Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Back catalogue thread

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Games in your library you haven't started and intend to play. Feel free to give advice as to order of preference. List 'em.

My current:

Binary Domain
Batman Arkham City
Deadly Premonition
DreadOut
Far Cry 3
Firewatch
Gone Home
Hotline Miami
Life Is Strange
Metro: Last Light
Outlast
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
This War of Mine
Transistor
Wolfenstein: The New Order
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Back catalogue thread

Post by Candy Arse »

Fuck where do I start...

Should probably get around to finishing Rise of The Tomb Raider and Spec Ops: The Line sooner or later...
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

The same, back catalogue is so huge along with the games i purchased there is still all the Live and PSN+ rentals that a worth playing.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Spec Ops is definitely worth it. Only takes 7 or so hours to play through on normal. I'll play it again one day. There's another list - the games you want to replay but never will due to long back catalogue.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

I'm pretty sure I still have a backlog on the 360 tooo.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Haha, I have a backlog on PSone with a few titles like Bushido Blade 1&2, Wip3out amd a couple of others. Pretty sure one of the house sitters stole my chipped PSX when I was in UK or Adelaide.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Half of my fucking collection is a backlog of games I haven't played but want to (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Secret of Mana) or games I want to go through again because I love them (Dragon Force, Chrono Trigger).

Then there's the shit on my PC :lol:

Instead I'll just play more SF5 and then Marvel vs Capcom when it comes out....any probably ANOTHER run through Witcher 3 because best game ever etc.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

IMO, no game has bettered Secret of Mana. It was the Witcher 3 of its time.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Way too long and embarrassing :(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Hotline Miami. Steam refund the rest except maybe xcom.
If you really are going to play them, you will buy them the day you start them. Problem solved.

In other black pot and kettle news, my list is massive. The two that always scream at me are oddworld: new 'n tasty and Guacamelee. The rest are stuff I kid myself I'm going to play should probably just fuck off but don't (often because they were so cheap a refund is futile).
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Guacamelee is pretty good!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

My backlog: 0
I'm currently chipping away at Persona5. I think I'm about half way through.
I'm tempted to buy Tekken7, but have resisted. I'll probably pick it up cheap down the track.

For me, the trick is always to never let my backlog be more than 2, which usually happens around Sep-Dec. In some specific circumstances, I'll let it grow to 3.
If games come out that I want, but I don't have space in my backlog, I straight up don't buy them.
This has sortof led to a 'secondary list' of stuff that I often pick up cheap at a later date when there is lulls in new releases.

Let me help you there with your list Pepp.
Peppermint Lounge wrote: Binary Domain
There done. You should play those two. Funnily enough both of those were ones that I picked up later to fill lulls, and in the case of XCom it was my retrospective 2012 goty.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

My backlog is big. But when the aliens arrive, you could probably pay them off to leave you alone by offering them games where humans kill aliens and they will invite you to their planet to share their collection of games with you where aliens kill humans.

Some of the games include:

Far Cry Primal
Horizon Zero Dawn
X-com 2
Final Fantasy 15
Dark Souls 3 GOTY
your mom (too big to list all the games like her)

Generally I tend to speed play through games unless it is open world.
Zelda BOTW is GOTY. Better than Witcher 3. Boomy agrees with me that Witcher 3 is overrated. The combat in the game is not as fun as Dragon's Dogma or Darksiders or Dark Souls or Monster Hunter games. Sorry candy but its true. Nobody respects you enough to tell you because you are moderator and you might ban them like you do Rocco when he is winning a debate.

there are a few Call of Duty games like COD infinite and Black ops 3. I want to get these done early since they are short campaigns. Nioh, The Surge, Prey are waiting to be played soon. And I intend to play Dragon's Dogma again when the re-release comes out for nostalgia. Also intend to replay Darksiders 1 and 2 HD before I start Darksiders 3 which is being made as we speak. (These games would be perfect if they release to Switch. All the last gen stuff should be ported to it so you can play on the go)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Games in your library you haven't started and intend to play. Feel free to give advice as to order of preference. List 'em.

My current:

Binary Domain
Batman Arkham City
Deadly Premonition
DreadOut
Far Cry 3
Firewatch
Gone Home
Hotline Miami
Life Is Strange
Outlast
This War of Mine
Transistor
Far Cry 3 should be the first one you knock out just for the crazy villain at the start of the game alone. Didn't that guy end up on Breaking Bad or something after he got noticed for his stuff in FC3? I think him and the bad guy with glasses in the 80s Robocop movie are the creepiest bad guys in game/movies. Clarence Bodicar would probably win in a outcrazy contest though.
"Bitches Leave!" - best line ever
"Problem. Cops don't like me, so I don't like cops. Na Na Na Na Na, NA NA NA NA NA NE NAAA." Blam! "Well give the man a hand!" (after shooting arm off) - 2nd best line ever

Hopefully the guy in FC3 makes a return for Far Cry 5. (as a different character)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Elf, Tekken 7 is a rip off but fucking awesome. The deluxe version has so many costume customization options (animal heads and colour options too) that online is just madness; you run into some really creative stuff. I've put more time than I'd like to admit into playing with my tekken dolls, ha. The online community is really thriving, I have spotted so many regular SFV players in the ozhadou group playing this instead. I hope, for your sake, it hasn't faded by the time you get on board. I do not regret this purchase.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm currently downloading Tekken 7 deluxe.

4K superior PC version for me!

:suicide: GameHED :suicide:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Thanks for the impressions Boomy. I look forwards to your thoughts aswell Candy.
So many good impressions of T7. Arrrgghhhh. I don't need this pressure! :P
I can see me caving when I'm on E3 holidays next week.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Games in your library you haven't started and intend to play. Feel free to give advice as to order of preference. List 'em.

My current:

Binary Domain
Batman Arkham City
Deadly Premonition
DreadOut
Far Cry 3
Firewatch
Gone Home
Hotline Miami
Life Is Strange
Outlast
This War of Mine
Transistor
Far Cry 3 is unbelievably good. You need to get on that, stat.

This War of Mine is brilliant, but it'll make you feel like necking yourself after a while. It really gets to you.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is pretty damn great.

Gone Home. Ehhhhhhhh I didn't like it, and I felt completely ripped off by the sudden, anticlimactic ending.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Forgot to add Alien Isolation to my list.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I'm still chipping away at Alien Isolation since it released in 2014. Man that game overstays it's welcome come the later half.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

unfnknblvbl wrote:Far Cry 3 is unbelievably good. You need to get on that, stat.
Does FC3 save games the way Blood Dragon does? Predicting yes, wishing no.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Heaps.

But the two main ones are MGS 5 and Witcher 3. Waiting for boneX for the latter.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

t0mby wrote:I'm still chipping away at Alien Isolation since it released in 2014. Man that game overstays it's welcome come the later half.
Yeah heard that and it will probably mean there's always a couple of games ahead on the list.

Meanwhile I've leaned you can quick save FC3/Blood Dragon when out on the field tooling around. I was playing Blood Dragon on the weekend, collected a bunch of stuff, saved along the way via the menu, got one-shotted by a laser shooting large animal and the game loaded back at the mission hub. Fuck that.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

If you like FC3 you might also like 4 as well. You get grapplehook in that. (this is the hilly terrain game like Skyrim)

FC3 however has the better antagonist. Still haven't played FC Primal yet. Anyone else gotten through it yet?
I think the next step after Far Cry 5 is going to be playing as an alien that is dumped onto other planets and you must hunt other alien species down similar to the theme in Predators. You have spear, boomerang, and shoulder plasmacannon and you sneak by going invisible to hide. They've done everything already. Nothing is going to top 5 because it will be Red Dead Redemption for the FC series. They will have to change the setting to get people to notice like they did with Primal.
They can't dare put in muslim cults or they will get bombed. That's why they have to go after christian cults in 5 to attack murica. I feel sorry for the french. Le Penn losing means doom. Rednecks might even boycott the game but if they make sure to not attack christianity itself, (just the extreme cults that formed around it) they should be fine.

There are many cults with abuse and this is the theme they need to focus on: killing the leaders of the brainwashing not the people who are victims of the cults. If you were born into one, your options are limited since you can't escape it if you are not in power to break out.
Read the book by Misty Griffin "Tears of the Silenced" to educate yourself about these cults and warn your kids to keep away from them. Evil is in all the organised religions. (not just cults)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbbQSqu2ihM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (second guest)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:
unfnknblvbl wrote:Far Cry 3 is unbelievably good. You need to get on that, stat.
Does FC3 save games the way Blood Dragon does? Predicting yes, wishing no.
Umm... probably? It's not too bad though, since the game is simply so enjoyable to just wander around in. Never really got into Blood Dragon.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars