Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Xbox 720p and PS4fps

Post by Rorschach »

Depending on price I'll be getting one. If only for the BC, Xmas will be awesome
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Including dx12 in hardware is such a masterstroke, watch this video and understand how much CPU effort goes into handling the API.

https://youtu.be/nIoZB-cnjc0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A command processor like this has never been done before. Simply amazing stuff, no wonder DF are creaming themselves.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

lestat wrote:expecting no more fucking jaguar!

:redface:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Remind me, Jasper: how's the Switch's WiiU BC working out for you?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

This console is going to be good no doubt but it needs some exclusives like what the PS4 has to make it a must have.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

RDR2 4K and possibly enhanced is enough!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I really love that MS are just going all-out to make a bleeding-edge console. Feels like it's been quite some time since we've a console has been released and on day 1 it's a complete powerhouse even in comparison to what you can do with a PC.

Don't care what it costs, I'm buying one even just as a way to thank Microsoft for doing this :lol:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Candy Arse wrote:I really love that MS are just going all-out to make a bleeding-edge console. Feels like it's been quite some time since we've a console has been released and on day 1 it's a complete powerhouse even in comparison to what you can do with a PC.

Don't care what it costs, I'm buying one even just as a way to thank Microsoft for doing this :lol:
Problem being that this is apparently a mid-cycle refresh, not "day one".

We shouldn't be rewarding either Sony or Microsoft for this kind of behaviour.

...but we will anyway...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

MiNiStRy wrote:This console is going to be good no doubt but it needs some exclusives like what the PS4 has to make it a must have.
PS4 has been having an absolute blinder this gen, so many decent exclusives. Much regret in my Xbone purchase.

With Ryzen prices to likely bottom out at years end plus Vega inbound and along with Play Anywhere, makes this thing more of a irrelevant PC-in-a-box than anything that has preceded it.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

unfnknblvbl wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:I really love that MS are just going all-out to make a bleeding-edge console. Feels like it's been quite some time since we've a console has been released and on day 1 it's a complete powerhouse even in comparison to what you can do with a PC.

Problem being that this is apparently a mid-cycle refresh, not "day one".

We shouldn't be rewarding either Sony or Microsoft for this kind of behaviour.

...but we will anyway...
It was all MS fault imo. They brought out the Bone thinking we want a underpowered machine when only nintendo should be allowed to do this.

Why? Nintendo fans buy the games for the gameplay never the graphics alone.

With most MS and third party titles graphics is how they attract the buyer. They need to keep a clear line of seperation between hardcore gamers who want realistic shooters, and the japanese gamers who like anime styled visuals with flat shaded fantasy worlds. Your average platformer works in the limits of the hardware. But racers and shooters and sports sim benefit from realism.
Oh well at least it's here. I skipped the Bone knowing there would be a sequel. PS4 definitely deserved to win this gen for not trying to force us to always be online. Sony kept it real. They won the hearts of the gamers and now they are reaping the benefits of that.
MS need to just focus on the technology being high powered while nintendo focus on portables. Then Sony gives us power and sucks up all the weeaboos who buy Final Fantasy and JRPG which we know MS can't get exclusive to because japan hates american products. :P
Lesson? Everyone needs to stay the fuck where they are and stop trying to be something you are not, because when you try to do it you'll be shit at it!
Nintendo has the pokemons, zeldas, mario etc that appeals to all ages, kids, hardcore gamers, and fans of classic games.
Sony has the weeaboos.
MS has the fat muricans who play bro shooters and COD and sport sims and race sims.

The only thing MS has to do is get that trust back and stop trying to run away from the hardcore game brand image of the previous gen. I hope mid-gen dies off after this. Just make the gens 5 years long at most but support the last gen for 5 years as a type of budget console for poor guys so that third parties can still make money off of the high userbase of the last gen.

BC consoles are the future. We should be able to load up old games from digital store and they work on newer generations of machines. This way if you are late to the party on a certain game series you can buy an old game on the current gen machines, and play games from 10 years ago and it works fine. The developers will benefit because they are geting new money for old content. And the hardware manufacturer benefits because during the dry periods of a current gen console release when there is little new games to play, there will always be old titles ready to keep people busy on day one.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11250/mic ... s-revealed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
However with that said, with performance that, on paper, is slightly ahead of a Radeon RX 480, I expect we’re still going to see some compromises here to consistently hit Microsoft’s 4K goal. 6 TFLOPS often isn’t enough for native 4K at current image quality levels, which means developers will have to resort to some clever optimizations or image scaling.
I'm out.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

So Microsofts best effort will be barely nudging ahead of a midrange GPU that by the time it's released will be near 18 months old and probably < $200 off the shelf? They need to go back to the drawing board.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep, shithouse.

ANOTHER underpowered console. Looks like the DF stuff was just a puffpiece and now that objective writers are on board we're finding out the truth.

This is just as much a half-step as the PS4 Pro.

PC Master Race the ONLY place for real gamers.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

i'll wait to see what it can do without writing it off, apparently MS are promising 900p and above XB1 games will be 4k on scorpio.

and... how much will this thing be?
you expect the latest shit for $600 or whatever it will be?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol: 900p :lol:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I'm still tempted, if only for the games I've previously bought on Xbox Live and BC but price will be a factor.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

By the time this thing lands, $500 Yum Cha PC's will be trading blows with it. Plus with 2 year obsolescence, everyone's living rooms with be filled with underpowered useless boxes. The whole console industry has gone to shit.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Yep, shithouse.

ANOTHER underpowered console. Looks like the DF stuff was just a puffpiece and now that objective writers are on board we're finding out the truth.
I called it, the whole DF exclusive sounded like Moneyhats to me.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

FreeSync support! It shouldn't need that, but good that it's there!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:Yep, shithouse.

This is just as much a half-step as the PS4 Pro.

PC Master Race the ONLY place for real gamers.
I hate to burst your bubble but that was always going to be the case once gpus/cpus hit 250+/100+w respectively.

No way you can match that power budget and the silicon size in a little cheap box, this is just how it is.

Consoles will always at best get the trickle down lower power stuff that's available to PC.

But thinking about it, it's disappointing not to have anything better than jaguar/polaris.

Not sure if I'm day one anymore, I just ordered a 1080ti and I'm more invested with PC gaming than ever.

I'll grab one once deals hit to replace the launch console I have, the pro is rushed and unbalanced, the scorpio to my eyes ticks the right boxes to deliver a meaningful jump. But that jump still lands short of what pc gamers are enjoying now.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Dude all our bubbles have been burst.

Oh well - fistbump for us PC bros!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Thinking of building a Ryzen system in an NCASE now. More expensive but upgradable and have access to my Steam library already.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I'm happy to wait and see at the moment there's lots of guesswork involved, I'll also add that $600 bucks for a launch console these days is not much as console gaming is historically cheap now compared to the past.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah well I started paying one off at EB but I think I might get that money back and spend it on a new card for my pc. It doesn't really need it but I think it might be better spent there...undecided as yet.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Cletus wrote:Yeah well I started paying one off at EB but I think I might get that money back and spend it on a new card for my pc. It doesn't really need it but I think it might be better spent there...undecided as yet.
If what Candy quoted before ends up being true (just scraping past mid-2016 mid range GPU performance), upgrading your card is a safer bet. $600+ for RX480.1 performance is a joke.