NRL 2K17 - Boncos star on drug charges

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: NRL 2K17 - Jason Taylor goneburger

Post by Madmya »

mxlegend99 wrote:Broncos had 8 day turnaround from a tough game
Raiders had a 5 day turnaround from an easy game

I think Broncos by far had the ideap preparation for the game. Plenty of time to fully recover. A tough loss to ignite the fire. Another close game to make certain they showed up.

Oh and the home ground advantage doesn't hurt.

Raiders had an easy game... so they were never really tested. They had a short turnaround so they didnt get to prepare aswell as Broncos and ontop of that they had to travel interstate to play.

Call me crazy but I would prefer to be in the Broncos position. They get the most generous draw in general.
"A tough loss to ignite the fire" - that's poetic genius!

What!

mx logic:
An easy win = bad.
A tough loss = good.

Ever heard of the term "played them into form"? They must have meant that term to be used for a team that had a tough game and not an easy win, right? :oops:

We must have played Melbourne into form on Sunday, oh wait they looked terrible. So how does this theory of tough games putting teams in better positions hold up? Not well, Storm even had the extra days rest to go along with the tough match up the previous round. We can also go to the last round when the Cowboys faced Manly the week after playing the Broncos - again, longer period of rest after a tough match-up. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

You're talking absolute rubbish and it's no surprise TAFE boy is blindly following you without thinking about it. You can't just have one rule and apply it to everything. The NRL is one hell of a fickle competition, we know this by how tough it is to tip.

By the way I guess the Panthers are fucked this weekend, apparently. They had an easy win and although the Storm looked pretty bad for long periods, the important thing was that they had a difficult game above all else. (In reality, smashing the Knights probably does mean very little, but it most certainly can't hurt.)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

This must be the first time in NRL history where a team has been given last year's top 4 consecutively, in the first four rounds to boot. As much as mx thinks that's good, you'd want to be on your game straight away or you're fucked. Clearly it's Greenberg trying to disrupt the advantage Brisbane has.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:Broncos had 8 day turnaround from a tough game
Raiders had a 5 day turnaround from an easy game

I think Broncos by far had the ideap preparation for the game. Plenty of time to fully recover. A tough loss to ignite the fire. Another close game to make certain they showed up.

Oh and the home ground advantage doesn't hurt.

Raiders had an easy game... so they were never really tested. They had a short turnaround so they didnt get to prepare aswell as Broncos and ontop of that they had to travel interstate to play.

Call me crazy but I would prefer to be in the Broncos position. They get the most generous draw in general.
"A tough loss to ignite the fire" - that's poetic genius!

What!

mx logic:
An easy win = bad.
A tough loss = good.

Ever heard of the term "played them into form"? They must have meant that term to be used for a team that had a tough game and not an easy win, right? :oops:

We must have played Melbourne into form on Sunday, oh wait they looked terrible. So how does this theory of tough games putting teams in better positions hold up? Not well, Storm even had the extra days rest to go along with the tough match up the previous round. We can also go to the last round when the Cowboys faced Manly the week after playing the Broncos - again, longer period of rest after a tough match-up. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

You're talking absolute rubbish and it's no surprise TAFE boy is blindly following you without thinking about it. You can't just have one rule and apply it to everything. The NRL is one hell of a fickle competition, we know this by how tough it is to tip.

By the way I guess the Panthers are fucked this weekend, apparently. They had an easy win and although the Storm looked pretty bad for long periods, the important thing was that they had a difficult game above all else. (In reality, smashing the Knights probably does mean very little, but it most certainly can't hurt.)
Where did I say an easy win was bad? Any win is good. But as far as preparation for the following week goes, an easy win doesn't do shit to help you.

A tough loss does. Storm were shit against Tigers. But they still won the game comfortably. That's what tough games do. They make sure you are always in a position to win even if you play shit. Thsts why Panthers are fucked. No matter how good we play or how shit the Storm play. They will be hanging in there and when push comes to shove. They are a tough team. Panthers aren't
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

If an easy win does nothing to help you, how is it good?

Fucking lolz, Storm managed to win that game because of a tough win last week. How complex can this web become?
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

As easy win is 2 points and a for and against boost. Helps climb the ladder, doesn't help you when you play good teams though. Just might be the advantage you need later in the season to sit above one of those good teams.

Did you even watch the Storm vs Tigers match? Storm were fucking putrid. The missed more tackles than any other team in Round 4. Tigers got out to a 14 nil lead. But the Storm are a tough team, didn't panic and turned it up in the second half to win comfortably. That is by far the worst game the Storm have played in years and they still won comfortably.

Most other teams get absolutely pumped when they play that shit. That's what tough games do to a team... they make them tough. They make them hard to beat even when they play shit. And those tough teams tend to bounce back from shit performances with terrific ones. I'm legit scared that not only will the Storm beat us. They will humiliate us. Wouldn't be the first time they have kicked our ass.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Storm were putrid? But they had the extra rest and a tough game last week! Isn't that the perfect combo for Ultimate Victory?
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Panthers vs Storm:

Since 2006 we have played 17 times. Storm have 16 wins to Panthers 1. 10 of those wins are 13+ and in 5 of them Storm scored 40+ points.

Panthers only win in that period was by 2 points.

The overall stats are:

Storm - 24 wins and 902 points scored
Panthers - 7 wins and 478 points scored

So yeah... I will expect to lose everytime we face the Storm atleast as long as Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk are playing. They are simply a better team then us. Those 2 players are too good for us. They are just too good in an area Panthers aren't... winning tough games.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

What's the point of stats when you can just look at the easy win versus tough win + extra rest ultimate combo?
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:Storm were putrid? But they had the extra rest and a tough game last week! Isn't that the perfect combo for Ultimate Victory?
No an easy game and 5 days rest is. :roll:

They were putrid and won comfortably.They haven't played all that well at all this year. They could have easily lost 3 of the games they won (Bulldogs, Broncos and Tigers). But they came up with the win because they are a tough team and have experience in those circumstances.

How hard is that to comprehend? Tough games make a team better. Playing at higher levels makes players better. That's how teams and players get better... smashing reserve grade standard sides certainly doesn't do it. If you can't see that you're delusional.
Madmya wrote:What's the point of stats when you can just look at the easy win versus tough win + extra rest ultimate combo?
When discussed with you there is no point. You think a short turnaround and easy wins is somehow an advantage. That's not just stupid. That's retarded.

If that were how it worked, teams could just schedule a Monday game against a reserve grade side, absolutely smash them and then come out and be unbeatable 5 days later.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I don't think it's an advantage. No one would argue that. Fuck me.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Oh and the other points of those stats is... sometimes one team is just better than another. Circumstances don't matter so much in those situations. Throughout those 17 games I am sure Storm had short turnarounds, long ones, had big wins, big losses, tight losses etc. before us and none of it mattered.

When one team is flat out better than another... they will win more often then not. Although for the Storm it's not the team that's better. It's 2 players specifically. Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smith. Billy Slater was also, but Storm have proven they don't need him and Munster has been just as good.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:This must be the first time in NRL history where a team has been given last year's top 4 consecutively, in the first four rounds to boot. As much as mx thinks that's good, you'd want to be on your game straight away or you're fucked. Clearly it's Greenberg trying to disrupt the advantage Brisbane has.
In two of those four games, the Broncos had a 3-day rest advantage.

On the flipside, the Raiders have had two out of four games with 3-day rest disadvantages. One against the Boncos, the other against the Sharks.

Yeah, your team is still getting WELL taken care of. It's a fucking disgrace.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Come on dude, the only tough turnaround was for the Broncos. Thankfully you got the tigers the week before to ease some of the pain.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

3-day disadvantage against the Sharks didn't turn out so well either.

For the record, both 3-day rest advantages for the Boncos have been at home. Tough gig your mob has, poor guys.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

He complains about the opening for rounds being "tough" because they are against last years top sides... but last years form doesn't mean shit this year.

Let's look at them based on this years ladder:

Broncos opening 5 rounds:
Round 1 - Sharks - 7th this year with 2 wins
Round 2 - Cowboys - 4th this year with 3 wins
Round 3 - Storm - 2nd this year with 4 wins
Round 4 - Raiders - 11th this year with 1 win
Round 5 - Bulldogs - 13th this year with 1 win
Opposition have won a total of 11 games

Panthers opening 5 rounds:
Round 1 - Dragons - 3rd this year with 3 wins
Round 2 - Tigers - 16th this year with 1 win
Round 3 - Roosters - 1st this year with 4 wins
Round 4 - Knights - 15th this year with 1 win
Round 5 - Storm - 2nd this year with 4 wins
Opposition have won a total of 13 games

Raiders opening 5 rounds:
Round 1 - Cowboys - 4th this year with 3 wins
Round 2 - Sharks - 7th this year with 2 wins
Round 3 - Tigers - 16th this year with 1 win
Round 4 - Broncos - 8th this year with 2 wins
Round 5 - Eels - 9th this year with 2 wins
Opposition have won a total of 10 games

So based on this years form, the Panthers have had a tougher opening 5 rounds and the Raiders are not far off.

Obviously in 10 rounds the ladder could change a lot and those positions won't be the same. But that also won't be current form. A team could potentially be forced to play against the top form teams all year if they were unfortunate to get teams at the wrong time.

At the end of the day none of that matters if you are better then the team you are playing. I'm certain the Storm and Cowboys don't give a fuck who they are playing each week. They probably like knocking off the good teams. Storm would be looking ahead at their draw wondering if any team is going to be good enough to beat them.

Especially with them being boosted by a couple of injured players against Panthers. Vunivalu and McLean are returning and with every week that passes Billy Slater is getting that little bit better. It won't be long before he has a blinder and is officially back... fingers crossed it's not this weekend.

They sit in second and are nowhere near their best yet. I hate them, but you have to admire how good they are on a consistent basis.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Re: NRL 2K17 - Des Hasler goneburger?

Post by Madmya »

Well done, mx. You've out-done yourself in providing an embarrassingly stupid argument. The sad thing is that you've clearly spent a bit of time fleshing it out, too.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

You tried to act like the Broncos had the toughest opening rounds to the season because you played teams that were good last year. However you played them this year and on this years form you had a pretty standard opening 5 rounds.

Basing the difficulty of 2017 games based on 2016 rosters and form is stupid. Shouldnt really expect anything less from someone who thinks 5 days rest is better than 8 though. :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Here's a little tutorial for you:

If the top teams play each other, someone has to lose. This effectively means they'll be lower down the ladder because they haven't won as many games as other teams playing lesser opponents. This means the ladder can't be viewed as a form guide on its own. For example, Brisbane were 1 from 3 yet Peter Stirling had them 3rd in his power rankings. Get in the bin.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Shithouse weather in Sydney today, should be a bludger of a game
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Power Rankings are an opinion... and different people will rank them differently. For instance the Broncos sit below Cowbpys on the ladder. They lost to them... yet somehow get ranked above them. Thats crazy.

The ladder itself is unbiased. It is based purely on wins and points for and against.beating shit teams can give good sides a boost (Broncos will get a good boost tonight). But the ladder is definitely a fairer reflection of form this early in the season.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

mxlegend99 wrote: Basing the difficulty of 2017 games based on 2016 rosters and form is stupid. Shouldnt really expect anything less from someone who thinks 5 days rest is better than 8 though. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

mxlegend99 wrote:Power Rankings are an opinion... and different people will rank them differently. For instance the Broncos sit below Cowbpys on the ladder. They lost to them... yet somehow get ranked above them. Thats crazy.

The ladder itself is unbiased. It is based purely on wins and points for and against.beating shit teams can give good sides a boost (Broncos will get a good boost tonight). But the ladder is definitely a fairer reflection of form this early in the season.
statsmx, I remember why I used to call you this. Hopefully you don't have a job in data analysis because you would be terrible. If you can't comprehend why using the ladder now, after 4 rounds and when every team has not had even draw, is too simplistic - delete your account.

It's also really not difficult to understand why Brisbane were ranked above the Cowboys. Cowboys lost players from the win against the Broncos, and looked bad against Manly which they had lost. That was enough, otherwise if they had beaten Manly and kept their players you could probably bet the house that Cowboys would be above the Broncos.

Get in that damn bin.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

pilonv1 wrote:Shithouse weather in Sydney today, should be a bludger of a game
It's looking that way. Errors, penalties, zzzzzzzzzzz.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:Power Rankings are an opinion... and different people will rank them differently. For instance the Broncos sit below Cowbpys on the ladder. They lost to them... yet somehow get ranked above them. Thats crazy.

statsmx, I remember why I used to call you this. Hopefully you don't have a job in data analysis because you would be terrible. If you can't comprehend why using the ladder now, after 4 rounds and when every team has not had even draw, is too simplistic - delete your account.

It's also really not difficult to understand why Brisbane were ranked above the Cowboys. Cowboys lost players from the win against the Broncos, and looked bad against Manly which they had lost. That was enough, otherwise if they had beaten Manly and kept their players you could probably bet the house that Cowboys would be above the Broncos.

Get in that damn bin.
Broncos have only beaten 2 teams in average form. Take your bias away and you will see you aren't close to 3rd best so far this year.

You cant honestly think you're in better form than Dragons... who have had a win against the Sharks also. And flogged the Panthers which is well and truly better than a 1 point win over the Raiders at home off a short turnaround. Throw in a 3rd win and they are clearly in better form than Broncos.

Cowboys beat Broncos head to head and sit above them on the ladder.

The current top 4 is more accurate then power rankings. 5th onward is more debateable since its mostly for and against tgat splits them.

But one thing is certain... Broncos arent in the top 4 performing sides so far. You're off your head if you believe you are.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yes, I can think we are in better form than the Dragons, despite thinking we're not at our best. Did you just magically forget the Eels pumped the Dragons at home? MMmmmm.

Also, I'd take Peter Stirling's opinion over yours every day of the week.

stop.