The Official Thread of Shepard's in Space. ME4 Page 18

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Re: The Official Thread of Shepard's in Space. ME4 Page 18

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Yes.. I heard that. Plus I liked how they made her sound a bit younger and truly as if the time she did those recordings was prior to the reapers. The nods to the original trilogy are there... but hidden well with some of them you need to be pretty on the ball to recall them. e.g. Vetra's family.

I've yet to warm to Pee Bee. Same with Jaal.

Vetra is sassy though and I like Drack too. Cora I like and Liam... meh.

Gil I am trying to nail though. He's Renly Baratheon from GoT incidentally.

There hasn't been any dialogue that I have felt is terrible though. The overall vibe of Andromeda is more light hearted than the original trilogy so I think people might be mistaking the tone. These guys are adventurers.. not galaxy savers.. yet.. so the tone can be lighthearted and I have enjoyed the banter amongst everyone. Vetra especially. It's all been of a standard Mass Effect series quality.

I haven't done too much crafting yet. I've noticed that the scanning feature has dropped off a bit since the beginning which is a bit odd/deflating since I am scanning everything and things aren't nearly as scannable since the start.. even what with being on a brand new planet around a new species.

Being able to shift between classes has been so much fun and building ideal power load outs in conjunction has been fantastic. I was worried it would feel too open.. but so far I just feel like I have so much versatility in how I approach fights. Current fave is to be an infiltrator with a cross between biotics and tech (charge, incinerate, overload) while sniping with a black widow. Then when it's time to get in there.. Swap to vanguard/adept (charge,pull/Backlash, throw) with some shot gun carnage :D

I think I'm disappointed that people have let such inane things become such big issues when you consider that the fighting mechanics and overall battle elements are the best they have ever been. They look a very long hard look at multiplayer from ME3 and realised how awesome it was and made it even better.. so much so that they opted to make the single player control like it.. which I am now starting to appreciate.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It's the usual internet hive mind bullshit.

The game has been completely blown out of proportion - yep there's your usual Bioware jank that's in every fucking Bioware game.

KOTOR 2 was a hot mess initially but the game was brilliant.

Andromeda is fantastic. Looks SHIT HOT on PC @ 4K
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I've seen so much shit spoken about this game it blows my mind. It's like the retarded right like GameHED and the loopy left decided to attack from all directions. I've seen nutters shit on it because white people and models are so horribly under-represented in videogames something something Jews, and I've seen nutters shit on it because there's not enough non-binary genders and the best one, it gets an automatic bad review because it's a "colonisation simulator".

I think I'll leave the last word on the shitstorm of nutjobs, fittingly, with GameHED, and go back to enjoying myself in Andromeda:
retard wrote: the only good aspect of the game being the gameplay (which is not a good thing).
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

There is just so much bullshit rage about it.. it does my head in a little. So many straight while males upset because Sara and other female characters aren't hot.

Gays upset because there are only 2 romance options and both seem like an after thought with nowhere near the level of detail straight romances like male ryder and Cora get... This doesn't surprise me and I actually agree with this one.

White people upset that too many non white people in the game.

Men upset that SJW and feminists have taken over (people who spout this shit need to die in a hole somewhere.. )

I can't remember the last game where I have been so enthralled with revisiting places and just driving around looking for things because I can. There is so much to do and I'm only JUST starting to look for other arks.

I'm sleep deprived and tired but all I want to do is play this game.

What I am REALLY excited about now is that they intend on making it so that you can continue the game after the ending.. which means they could really drown us with more content and story...
Ambrose Burnside

I've been tired all week because of this game and I'm sure I'm well behind where you guys are up to:
Spoiler!
I've met Jaal and we're exploring the jungle planet that was the Angaran home world
I've been happy just wandering around the Tempest and Nexus half the time, seeing what random conversations and missions I can stumble across :up: I'm often wary of triggering the next main mission cos I don't want the game to end :redface:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

GCF and Ambrose:

I think the SJW guys are not just ruining mass effect. They are ruining evetything. I'm just talking about ME because that's just the latest thing they've hurt. Just like when michal bay killed Transformers, or when capcom took out boob giggle on chun li. Ypu don't understand mate. This is cultural marxism and the reason they hate whites so much is because they want to breed them out of existence since they are still the only people left who can take them down.
They are thier biggest threat.

The thing is these guys are brainwashed by thier college professors and I find it as a type of abuse. I want something done about it. Nothing will happen of course because nobody can see the big picture. All the truth will be revealed later.

But you know what? If yu like the game, then I'm happy for you. Just don't bully those that don't like it into submission just because they prefer the older work of bioware. 7s are still good scores. It reminds me kind of how I feel about fallout 4 actually. The game's combat is a LOT better than old fallout, but I can agree with the critics that the story isn't the best and to be honest it isn't witcher 3 grade and I still had fun.

You just got to accept the huge fanbase for ME = far more noise due to its popularity and just remember that it was 5 years ago since the last. People have a right to question whether it meets quality expectations given the size of the publisher and how older games still look better. Shouldn't things get better as time moves on? Imagine if Candy Arse struggled to beat 5 year olds at street fighter in 2017 instead of 7 year olds now that he has gotten a bit better? He'd be pissed that no improvement in performance was made since the time he first got into it.

Anyway I listened to some of the hate rants this game has and I urge people to only buy this game if you like the combat, but avoid if you want characters and dialogue that matches old bioware.
Candy Arse loves to poke fun at sonic the hedgehog fans, now it is everyone's turn to poke fun at him. I bet he's got mates who have infiltrated EA with the sole mission to destroy all the things people like, bloody EA/Valve shill. Nintendo must not have paid him as much as EA to pimp games on boards so he's trying to be an ad only for EA games now. It doesn't work Candy. We see through your lies. You are trying to trick people into buying this instead of Zelda.

ex-bioware employee shares his opinion about why the facial animation is crappy:
Witcher 3 faces were fine. I dread the thought of EA buying up CD Projekt Red one day and bringing rpg genre down by making it 90percent bro-shooter.....uuurgh... They cater to the widest audience as possible and if the people still buy the products, they'll never care to improve. It's the EA curse.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Is CrackHED literally talking to himself now? Who here HASN'T got him on ignore?
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

It's great reading discussion without wearing out my mouse wheel scrolling through his dribble.

But caved and got this - combat is definitely weaker. Not having control of your squad mate's powers is a big letdown. Used to love letting loose with Liara's Singularity maxed out watching enemies float around everywhere while I pumped rounds into them.

The animation, now it's been brought up, you definitely notice it. It's more than just Bioware jank I reckon, like the B team was brought in to do it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm actually starting to get over the bit where you can't control the squad's powers, because at least with my current character as a full Biotic I can easily create my own biotic combos.

Have started with the basic Singularity > Shockwave power up because that shit just kicks the crap out of everything as it always has :lol:

In previous games I would have my character set the Singularity while another one follows with the Shockwave, now I just do both myself. Still works.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Just encountered my first architect.. which fucking came out of nowhere. Bravo. Fucking awesome.
Ambrose Burnside

Normally in games like this I favour the military option if given a choice, in this I've been choosing the scientific.

I hope it doesn't bite me in the bum later.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Just wrapped up Eos and I'm starting to see where you blokes are coming from. It's starting to feel like proper Mass Effect.

The profile system does add a bit of depth to the combat, takes the sting out of the other regressions.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Just took out the Kett Base. That was hell fun and intense. On my way back to Voeld.
Ambrose Burnside

Experienced my second I have to reload my last save bug (after the door wouldn't unlock one earlier). I fell off a wall into some rocks and got wedged in and couldn't jetpack out :(

Normally in that situation I'd switch characters and keep going but :(

Had to replay about 5 minutes so that wasn't too bad.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

I'm on PC, and I don't know if I'm tripping, but I must have some shell extension (I'll get around to the troubleshooting when I can be bothered) that brings focus to explorer.exe and essentially ALT-TABs me out, but when I go back I swear some things that you should be able to scan become un-scannable. I'll have to play around with it some more to be sure.
Ambrose Burnside

Loved playing through Havarl, meeting different Angara factions etc. Went back to Eos and man how dull. I can see how people were put off by the game during the 10 hour prerelease thing, Eos is terrible in comparison.

So many Hinterlands comparisons with Dragon Age: Inquisition.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

I quite enjoyed Eos... I haven't been back in a while.. even though my crew suggested I do it.

I just finished the vault on Voeld. So I now have Havarl, Eos and Voeld sitting at 100%. About to get to Kadara now.. The story is starting to get interesting now that certain things have been brought to light.. about the Nexus AND the Kett. Have had a fantastic 66hrs so far :)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Space dong?

Asking for a friend.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

I gotta admit.. Gil comes across as a bit of a manwhore.. but then he doesnt.
No space dong so far.

For a game tbat bioware proudly stated that there was so much more dialogue and yet Im consistently going back to key characters to see progression in their dialogue given huge changes in the game.

Eg. I restarted the Voeld vault and no one had commented that the planet sky was completely different.

Not a huge issue.. a fairly common one really when it comes to games like this.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The people shouting this game down are idiots. This game is AWESOME.

I'm having a MUCH MUCH MUCH better time with this than I did with Zelda.
Ambrose Burnside

Took out what I assume is the main Kett base on Eos. That was cool :up: I still feel there is too much empty space on Eos though.

Just landed on Voeld. 24 hours in :up:

I have a feeling there will be a few retrospectives on this game in years to come where people fess up to being swept up in the irrational hate. It's a great game :up:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Ive heard a few people complain that there arent enough planets to explore and the ones you can land on they are too sparse.. to this I would remind them that they should consider how many planets we know of that are hospitable and also of those ones.. how non sparse they are. ;)

Eos feels sparse but really it is a somewhat desert planet so it should be. Havarl will change that though. Voeld is sparse too but it is actually stunning at the same time.
Use of the fast travel is incredibly good in this game and it really keeps you focused to explore rather than being bored from the long distance between locations.
Im over 70hrs in now.. only at 25% completion and I feel disappointed that gamespot and ign only did 65 hrs to review the full game.

Have heard some very cool rumours about DLC though. Sounds like this gane is about the long game as opposed to the quick thrill.

Also multiplayer is fucking awesome. Have been playing that for the last 24hrs and it really does shine as a worthwhile addition... it has improved upon the already unexpectedly fun ME3 version.
Ambrose Burnside

I got Eos up to 100% viability and the Terraformer Achievement seems to have glitched and I didn't get it :(
Ambrose Burnside

Patch 1.5 notes (1.4 having been the day one patch):
Improved tutorial placement
Single player balance changes:
Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks & progression
Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies
Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
Fixed various collision issues
Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
Fixes issues related to some saves
Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
Streaming and stability improvements
Future updates:
More options and variety in the character creator
Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Patch 1.5 notes (1.4 having been the day one patch):

Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
SPACE DONG CONFIRMED