NRL 2K17 - Boncos star on drug charges

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: NRL 2K17 - QLD are the wanker

Post by Candy Arse »

Thank you Parra for easing my pain tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

So how good is Moylan at 5/8th?

2 games in his stats are

2 tries
3 linebreaks
205m gained
3 try assists
4 linebreak assists

The more he gets the ball the better he is.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Candy Arse wrote::suicide:
:lol: :lol: at least the Eels had the decency to give up early and save me watching the whole game :up:
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Tim Glasby :rollin:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

I wont laugh at a Queensland selection until after the game. They have selected some real average names before that turned out to be terrific for them.

Glasby is not a big name. But he's part of the best team and Storm players tend to Be the best at doing what the coach picked them to do.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Te Maire-Martin officially released to Cowboys.

Latest rumour is that he was the reason Trent Merrin split with his missus and it explains the terrible form Merrin was in. And how the team looked like anything but a team.

The official word is 'form'. But there were much worse players than TMM.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: NRL 2K17 - The Green Empire Strikes Back

Post by Madmya »

I'm glad you brought this up, mx.
Madmya wrote:You'd have to offload a player *cough* TMM *cough*.
Looks like they might have been interested in a half earlier this year after all *cough* Hunt *cough*.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

How does that logic make any sense to you? Why would we release him 6 months after missing out onthe player you said we would release him to sign? We never wanted Hunt and all this shows is how bad our salary cap is right now.

The cap is going to be considerably less than Panthers planned for next year. We planned for a $10m cap. The proposed cap is $9.1m and we are over that. We are releasing players to stay under the cap. As i said earlier in the year, we have never been in a position to sign big name player. But under your logic releasing players somehow means we were wanting to sign a $1m a year player? :lol:

We want to extend Dylan Edwards and Corey Harawira-Naera. To do so we need to get rid of a few players to upgrade them this year and extend those contracts.

TMM doesnt allow that. But it gives us a top 25 spot for CHN. Releasing Hiku to Warrington Wolves gives us an extra $200k this year and $400k next year though. That gives us breathing room to keep them. But doesnt put us in position to sign new players. Sadly we can only sign minimum wage players to compliment the roster we have. That's how the salary cap works for teams that aren't the Broncos or Roosters.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Eels 8)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You're right mx, all the rumours of Panthers trying to sign Hunt because TMM is out of favour at the club was all a big coincidence.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

There was one rumour made up by the media and the Panthers denied it. Thats the end of the story.

We were rumoured to be after Cooper Cronk also and we denied that. Thats the end of that story.

How hard is it to understand there's a salary cap and that Panthers are nowhere near being able to sign players like that? We need to release players to get our existing roster under the cap. We aren't the Broncos. We dont cheat.

You also dont understand that TMM was released long after Hunt is locked up with Dragons. How exactly does releasing him now help? Can we go nack in time and sign Hunt now?

Panthers were budgeting for a $10m salary cap. Same as a few other teams. NRL came back way below that figure and teams who had entire rosters signed need to make them salary cap compliant.

Obviously that is a foreign concept to you. But to most teams that means you need to shed a few players. Or negotiate new contracts. Once Hiku is gone, our next step is negotiating new contracts with young players.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Golden point scorer Brodie Croft was born in 1997. Let that one sink in for a moment. Not long until the 2000 babies emerge.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Rather than rumours. Heres an article quoting our CEO:

TE MAIRE Martin and Peta Hiku being moved on from Penrith before the June 30 deadline will allow the club to register new deals for young guns Corey Harawira-Naera and Dylan Edwards.

Martin is expected to depart as early as Saturday to link with North Queensland while Hiku is close to making a move to Super League club Warrington.

Both players had another year remaining on their deals but struggled to lock down starting spots.

Panthers boss Brian Fletcher confirmed Martin was switching to the Cowboys while Hiku was close to sealing an overseas move.

Hiku, a New Zealand international who inked a three-year deal after being cut loose by Manly while on tour with the Kiwis at the end of 2015, was understood to be one of the highest-paid players at Penrith.

Fletcher said not only would the double exit guarantee the Panthers would not be over the proposed $9.1 million salary cap for 2018, but it would also allow them to lock up Harawira-Naera and Edwards.

Harawira-Neara has a two-year deal waiting to be rubber-stamped by the NRL, while Penrith want to retain Edwards until at least the end of 2020.

“Te Maire and Peta were both signed with us until next year, but they have been able to get deals which are better for them,’’ Fletcher said.

“What it does for us is make it easier to start negotiations with a player like Dylan Edwards and try to extend him. He’s signed until the end of 2018, but we want him longer.

‘’We haven’t got any pressure at all as far as the salary cap is concerned — we haven’t got a problem in the world.’’

Edwards has won plenty of admirers at Penrith after aiming up in the No.1 jersey since skipper Matt Moylan’s recent shift to five-eighth.

Moylan’s successful switch spelt the end of Martin’s slim hopes of returning to first grade.

Hiku struggled to retain a spot in the outside backs this season on the comeback trail from an ACL injury.

Penrith have every other player on their roster signed beyond this season, with most of their local big guns, including Moylan and the injured Bryce Cartwright, on contracts until the end of 2021.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 8f5ca71002" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is all about retaining what we have and remaining cap compliant. Edwards has lept TMM for an NRL spot. So he gets priority.

I expect that Sam Mckendry will be shopped around too. Hes on reasonable money and taking up our long serving player allowance that can go to Moylan soon.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Golden point scorer Brodie Croft was born in 1997. Let that one sink in for a moment. Not long until the 2000 babies emerge.
Same year that Panthers first choice halfback was born.

Nathan Cleary was born 14th November 1997.
Brodie Croft was born 14th July 1997.

Need to be 18 to debut, so we might see our first 2000s player next year.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

mxlegend99 wrote:How hard is it to understand there's a salary cap and that Panthers are nowhere near being able to sign players like that? We need to release players to get our existing roster under the cap. We aren't the Broncos. We dont cheat.
Hence why they missed out on Hunt's signature and the Dragons did not - couldn't afford him. It's pretty simple.

It's okay dude, the offer the Panthers put forward was probably a realistic value so at least they're not as desperate as the Dragons.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I don't get the argument. Even if Penrith DID want to sign Hunt, if I were a Panthers fan I'd be delighted they didn't!
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

He's delusional in thinking we ever wanted him. The club shot down that rumour and thats the end of the story. 15 clubs fans were happy when he signed with Dragons.

We're releasing players now to get our current squad under the cap for 2018 and this Einstein connects that to us having wanted Ben Hunt 6 months ago. But as i said at the time, we were never in a position to make him an offer so obviously the rumour was bullshit.

I wish we were in the position he thought we were though. Would be nice if we had a spare $1m per season. The upside though is that the salary cap struggles have forced out Peta Hiku. Thats almost as good as signing Cooper Cronk would be.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Golden point scorer Brodie Croft was born in 1997. Let that one sink in for a moment. Not long until the 2000 babies emerge.
god I feel old :(
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Nick cotric from the Raiders was born 18/11/1998.

I think he is the youngest.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Candy Arse wrote:I don't get the argument. Even if Penrith DID want to sign Hunt, if I were a Panthers fan I'd be delighted they didn't!
It's just really amusing that he can't entertain the idea that it might be true. No! We did not try to sign Hunt!!
mxlegend99 wrote:The club shot down that rumour and thats the end of the story.
:lol: !
mxlegend99 wrote:We're releasing players now to get our current squad under the cap for 2018 and this Einstein connects that to us having wanted Ben Hunt 6 months ago.
So which is it, is TMM sent packing due to cap pressure or because he had an affair with a player's partner?

I made no such connection, the internet did. The rumours were circulating 6 months ago that TMM was out of favour and they had a crack at Hunt, who instead copped a much better offer from the Dragons. TMM now being offloaded strengthens that rumour.

Just say it - "it may be true". Do it!
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:We're releasing players now to get our current squad under the cap for 2018 and this Einstein connects that to us having

So which is it, is TMM sent packing due to cap pressure or because he had an affair with a player's partner?.
Its both.

Players need to be cut. He put his name on the list. If he didn't get on the wrong side of his teammates he keeps the #6 jersey, Moylan remains fullback and Dylan Edwards is the one leaving.
I made no such connection, the internet did. The rumours were circulating 6 months ago that TMM was out of favour and they had a crack at Hunt, who instead copped a much better offer from the Dragons. TMM now being offloaded strengthens that rumour.
How exactly does it strengthen the rumour? Ben Hunt is digned sith Dragons. Has been for months. Releasing TMM now has literally no possible way to change that fact.

Gus has freely admitted when we have tried to get a player and missed out. Many times. Why would this case suddenly be different?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It's okay, mx, sit down and put an ice pack on your head. Shhhhhhhh *cradles mx*.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

mxlegend99 wrote:Nick cotric from the Raiders was born 18/11/1998.

I think he is the youngest.
Yep, Ponga was the other one I was thinking of but he's March 30, 1998
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:rollin: Glasby :rollin:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

This is some bullshit, twice in a row our chasers are blatantly taken out... I know the refs put the whistle away in origin but that's crap.