Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by t0mby »

Switch only needs another 59,500,000 console sales to catch Sony, clearly Sony are in panic mode!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Sony will bury the Switch with quality releases. The PS4 is having one of the best years of any generation to date. Nioh, Yakazu 0, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata and soon Persona 5. And that's only the first four months. Switch has one decent game with a bunch of shovelware, re-releases and indie games that have been on every other platform. Its disappointing because I was really looking forward to the Switch.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Let's be honest, Nintendo crushes all when it comes to exclusives. It's the lack of third party titles which will kill the Switch, like the Wii U.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Personal taste for me. I love Zelda games but I haven't really enjoyed any of the Mario games since they went 3D. Last one I really liked was Yoshi's Island on the SNES.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Mario Galaxy was fantastic but the waggle controls worked against it. MUCH better on PC with a real gamepad.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Let's be honest, Nintendo crushes all when it comes to exclusives. It's the lack of third party titles which will kill the Switch, like the Wii U.
What the Switch needs is a port of all the Elder Scrolls games games on 1 cartridge. That'd be fucking scary.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just killed my first Sabertooth which felt surprisingly easy on the hardest difficulty. We'll see how this works out later with larger battles and some of the even larger Zoids.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Completed the Proving tonight. My progress is going really slow as I can only allocate an hour or so per day and sadly this makes my backlog grow. But aside from that I'm enjoying it so far, currently at level 8 and upgrading all the Stealth options so far and even bought my first set if armour, some stealthy one that cost 200 shards ± two Watcher parts. Hopefully this will do me for awhile till I discover some of the more rarer pieces.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Such a great game. Just past you Tomby, whole map has opened up and I can control small robots.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

flipswitch wrote:Image
I just finished a session of Zelda and then I get online and see this, the difference is...drastic.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I love my ultra settings PC gaming but this is an awesome looking game. Makes me wish I had a PS4 Pro.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:
flipswitch wrote:Image
I just finished a session of Zelda and then I get online and see this, the difference is...drastic.
Which shows the power of consoles when coders of competence actually make good use of the hardware. Zelda BOTW was made for a Wii U hardware so you can't expect that level of graphical detail. However I bet if you look back at the gameplay, you will probably prefer Zelda. Just my bet.

Too many legit reviewers giving it 10 is too much evidence that this game is the superior one. Not to take anything away from Horizon but nintendo have had a long time to think about how to evolve the franchise from "simon says" into a true adventure with puzzles to solve and places to explore in order to power up and defeat the final boss. Horizon probably has the better story and characters. This brings up the question of whether nintendo should allow a third party company to handle a zelda game using more mature and adult themes. (ie get platinum to do an open world zelda. Didn't they have experience with Okami under the older company name?)

Will buy this after Torment. Don't want to make boomy think I am a non-supporter of small companies. This game already beat Zelda in the charts in uk didn't it?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... hise-debut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from now on you can stop bashing underpowered consoles and clap once in a while that the developers can achieve pretty worlds with limited resources. (it happened during the n64 days when people said you couldn't make epic rpg style games because cartridges were too smal. And then along came Zelda OOT. lol A game that kicked Final Fantasy 7's butt by showing you a true 3D world you can actually explore in, around, under and over, which you couldn't do with final fantasy 7's city which was just a prerendered image pasted onto the screen as a flat 2d picture and static backgrounds with no life in them. This proved Square made the wrong choice crossing nintendo and betraying them and going with the sony platform. Nintendo fans are not fanboys. They know what gameplay improving features are vs pretty effects which have no impact on the immersion and can see why Edge gives them 10s all the time for flagship titles)

closed platforms >>>> open platforms (gabe is jealous of console exclusive stuff since it can't be put on steam)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Will buy this after Torment. Don't want to make boomy think I am a non-supporter of small companies.
1. No one thinks this. You are a non-supporter of small companies.

2. Why are you offering an opinion about a game you don't own? Again.

3. For all of your talk of how much you love closed system games how many games have you bought this year? Still haven't seen any impressions of Yakuza 0 or Nioh. Do you even own a copy of Zelda as well? Just so much written diarrhoea.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Rorschach wrote:Such a great game. Just past you Tomby, whole map has opened up and I can control small robots.
Despite playing for another hour last night, the map still hasn't opened up but I can sense it is imminent. Just ran into the brother at the gate (which isn't a spoiler) and been given a side quest which I'll probably do because ocd.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Oh yeah, I got my own horsey too. Goodbye fast travel.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Why are y'all still talking about this game? :? :?

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Better looking, more to do, a decent story line and a controller that works.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Or if you're lucky to own both, you've got two great titles. Love switching between them.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:Why are y'all still talking about this game? :? :?
You're right, we should be discussing spectacular features like dead pixels.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Rorschach wrote:Sony will bury the Switch with quality releases. The PS4 is having one of the best years of any generation to date. Nioh, Yakazu 0, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata and soon Persona 5. And that's only the first four months. Switch has one decent game with a bunch of shovelware, re-releases and indie games that have been on every other platform. Its disappointing because I was really looking forward to the Switch.
It's just been released. Give it more than a week! I remember the PS4 launch wasn't filled with quality exclusives. In fact this is the first year we've had a slew of great exclusives for PS4! Give Nintendo some credit for trying to mix 2 different worlds (handheld and home console) in one unit. It's a ballsy move. Yes, the 3rd parties aren't fully onboard but hopefully in time they will be. It's a killer unit that, as a handheld unit is amazing. As a console severely underpowered but if Nintendo can deliver some amazing games like they have on previous handhelds, the Switch could be something special.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

More a response to Jasper's Nintendo jingoism. Funny thing is, I love the Nintendo of old. The SNES still remains my favourite console of any era, just too many great games and fun times with friends. Before the Switch launched I was excited about the form factor and new games coming out for it, still am. I will definitely pick one up at some point if only to experience Zelda first hand. I doubt it will be the perfect game fanboy reviewers are making it out to be but I know it will be special.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Went to some weird looking icon on the map and ended up inside this massive Cauldron. Had a great battle with the boss, my toughest yet but easy once you work out a strategy. Currently lvl 12 with 14% completion.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Rorschach wrote:
Will buy this after Torment. Don't want to make boomy think I am a non-supporter of small companies.
1. No one thinks this. You are a non-supporter of small companies.

2. Why are you offering an opinion about a game you don't own? Again.

3. For all of your talk of how much you love closed system games how many games have you bought this year? Still haven't seen any impressions of Yakuza 0 or Nioh. Do you even own a copy of Zelda as well? Just so much written diarrhoea.
1. I disagree.

2. I Why do you care? I thought you guys ignore posts you don't like? Oh I forgot you read them. lol

3. All the ones I like.

List of games I bought recently:
Yakuza 0
Tales of Berseria
Zelda BOTW
Killing Floor 2
Dues Ex Mankind Divided
Dishonered 2
Trails of Cold Steel II
Witcher 3 GOTY
Skyrim Special Edition
Titanfall 2

The games I bought are full price except for Dishonored and Titanfall 2 because they were on the sale.

I love games period. But you got to support developers that make quality stuff. otherwise they end up rushing them to the shelf and feel unfinished. When you play as many games as I do, you notice small things that annoy you and can point out flaws. It may not matter to YOU but if you follow a series for a long time, you can't help pointing stuff out. (eg all the dumbing down of system in Elder Scrolls games to appeal to a wider audience which eventually have to be modded back in again)

I have been researching Nier Automata and find information from fans about the game and plan to buy this game. But I have many other games that I want to play first. Missed this game last gen and because platinum is involved I have interest in it but have heard it's not as good as Bayonetta but since it's an RPG it's bigger game.

Will I buy Horizon? Yes but right now I am playing Zelda BOTW but I like to hear other people's opinions about the game because its a new franchise unlike say far cry or assassins creed or mario or other titles where you know what to expect. Unlike Candy I don't see a need to troll all the time.

He thinks that just because games look like shit they are not 10 out of 10. But games like Dark Souls and Zelda have ugly graphics but they compensate for the visuals by being fun. And this is the problem I have with guys like you and Candy. You don't understand that if someone disagrees with your opinions doesn't mean your opinion or thier opinion is wrong. It's just different tastes. I personally don't care for the final fantasy games for instance, but I can recognises why people think they are good because they don't use boring settings and the story and characters always change and try new stuff. (unlike dragon quest which is stuck with cartoony manga style)

Horizon is an open world title and as an open world game fan, I follow information about these games. I'm a big fan of Far Cry.
I didn't think this game would be that good but it's probably the best looking title out of the three games. (zelda, Horizon, Nier Automata)

If I had to choose only 1, I would probably go with zelda because I like nintendo game designs. There is only so much time to play games. I am too busy talking shit about witcher 3 on the boards to play them all at once. Not my fault so many games come out at the same bloody time. I still haven't had time to play Trico yet.

Try not to take posts so seriously and have fun. Just because I shit on pc and Witcher 3 it doesn't mean I think these are shit titles. I just like to see fans triggered by criticising them. People scrutinised games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout games pointing out all the flaws of the games and that is because they were passionate. Older Fallout fans feel like the games lost the depth of the traditional ones. And Elder Scrolls although they feel much more next gen, have become more kiddy over the recent years. Don't worry about whether they bought or rented or returned or pirated the game. Actually care if their criticisms are valid and then ask yourself if these flaws can be fixed for the next game.

Remember Horse Armor? And when people got angry that it was a rip off? The negative criticism result in change so that any DLC they make had to be high quality stuff. If you don't play these games in-depth like we fans do, you probably don't care and see i as a bunch of whiners or people trolling. But the critics know what they like and when they don't get it they can choose to leave until the fixes are finally put in. (it is healthy for the industry to have people complain about the valid flaws of titles so people are at least informed about what they are getting before they buy. Not all places have refunds. And if these guys are there to warn you about stuff like No Man's Sky then let them talks as much as they need to, because not everyone has time to play all games that are coming out. BTW this game finally got DLC added to it and the team is listening to the critics now to add more to the game)

If Horizon didn't come out at the same time as Zelda I would be playing it right now. Still got to decide if I buy this or Nier Automata. (Probably will be the console version to show support for the closeed platform gang)
What do you recommend? Should I get Horizon or Nier? Platinum to me need the money more imo. Will get that first. I have seen youtube vid where you can self destruct and blow the main character's skirt off and continue to play the game with her running around with her bare butt showing. Maybe this will give anita sarkesian something to talk about and attempt a ban on all platinum games in future?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

It's refreshing having GameHED on ignore. Don't have to read his tripe anymore