Nioh

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Nioh

Post by Rorschach »

Intended to buy a physical copy of this but everywhere I went was sold out, can't remember the last time that happened to a PS4 game. Bit the bullet and bought the digital version, wouldn't normally but only a $5 premium over the physical copy and now have the NBN to help out. Yet to play, out at work this week so plenty of time to play this and finish Yakuza 0. Looking forward to posting impressions of this.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Nioh

Post by t0mby »

Very tempted to get this but I'm physical only so I'll see if it's around locally. This game has been getting some really good reviews, could be the Ninja Gaiden of this gen by the sounds of it.

Twisted Elf should be all over this!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

You'd think so wouldn't you? And I have been tempted.
But, I've read that it is more SoulsBorne than Ninja Gaiden. That scared me off.

Also Horizon/Zelda in just over two weeks, and Battleborn and Project Cars (XBL GWG today) to keep me busy in the meanwhile, I'll let Nioh slide to the side.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Ninja Gaiden was Soulsborne before Soulsborne was a thing. ;)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Rorschach wrote:Intended to buy a physical copy of this but everywhere I went was sold out, can't remember the last time that happened to a PS4 game. Bit the bullet and bought the digital version, wouldn't normally but only a $5 premium over the physical copy and now have the NBN to help out. Yet to play, out at work this week so plenty of time to play this and finish Yakuza 0. Looking forward to posting impressions of this.
I did the exact same thing- every store I went to was sold out so I spent the $5 extra and got the digital copy. Game is great. Super, super hard but so satisfying to pass an area that will kill you dozens of times! In that respect it reminds me of the dark souls/bloodborne series. Really enjoying it so far but again, it's so fucking hard!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I fired this up last night just to see how it ran. Liking it, Demon Souls vibe. The movement of the game is the best part though, so much more agile than a Souls game.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Are you choosing the 60fps option? I think I'm going with that but I haven't bought it yet. Need a BIG W catalog somehow.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yeah, 60fps all the way. I couldn't handle 30fps in a game like this. Even with the detail dialed down a notch it still looks good.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Well, stock is back in at JB but they bumped the price to $89. Console pricing sucks big time, cheapest now is digital.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

I am interested in purchasing but no way in hell will I spend $89. Will probably wait a few months and pick it up on the cheap.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

The combat is good. Wish elder scrolls games had combat that was like the dark souls and bloodborne games.

I can't buy my copy yet because I didn't see it in stock but I ended up getting tales of Berseria instead.

If you guys see cheap physical copy LMK. Saving up for Zelda BOTW. (GOTY 2017 for sure for finally embracing more open and less linear gameplay - something final fantasy 15 struggles with despite taking 10 years to make)

My bet is this get ported to pc at some point. (this is probably a sony timed exlcusive I reckon)

If you want this on PC get off your arse and whine like crazy to get it ported:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/petition-t ... es-3450534" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The PlayStation 4 exclusive Nioh released yesterday and has been met with some pretty stellar reviews. Unfortunately, since the game is a PS4 exclusive, only PlayStation gamers have been able to get in on the action, but the PC gaming community is looking to change that.

A petition to bring Nioh to PC has surfaced and before it gets brushed off as another Change.org petition (which it is), these PC petitions sometimes pay off. Currently, the petition is sitting at 5,000 supporters.

In 2012 a petition aimed at Namco Bandai requested that Dark Souls, which at the time was available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, get released on PC. The petition received quite a bit of attention, enough attention for the game's publisher, Namco Bandai, to comment on it. Dark Souls released on the PC nearly a year after release and saw a nice increase in sales.

The 'Bring Nioh to PC' petition isn't simply citing previous petitions, but the success of console exclusive heading to PC. Back in 2015, Capcom released the previously console exclusive Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on PC. The game went on to be one of Capcom's fastest selling PC games.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Haven't bought a copy and yet posting impressions? FFS
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

This is on sale at the moment on the PSN store, $54.95. More than worth it.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Yep was just about to post it. I'm am countless hours in, just beaten the Frog boss guy and I am currently level 78 I think, need to get to about 110 I reckon to be able to finish this judging by my quick check of a Nioh wiki. They do have the look and feel of Japanese temples and mansions down pat if anyone's ever visited one which makes me like the game more.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Now I will pick it up.