Nier Automata (PS4/PC)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Nier Automata (PS4/PC)

Post by Rorschach »

No dedicated thread for this game that I can see. Releases tonight on PS4 digital, tomorrow for everywhere else. PC version is dropping next week on the 17th which is an odd way to stagger the release. Getting great reviews - 89 on Metacritic at the moment for the PS4 version. Wanted to get the PS4 version but simply too expensive $99.95 for the digital/EB versions, $89 at JB Hifi. PC looks to be the definitive experience. There is a special deal for Australians at the moment, if you order through the Australian Square-Enix online store you can get it for $59.99AUD, cheaper than the Steam store front and the major key re-sellers like Greenmangaming, Kinguin and CDKeys.
Last edited by Rorschach on 09 Mar 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Nier Automata (PS4/PC)

Post by Candy Arse »

Will grab the superior PC version.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Plays awesome. Platinum is back. Forget Ninja Turtles ever existed. Their heart is in making original IP not licensed stuff. (except transformers).

Will purchase the peasant version to keep the consoles from dying off. (open platforms are going to kill bug-free experiences)

Not as good as Zelda which runs at 20fps on Wii U though.

Proving that lower framerate = better game. Candy is full of shit.

Nintendo should give these guys a moneyhat to create a sequel to Dino Planet on the Switch. Don't call it star fox adventures. Just take the old characters that Rare originally planned to be in the game and make a good adventure game out of it.

edit: hopefully this game doesn't sell like shit like Bayonetta on Wii U. It's a multiplatform title now so it has that going for it.
Last edited by GameHED on 09 Mar 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

You won't buy this

Again offering comments about games he doesn't own

Looking forward to playing the superior PC version. Platinum Games best since Bayonetta by all accounts
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

No I won't back a kickstarter that's already reached it goal. But yeah I will buy if the game is good and doesn't feel like a unfinished game. Developers must learn to polish shit like Blizzard or Nintendo and stop becoming typical PC developers by waiting until AFTER the game is out to patch. I fear this game might sell like shit because people are dumb and just buy ubisoft/activision/EA titles and ignore anything else. The big publishing giants are just making sequels to old shit.

reviews are all positive:
Hopefully feminists who claim to be gamers buy it too now that there is no reason to rate it down due to oversexualised imagery of females. If it fails to sell to "your little 12 yr old daughter" we can go back to normal of having big titted chics in their undies and their clothes fall off when they get battle damaged so 12-year old boys can buy it instead. (which is where all the money is and has been since the beginning of time for this stuff)
Last edited by GameHED on 09 Mar 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Blizzard is a typical PC developer you Muppet. You need to get your meds checked
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

This is great, I can't see any of the shit that GameHED posts.

Nier at 4K 60fps here I come!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

As long as PC gamers don't pirate this I am happy. These guys were already dicked around by MS for cancelling Scalebound. They got to put food on the table or they are doomed just like back when they were called clover.

Blizzard isn't typical PC developer. They have console games like Overwatch now that they are activision which makes decisions based on how much money is made on a platform and userbase.

They go for cartoony graphics like console games and don't aim for hyper realisim anymore like back in the diablo 1 days.
You'll notice that blizzard actually polishes their games. They are an exception to the rule that says pc developers make buggy games on release. Console traditionally doesn't allow this (but its changing as console are dragged down to the level of pc standard of quality which is a bad thing)

A select few developers like CDP Red polish their games. You stop being typical pc developers when you actually care if the game is balanced on launch. That's because there is more freedom on pc. But too much freedom also means bad stuff gets a pass because pc gamers do not care as much about bugs as say the average japanese gamer who isn't used to seeing crashes in finished products. (but the games they make seem very stagnant due to resistence to change)

I am a fan of the idea that if a game is buggy then they should delay it until it works. Not make us pay full price and then patch later. I think getting a game early is outweighed by the fun of a balanced game with no glitches or bugs. This kind of thing can hurt your metacritic score so it is in the best interests of developers to avoid this anyway. But it is tolerated by fanboys and the result is games being unfinished and needing ginormous patches on release. No thanks. I like the way nintendo does it. :P :up: I don't want to be your free bug tester. You should pay me for playing your game if you know it is shit.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Nonsense. Blizzard is the quintessential PC developer that also happens to do decent console ports. They are constantly patching their games on PC, something you say you hate. Overwatch a console game? That statement alone shows how ignorant you are. The Witcher 3 also got a shit load of patches post release on PC and console as well. Anyway, I'm out, back on the ignore list you go because you're a broken record of misinformation and ignorance :)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Not true. Blizzard is turning into a console developer just like the once PC-only Bethesda. And you know it :P hehe
The transformation is making you angry. Hopefully Nier gets a Switch port one day too. Wouldn't it be cool to play this on the bus?

As consoles evolve things like text adventures and point and click interfaces can be done easily using the waggle pointer controls. If Blizzard were smart they could take advantage of these controls instead of assume everyone wants to use a mouse on a desk. Aiming in games using motion sensing or pointing you could argue is better than mouse pointing in some titles. And steering in games using tilt sensor is genuinely good now as substitute for dedicated wheel.
Loads of genres you can do on consoles these days. 90s are over mate. The "kiddy" systems have matured and grown bigger than PC and pc gamers can't bully them anymore.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I really enjoyed the PS4 demo of this, it was a nice surprise. Gameplay really shines. Read a review of the final game and it was sounding great... then they dropped the "open world" bomb (of course the reviewer considered this to be a good thing without question), and I'm back on the fence. Hopefully that's not synonymous with bullshit filler, being 100+ hours long for the sheer sake of it, or having to retain a lot of information between sessions. Very much still keen to check it out, but I'm happy to wait a little while.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Lore summary about the batshit insane backstory for noobs and PC gamers still waiting for the sloppy seconds treatment :P:
In a nutshell: more confusing than MGS.

The giant mech boss is amazing. Who do you think would win in a fight between him and Devastator if the two robots met each other in a super robot wars game?

I think if Devastator could merge with all the other combiner wars transformers and together form an even bigger combiner robot by docking with each other (similar to the two space carreirs docking with the SDF-1 to form the arms of the robot in Macross) it would be an even match.

Something about this world reminds me of Black Magic M66.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Magic_%28manga%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maybe because the androids have white hair and move like ninja
Last edited by GameHED on 10 Mar 2017 03:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I think it's less of an open world like Witcher or Zelda, more like a typical JRPG open world which is generally a lot of window dressing surrounding a pathway. Looking forward to it, definitely worth a go at $60. Or just find someone on Steam willing to Family share and get it for free.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Yep, I definitely got those vibes from the demo- looks like you can poke around a bit of you want to, but the game has ample structure to it, you're not going long periods without action, and certainly aren't trudging around at snails pace. Would probably bite at $60 but I'll have to get the PS4 version so I might hold off for a little while and focus on the back catalogue. Love the visual style in this, it makes me want to fire up Ikaruga again.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I love the visual style too.
As soon as I get this game I am going to use the self destruct move:
:up:
The feminists cant complain about "armor being impractical" this time. Because she is a robot. :P Just like the naked character in Ghost in the shell whose skin is optic camo so she has to strip to go into stealth mode. *raises middle finger to SJWs* :thefinger:

If your daughter (after being brainwashed by a feminist) asks why is she almost naked, you just explain that it's not a human. Clothes on robot is not even practical as it doesn't serve a function. The feminist has no defence against that. Like the tentacles that are shaped like dicks in Urotsokidoji lol Yes you can censor a cock, but the tentacle isn't a cock but a tentacle that is shaped like one. Two different things..)

I salute the team for not giving into these idiots. Unlike EA/bioware trying to pander to the minority all the time for a quick boost in brownie points in hopes it gets them positive publicity. Chickenshits... Never give into the bully or he will continue to bully even more seeing that you are not going to fight back.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Managed to play the first 2 hours of the game - definitely feels like a Platinum game. Love the music and boss battles in it. Not particularly well optimised yet (hard locked 60fps) but the option to change resolution is awesome. Another fantastic game. Definitely the year of PC/PS4.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Every year is the year of PC. Best gaming platform there is :up:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Port report is out (don't bother with keyboard and mouse. Use a controller to survive on harder modes.
Not a brilliant port but decent enough.

Will pirate pc edition by logging into Candy Arse pirate server farm run out of russia and china, but buy console one. Can't allow PC to kill off the peasants. Not a fan of buggy messes.. lol

Morgan Freeman Narrates Nier Automata:
:lol:

related:
Last edited by GameHED on 20 Mar 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Not sure what he just posted, more nonsense no doubt. Doesn't even own the game :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

How I'm not buying the pc version but the console version. Closed platforms 4 life! Show platinum who the real fans of the games are by voting with your dollars: Console peasants, not the PC elitists who always shit on console games and then beg console game makers to port their titles to pc all the bloody time and then whine about how shit the graphics are despite the age of console hardware :P)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Rorschach wrote:Not sure what he just posted, more nonsense no doubt. Doesn't even own the game :lol:
Yep it's great no more CrackHED insanity :lol:
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Candy Arse wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Not sure what he just posted, more nonsense no doubt. Doesn't even own the game :lol:
Can I ask- how does one block certain members posts here?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gd41YB9mAc&t=29s

Youtube won't embed for some reason - Jim calls Nier the most important game of the generation, maybe ever. Inclined to agree.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Vince wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:
Can I ask- how does one block certain members posts here?
In the control panel - Friends and Foes.

It will change your life.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

wtf? Why is this not on xbox? fucking BIGOTS