Horizon Zero Dawn

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by GameHED »

Please stop destroying TE's thread with "PC iz da best verzhun!11!11" crap and concentrate on talking about the game which proves console cgames can look bloody good in the hands of people who know what they are doing. Closed platforms rule.

BTW forgot to mention I didn't include Dragon Quest 7 and Dragon Quest 8 on my list. 3DS still kicks butt.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Bliss.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

That doesn't mean you won't put me on unignore eventually. Everyone that has said they put me on ignore always takes it off again. It's a trick to make people in the board think you don't care what other people say about you when you are trying to filter them out. The overriding need to know what other guys are saying about you eventually takes over and you remove the ignore function. Trust me I have studied this for a long time.

The reasons why is because the boards are not active enough so people get bored not having anyone to talk to. If the place was a lot more active then it might be a different story because there is too much information, so filtering can help. But here most of the posters pretend to ignore to get attention. It's reverse psychology. They want people to think that they are apathetic and don't give a shit about the opinion of the oppsing person but showing people that you are ignoring is an attention seeking act. PC gamers tend to do this shit a lot. But us console gamers are too busy playing awesome games to notice the act.

Notice how you demand that I talk about games I own and play on the boards to prove my street cred? Why would I do this when I am busy actually playing the games? I would rather play the game and not type about it. That's the job of the guy who wants to post news of a game that has yet to come out. Once it comes out, it is better to play it, otherwise people accuse you of spoiling the story.

The Zelda BOTW getting 10s from every game critic really hit you PC tards hard I see....The fact that WE the console community get to play nier automata before the fat ugly pc community must have been the straw that broke the camel's dicksack and now you are so bored you have to attack the peaceful console gaming threads. This is why we need to seperate PC from console forum discussion imo. Nobody cares about how you get to play pirated roms of nintendo games on pc. We are too busy paying for the games and keeping developers fed so they can make sequels you idiot. (I heard they had like 300 people making content for 4 years to make this masterpiece. Show some appreciation by not stealing it)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Rorschach wrote:Image

Bliss.
How good is it? No more random uninformed psychobabble :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

It doesn't work. You follow me into threads that I go into. The forum knows this. Because of the timing of the posts you make. Iv'e tested for it. If I shit on Valve, Witcher 3 (your fave game ever made), or anything that involved steam being shit....automatically out of nowhere you have to be there. You are too predictable buddy. You are the HAL9000 AI in the ship. No way do you actually ignore posts. No fucking way. You want the ship to be under total control and you can't do this unless you listen in. Stupid robot ship. :D
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Incidentally, loved the first 4 hours. Been side-tracked of late playing Wildlands but if this isn't one of the best releases of the generation. I predict 2017 will be one of the greatest years in gaming ever. Mainly favouring the PS4 at the moment but the rest of the year is looking awesome.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Once I finish Zelda I'm going straight to this. Love what I've played so far.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Playing anyway - this game is GREAT
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Since you got a pro, playing in 4K or downsampling?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I wish the day/night cycle lasted a bit longer, it's evident how quick it is by the transition from one to the other. Hunting at night is awesome, especially when the moon starts rising.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Going by the title, I'm surprised there's a transition at all.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

t0mby wrote:I wish the day/night cycle lasted a bit longer, it's evident how quick it is by the transition from one to the other. Hunting at night is awesome, especially when the moon starts rising.
The whole weather system/day night transition is really bizarre. It changes from sunny skies to clouds and rain in a matter of seconds.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Maybe there is something wring with the Earth's weather system in the future.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

This game has me hook line and sinker. I am only level 6 and just finished the scrapper event at the beginning but it's such an awesome game I can wander for hours trying to get all the side quests done.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep this game is fucking BRILLIANT.

Comparisons to Zelda don't make too much sense apart from open-worlds - this game is a lot more like Witcher 3.

Best looking console game I've ever seen as well, hell of a job by Guerilla.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

HALT! Candy:
Not everyone agrees. Yes its the best looking ps4 game.

But some people reckon the AI on humans is shit. So I thought I would post a negative review so you don't automatically give it GOTY 2017 just because the graphics are awesome.
Remember when Bioshock got 10 10 10 10 10 10 from every review site and then people shitted on it later after it was safe and cool to hate?

Well there are some critics who want to shit on this game NOW so I thought I would warn you. this is the same guy that shat on witcher 3. I want to see if you can correct him on any errors and mistakes he makes in the review)

You're one of those guys that wants to be unbiased and stuff. So I value your opinions even if I don't agree with them. You are slowly getting better but don't forget when Bioshock Infinite came out and everyone thought that was the best game ever made and then later a few months afterward people whined how the AI wasn't as good as the previews.

What's my point in all this? Some games are 10s on release because of the hype and moneyhats, but then after a few months people look back on themselves and the games they liked in the past become "safe to hate". They no longer consider them the best game ever made after they see the bits that were not perfect. (I'm assuming that 10 means perfect to a lot of people. To me 10 just means it is polished as fuck and good enough to play on release date)
Witcher 3 as good looking as it is didn't have deepest combat in the world so I consider that a high 9. Zelda being a 10 because it gives me all the things I like about open world plus the puzzles in dungeons that you can't get in skyrim.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yeah, definitely has a Witcher 3 vibe but feels a little better to control and is focused more on ranged combat which is interesting. Definitely the best looking PS4 game by far. I thought UC4 was impressive but this dials it up another notch. Still can't believe the direction Guerilla went after the Killzone franchise. I liked Killzone 3 but besides the eye candy it was a little derivative. I think Sony made the right call in keeping some of their first party developers on board, Guerilla is up there with Naughty Dog.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Fuck off counts, I already said it had Witcher vibes and then a wild Ginger appears.
Candy Arse wrote:Invoking "Witcher 3" is a bold step already given it's the best game ever :lol:
But anyways, you see where I was coming from now. :up:

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sorry I meant Witcher 3 in terms of qualerty not playstyle.

Your playstyle comparison is on the money.

Loving it thus far.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Played a fuck tonne of this yesterday on my brothers PS4 pro on his new Samsung 4K tv. Looks STUNNING! Easily the best looking console game!
I'm only an hour or 2 into my own copy, but put a fair dint into the game yesterday with my brother and I think it's safe to say that I'd rate this higher than Breath of the Wild. Zelda is sumptuous, no doubts. But this game trumps it for controls. The combat is far more satisfying. Better story. I'd say only things Zelda has over it are length and general randomness of things to do in the HUGE world. Other than that Horizon is the better game. I've now stopped on Zelda and will continue on with Horizon. Did I mention how fucking gorgeous this game is???!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Sorry I meant Witcher 3 in terms of qualerty not playstyle.

Your playstyle comparison is on the money.

Loving it thus far.
Graphically on the console it's amazing, and I did say I got Witcher 3 vibes but also I see things that Witcher does so much better (and this is coming from someone that doesn't play many rpgs). Mainly the item management. If I want to craft something and I'm missing an item I'd like it highlighted from the seller. I guess it doesn't matter later on once you unlock the ability to gain more items from the same source or that there aren't as many items needed to craft but it just feels like all the micromanagement is an afterthought and not as polished. Still, this is a new genre for Guerilla and they've done an amazing job. I look forward to the sequel.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Vince wrote:Played a fuck tonne of this yesterday on my brothers PS4 pro on his new Samsung 4K tv. Looks STUNNING! Easily the best looking console game!
I'm only an hour or 2 into my own copy, but put a fair dint into the game yesterday with my brother and I think it's safe to say that I'd rate this higher than Breath of the Wild. Zelda is sumptuous, no doubts. But this game trumps it for controls. The combat is far more satisfying. Better story. I'd say only things Zelda has over it are length and general randomness of things to do in the HUGE world. Other than that Horizon is the better game. I've now stopped on Zelda and will continue on with Horizon. Did I mention how fucking gorgeous this game is???!
I agree with everything you've said. Zelda is great but fuck Zelda I need to play through this.

Nintendo should call Guerilla and ask for tips on horse controls...
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

This game..
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Candy Arse wrote:Yep this game is fucking BRILLIANT.
I agree. Holy shit this game is brilliant.
Spoiler!
Just finished the sequence where Aloy beats her first DeathBringer, and the whole sequence following it all the way through to meeting Sylens. Great stuff. Almost like Skynet/Terminator2 but with a more modern evil corporation twist. Great stuff.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

It's really weird seeing this game running on a PS4. It pretty much looks on par with or better than Uncharted 4 at all times, and feels like the framerate's going to shit itself when you start rotating the camera... except it doesn't. Amazing looking title, and has others have mentioned a really nice surprise coming from Guerilla.

That said, I won't be jumping aboard any time soon. One open world game is likely to be more than enough for me for this year, I'll see how I go.