Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Peter Moore Tells Sonic Creator Yuji Naka To "FUCK OFF!"

Post by Jasper »

VS.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When Peter Moore was President of Sega America, he conducted a focus group in the USA with the following question - 'If a video game publisher was a relative or a friend, who would they be?

The results of the survey were...

EA - Arrogant quarterback, 6'5", walks in, gets the girl, nobody likes him.

Rockstar - Your drunken uncle that shows up from Vegas once a month with a hooker on his arm and looking for money and then he's gone again.

SEGA - Your grandad. Used to be cool, but even he can't remember why anymore.

Peter Moore then presented the focus group finding to his colleagues over at Sega Japan, and the shit hit the fan as the Japanese executives (especially Sonic creator Yuji Naka) refused to believe that American's perception of Sega was so damn poor. Peter Moore explains below...
I said, 'We need to be incredibly aware of the challenges we face as a brand at Sega,' you know, and so I play the video. Yuji Naka, Naka-san, maker of Sonic, is in the room. Now, he and I have a love/hate relationship on a good day. And we show him this, and it's subtitled in Japanese, and when it comes to that piece he just [slams his hand on the table], 'This is ridiculous. You have made them say this. Sega is the great brand, nobody would ever say this, you have falsified!' He just gets in my face. So I said to the translator, 'Tell him to fuck off.' And the poor guy looks at me and says, 'There's no expression in Japanese.' I said, 'I know there is.' And that was it. That was the last time I ever set foot in there," Moore explains.
One month after the above altercation, Peter Moore resigned from Sega and joined Microsoft to head the new XBOX division. :wink:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/7/1522285 ... -yuji-naka" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Peter Moore Tells Sonic Creator Yuji Naka To "FUCK OFF!"

Post by Cletus »

I'm guessing Nintendo is the autistic cousin who repeats himself in loops.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Sega is more like the football player that got injuries that prevented him from playing again at the level of performance he once had in the past and forced to settle for a less risky lifestyle in case he damages himself further.

EA is more like the guy who seems to be able to make money from pyramid schemes and nobody seems to be aware enough they are killing society with scamming people. (microtransactions in everythings) Little kids think EA is cool (buying every need for speed game even if they are crap because they love cars) but adults don't respect him. Think of Kramer from Seinfeld. Yes he can appear slick on the outside with a retail smile, but delve deep enough and you will find he is not to be trusted 100%.

Nintendo: your grandad that fought in World War and expects everyone to remember the danger of the past. Still putting restrictions on the games to prevent people from communicating online easily because they think maybe the people buying their games systems could be spies for the enemy nation trying to gather intel to invade the land. Always forgets things like hard drives to store information needed in modern games because of old-timey thinking when games were impossible to patch. Think of Kup from the Transformers. Lots of old stories to tell that puts kids of today to sleep because they are ADHD mobilephone gamers who don't mind shallow gameplay and are apple-tards that think games are just virtual shopping apps. Will always be hated by hackers for success where Atari failed. (john conner uses atari to hack ATM machine in terminator 2)

Rockstar would be baby boomer dad whose friends died of overdose while he quit the band because he got an ugly chic pregnant and now works as a game programmer making games about people that are hollywood versions of real people to support his kids from multiple marriages who are goths and want to see the world burn like the joker in Dark Knight movie. Wants games to be hollywood movies and not games because gameplay isn't important. Wants you to care about its characters too much when in fact people don't care about the story and just want to wreck property and kill people in creative funny ways. Takes himself way too seriously by making us want to skip gameplay to get to the story, missing the point of consequences for not having skill to beat challenges. Everyone stil likes them because they rebel against the normal, but since everyone thinks the same thing, they don't realise they are the normal and predictable people they wish they were not. (sequels to their old franchises sell like crazy so they are forced to be conservative and not be edgy risk takers full of creativity anymore or else their kids from multiple marriages starve and they lose their job and have to go indie like real starving artists)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Peter Moore just announced that he is leaving the video game industry... :mooreon: :mooreon: :mooreon:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

This has been known for some time.

Where and when are we having our USF2 money match?