a cliffhanger more like unfinished really. Hopefully there'll be another series. Shame everything on Netflix is like Game of Thrones. Short with long waits in between.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Finished season 1 of Letterkenny. It's crazy good. Can't wait for S2 this summer.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

GreyWizzard wrote:People should check out Letterkenny. Going in with zero knowledge is better.
:up:

The girlfriend showed me this out of no where and we were pissing ourselves and missing jokes.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Stranger Things. New show released on Netflix. It's set in the early 80's in a small American town. It really does feel like a throwback to the 80's Spielberg and Joe Dante films. Even The Goonies! Needless to say the show is simply fantastic! Binge watched it all last night through to today and I loved it. It's 8 episodes long at about 40-50 mins per episode. Music is obviously retro synth. Acting is uniformly excellent. Just an all round excellent show. Highly recommended.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Forged in Fire S3 has started. 3 eps so far. Will Willis' hair is even more beautiful this season.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I have no idea where to get it now... :(

Perhaps someone awesome will pm me to point me in the right direction.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Pirate bay
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

t0mby wrote:Just started Deadwood the other day with the missus. Seems good so far, up to Ep 3. Was there only three seasons? Did it bomb or was it wrapped up well?
Did you finish it? What did you think if you did? I still regard this show as the best tv show ever made.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Loved Deadwood, wish it had gotten a fourth season or a movie to tie off the storylines in season 3. Well worth watching, if only for the shit Al says.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Cletus wrote:
t0mby wrote:Just started Deadwood the other day with the missus. Seems good so far, up to Ep 3. Was there only three seasons? Did it bomb or was it wrapped up well?
Did you finish it? What did you think if you did? I still regard this show as the best tv show ever made.
Didn't quite finish it, got part way through Season 3 and then stopped. Guess because I knew it was ending a bit prematurely based on others opinions.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Started watching Frequency, story of a woman that communicates with her father 20 yrs in the past to the day. She tries to change the past that ends up having different consequences. It's kind of a Butterfly Effect type of story where old memories are replaced by new ones that aren't entirely positive.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

And I just found out it's based on the movie of the same name released in 2000 starring Dennis Quaid.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

WESTWORLD

Holy shit, awesome. Nods to the original Westworld movie, Red Dead Redemption, Spaghetti Westerns and of course, Deadwood. Anthony Hopkins is ace...I thought he'd be a bit too much for a tv series, but I was wrong. Hopefully they know exactly where they're taking this one and it doesn't turn into Lost.

Listen to the Pianola...it's generally something awesome like Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden or several excellent songs from Radiohead (swoon). I've been doing a bit of "research" and there are some very interesting theories going around that seem quite plausible.

This one interests me most...it may be a spoiler so read on at your own risk, although it is only a theory at this stage.
Spoiler!
We are watching several timelines at once. Dolores and Bill's adventure is happening in the past. It's a flashback. The Man in Black is actually Bill in the present. Bernard is created in the image of Dr Ford's partner who "died".
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Been waiting for someone to mention Westworld. It's been great so far.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The only negative is all the nudity and the orgies.

Just kiddin'. Nudity and orgies are awesome.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. Four shows, one big story. It was pretty much a movie. I really enjoyed it. Took me a few clicks to get the order right although luckily I started with Supergirl earlier in the week. Just to save anyone the trouble, go in the order I've listed them in. Great fun. Seeing Dig spew his guts up after being "flashed" from another location was pretty funny stuff. I feel like this was the first real pay off for watching all of the DC shows. A few times I've been tempted to ditch Legends.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Anyone been watching Line of Duty? First two seasons are on Netflix, it's an English cop drama about some undercover officers in the Anti Corruption division. I'd unknowingly started watching season 3 while in London earlier in the year but only saw a few eps before I left and had forgotten about it till I saw in on NF.

The show takes all sorts of twists and turns that you don't see coming with each season being one story but also the seasons also tie in with one another. After watching it it's no surprise to learn that the show is the highest ranked current series in a list of the best cop shows of all time.

Definitely worth a watch.
Last edited by t0mby on 05 Dec 2016 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.