Persona 5 (PS4)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Persona 5 (PS4)

Post by Rorschach »

I wouldn't normally say this but PG4 Golden is worth getting a Vita for alone. Unfortunately there is no other way to play it :(
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Yep, and just look at the Vita's launch lineup way back then, even with just them you'll have tons of quality games to play.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Plus, the Vita is a PSP emulator. Own all of the Persona games now. Awesome little machine, much better value than the DS and Switch.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Persona 5 (PS4)

Post by flipswitch »

Tried EB and target, EB completely sold out, target had one left on hold for someone.

I think it's because of the steel book. EB said there's going to be the regular version out soon.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Plenty of stock where I am, even Target has a tonne of copies. Just ask to order one in.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I'll try somewhere else tomorrow first.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Went to another Target and she found one but it had no case to it so couldn't sell it. Also Big W and JB are all out of stock. One EB said they're getting new stock in today and to ring later, so I'll do that for now or just go digital. They didn't make much copies because they didn't expect it to sell.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Good thing about living in a gaming backwater I guess.

First time I've ever EB 7-Day rentaled anything. Straight swap Neir Automata for P5.
Couldn't do it in Brisbane - All EB's were sold out.
Local EB had five copies.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Had some money in my PSN wallet and bought it digitally.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

2 dungeons down and this game is addictive as hell.

Music is so good too, love the mid boss theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UEH3A3mqi8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also like the day theme, so mellow and relaxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSdvjiSej78&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm loving the story and the characters too, I do like that besides the supernatural aspects of the game such as the dungeon crawling etc, how realistically dark and depressing the themes are in this game.
Last edited by klee123 on 16 Apr 2017 05:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Just starting the second dungeon. I caved and bought the PG4 uniform set, nice bonus is an accessory that boosts EXP after each fight, makes levelling a little easier. Changes the dungeon theme music to PG4 as well. Loving this game, best release of the year so far.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I'm only 5hrs in for real!

Bought P4G and P5 soundtracks from cdjapan.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Was window shopping yesterday, even in the boonies this game has flown off the shelf. Not quite the sell out Nioh was but went from a lot of stock to only two copies. Such a great game, takes the edge off wanting Zelda anytime soon.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
klee123

Post by klee123 »

3rd dungeon is noticeably harder. Loving the challenge.

Been fusing quite a few Personas already. Some with pretty good results...
Rorschach wrote:Was window shopping yesterday, even in the boonies this game has flown off the shelf. Not quite the sell out Nioh was but went from a lot of stock to only two copies. Such a great game, takes the edge off wanting Zelda anytime soon.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
The game did 1.5 million already which is damn good for a Non FF JRPG.

I'd imagine it'll only go higher....
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Persona 5 (PS4)

Post by Rorschach »

Managed to finish the third dungeon tonight, this is my game of the generation hands down. Already 30 hours in but nothing feels repetitive or boring, even the combat is great. This is the game to make JRPG as genre relevant again. Seriously wish the PS4 had been the lead platform this game, guessing perfection takes time.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Really enjoyed Palace 3, it really felt like you were raiding a bank.

Palace 4 is even better IMO.

I think what I love about P5 so far is how the story is told from a day to day basis, like the way how Palace 3 is introduced and how your group finds a way to get into the bank etc it just so enjoyable.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Game finished at 103 hours clocked.

I fused Yoshitsune and a few other Personas at lvl 90+ and pretty much wrecked the last boss lol.

My GOTY so far and tied with Bloodborne as one of my fav games this generation. Pretty much gripped me from the first minute to the credits rolling.

Now to decide whether to do new game plus or play Nier Automata lol.