Street Fighter V - the best fighting game now even better!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Re: Street Fighter V - the best fighting game now even bette

Post by Twiztid Elf »

GameHED wrote: I can hear this hum noise too mostly during night when it is silent. vvvwoom vvvoom vvwoom sounds like a harley davidson growling.

If you guys hear the hum let me know.
I've definitely heard it a few times. Really early in the morning between 3 and 6am. At first I thought I was getting tinnitus, but I never hear it at any other time during the day, even when it's silent.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

There's a free beta of this on steam available to play today until the 4th of April, to test out new netcode or something. Don't know the specifics but I'm going to give it a try.

Copy paste from steam
Hello again Online World Warriors!
This is a reminder that today marks the beginning of the new Capcom Fighters Network PC Beta Test. Players will be able to help test out the new CFN servers and get a preview of the upcoming Season 2 Balance Updates. For full details on both, check out our previous blogposts here[www.capcom-unity.com] and here[www.capcom-unity.com]. Once again, this new beta test will be limited to Steam users only, but will be completely FREE to play for both current and new players.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Can I really not choose my character before a fight outside of "Battle Lounge"? (besides changing my "favourite character") It's getting frustrating.
Also, hard to find a match, ESPECIALLY for a free beta :?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Candy Arse > :suicide:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Anyone else watching Evo?

Tekken7 and Smash were great, but this is on the next level. Awesome stuff. That 'Gief play.....
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

You know I am - I hope Itazan wins the whole thing, watching high level Zangief play is so enjoyable. He downloaded Moke in their set just now.

Also crossing my fingers for Super SF5 + Sagat announcement after the tournament...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Welp there goes Itazan, but that set with Tokido was fucking sick. Super aggressive play from both!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Yeah, sad to see gief out.
Hope Akuma gets this. I don't want to see Cammy in the GF.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Fuck Tokido went on an absolute tear! Ripped through Kazunoko and basically downloaded Punk who was the favourite going into the tournament. Complete rampage!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Yep. I would have preferred to have seen a closer battle there. What a rout.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Why is "downloaded" being used in this context? Is this how the kids are talking now?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Downloaded has been an FGC term for quite some time now.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

It's YOLO and REKT for the FGC generation. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Whoa Abigail looks like a mutant from a battletoads or teenage mutant ninja turtle game:
Seriously they should have made his body morph when he gets super angry like in Final Fight. His body should turn red and he punches you into the wall then you bounce and then he grabs you mid air winds up his fist juggernaut style and then punches you down into the ground head first (think of it like overhead slam in tennis) and then finally piledrives you after you bounce off the ground. Abigail was the only guy in final fight that didn't use the tit bash move and instead chooses punches. Since he can grab from distance this made him extremely cheap if you didn't have a melee weapon like a sword or pipe in final fight.

Good to see they will put in Guy's ninja teacher from SF Alpha (according to eurogamer, might be fake news)

Capcom is making everyone so bulky and heavy. I guess this is an over-reaction to SF3 Third Strike having such a skinny guy (Remy) in it so now they are overdoing it with body proportions by going all gears of war on them lol The wierd thing is I didn't like how skinny Gen appeared in SF4 and thought they made him too weak looking like a frail old guy instead of a elite killer with beefy body who has powerful explosive moves. (the only tradeoff being he is short but flexible like an acrobat) Someone needs to be in charge of controlling how exaggerated capcom is allowed to make things. Once the size gets too ridiculous it makes the game a bit too hard to take seriously imo

He is the strongest boss in Final Fight so I suppose they wanted to make something so intimidating that you'd think Hugo was little guy in relation to him. (he could be considered the king of that Andores family in Final Fight)

edit:

people in the comments section are fucking funny:
Chris Ross12 hours ago
No Sagat, No Blanka, No Dee Jay, No Fei Long, No T. Hawk, No Rolento, No Guy, No Cody, No Sodom, No Yun/Yang, No Dudley, No Sakura, No Hugo, And No other characters that deserve to be in this game.... But yet we get a cannibalistic Samoan, a A Kim Kardashian looking BJJ chick with giant boobs, a Russian ice manipulator, Ed who has to be the most lamest character to date, An Arabic wind manipulator which I love how Crapcom decided to unveil him on 9/11.... Real tasteful guys!, and now we get this monstrosity..........

Someone at Capcom needs to get fired for these decisions....
arabic wind manipulator revealed on 911.. hahaha The barbarian guy you have to admit was fucking cool. It's the ultimate Warrior without the license. More stuff like that is needed.

I think capcom should put in one joke character: A midget who dresses like Viewtiful Joe and fights really well. I want to see a midget beating up full size characters like Abigail.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

So arcade edition is out in the wild with decent enough content for me to jump in. I picked up the deluxe version which includes the season 3 pass.

Did some training and arcade mode last night, it plays really well, the same street fighter we know and love but it definitely feels more lenient in links/combos which is a good thing imo. Haven't totally got my head around the vtrigger mechanic, it's like max mode in kof but there are some differences since extra moves are tied to it.

Looks and runs great on PC, I have it running at 4k ultra running solid 60 no problems. Did hit an interesting snag though with controllers, if you have xbox controller emulation setup in steam big picture it doesn't work in SFV. I had to use this to get UMvC3 to recognise my sticks, but clearly SFV must detect the controller device is a software driver/wrapper not a physical device, guessing they did this to stop hacks.

It is a little jarring though seeing FTP mechanics like locking stages behind FM, I like the killer instinct season model, better than buying the whole game in "ultra/super" editions like the past. But I think capcom has gone too far in some areas.

I can see Candy and Boomy own this on steam, look forward to trying out some online matches with you guys and any other ranchers that play it on PS4. I can see Candy has put in over 200hrs on it, so it's going to be an interesting schooling. :D

FYI greenmangaming still has 25% off PC games, you can get the the deluxe for $52US.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

If this was what Capcom released day 1, people would have lost their minds.

Unfortunately Capcom nerfed my main character, Balrog, into the grave with AE. He's so much worse now I have to find a new character and Sagat won't be available until the end of the year so good times.

Happy to play any time of course.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

You were doing great smashing me with mika, I'm excited for Sagat too, actually that's what got me off the fence, his return. The roster looks pretty good now.

Nash is fun, I want to main him for a bit because I've never really invested in him in prior SF games and he feels quick with good damage and pokes. Just learning some better AA strats for him now, forgot how aggressive cross ups are in SF, the jumping attack game in KOF is really different, different jumps and harder to crossup.

Not having much trouble finding ranked matches, moved up to bronze already, lag teleporting can be an issue though, I was reading people are having more issues with the AE update with regard to netcode stability.

In terms of online though, SF is pretty much the only active game out, KOF is dead, MvC is dead too. Tekken7 has a good online presence, but I've never been into that style of play much, Geese in it is awesome though.

The arcade mode in this is quite pointless though, the story mode is good for some fight money though, doing that for each character levels them to 8 and gives all the fight money for each char lvl. Definitely worthwhile doing for each character for new owners, they're short(3-4 fights) and net easy money.

This might explain the lag people are seeing.
It may not be ports or internet connection at all. The ps4 in various builds of this game has dropped frames on certain high light/shadow stages. If the two games desync in frames (60 vs a couple 59s) the player with 60 frames will start to get rollback to drop down to the player who is behind, since that player cannot artificially be made to speed up. The game doesn't resync the frames until the end of the round. I'm sure lots of people's PC's drop frames too.
I noticed this because my afterburner overlay is saying the game is rendering at 60fps but I notice the gameplay is 30fps like the game is internally slowing down and showing dupe frames.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Arcade modes are meaningless now - these games make their money from people like me who attend tournaments and buy all the DLC.

The people who cry about arcade modes aren't the ones keeping the game viable long-term. So a good/bad/no arcade mode = meh for what actually is most important about a fighting game.

Nash was really REALLY good in Season 1 of SF5, they nerfed the shit out of him for Season 2 so over time we'll see where he lands now in Season 3.

I grinded out a lot of matches online last night with Zangief and his new V-Trigger. It's like he has 2 supers per round now thanks to that. He's really quite good now.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Speaking of free to play, it might be good for them to just go with that model.

But you can sell characters on a second hand virtual shop (if capcom try to nerf them too much that the overall balance is shit) to others if you need only ones that interest you.

The reason people get angry originally is because other fighting games have so much content. To combat that, let people play for free but for new characters they buy them yet have option to sell characters they were not interested in owning. This way capcom can't get away with deliberately making new characters overpowered on purpose to encourage people to buy them.

By letting us trade old ones it ensures they keep the balance of the game intact. And people will reward capcom for not neglecting to adjust the old content when they add new stuff by holding on to them. It would go in the best interests of players and might mean less money for capcom but the game would maintain balace and reach more people. The fear is that companies will just give new character too much power to pressure competitive player to buy them without thought of balance. That's one of the worries. But if you can trade old for new in an instance where you wish to save then it forces them not to favour new characters over old ones by giving new chars the advantage as a sales strategy. In other words if say a poor guy can only afford 16 characters or something then he can still only have to hold onto 16 by trading the characters he likes without buying everything as an option. This will eliminate the excuse to whine about poor value in future, and ensure capcom balance testers are kept honest, plus boost the quality of the experience as they can't just make new characters powerful over old ones to persuade people to buy more than they'd need.

There will always be the perception that anytime new content is created it is a case of giving the rich guy a pathway to 'pay to win' because they have the ability to get more stuff and then capcom will favour the rich guy over the poor guy by making newer characters a litle bit better in power level over a old character. This system I propose eliminates that fear. People are stingy. So you do this kind of stuff to reassure them that you will keep the balance testing high anytime new characters are created so that older characters relative to the new characters are balanced enough to make the game fair. (ie by giving them the option to trade in access to older character to a newer one if they can only afford a certain number of them. By doing this you can reach more customers because you give the poor guy encouragement to still play with limited number of characters and the knowledge that he can buy only what he needs. ie More flexibility. Season pass thing should just be done away with and you as the customer should just be given full control over what you buy on a per character basis just like you can with music these days where you are not forced to buiy a whole album if you don't want to and can just get the one or two good songs if you wish to save money and avoid waste. I think this idea is the future. You get the poor guy with lots of free time on his hands the ability to try everything while he lives in his mom's basement playing 24/7, the rich guy who has loads of money to spend buying everything you make, .....but you avoid the problem of critics saying that capcom is giving the buyer bad value and not offering much flexibility. And also you avoid the criticism that balance is ruined everytime new shit is bolted on top of the already balanced core of the game. (by letting people trade out the characters they can no longer use effectively after a change is made that affects their performance in competitive play)

Fuck money. Make good games and then money will come to you. It's all about value. You don't see people complain about nintendo having DLC tracks for Mario Kart 8 and how Mario Kart 8DX is just the same game with a new battle mode? As long as game is good I think that's more important than money at this point. You can get money without angering value-conscious people. It's only going to get more competitive from here on as expectations of fans keep growing just like how movies today need bigger budgets just to get people to go to theatres than in the past as expectations grow bigger.. If you give them less they will notice this. Same deal with racing sims.. You either offer better stuff than the competition, or you give them more value by undercutting the competition on price. Or just offer more flexible payment options so they can save money on shit they don't need. Then as you reach more people, you reap the benefits in getting more people to play actively. (so many online games these days competing for attention)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Thoughts from a guy too scared to play. Good one CrackHED :lol:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Still trying to get my head around the frame timing/countering in this game. It gets frustrating trying to counter things you think you can but can't, there is more input delay in this SFV, so reacting to onscreen action leaves in you a 6-7 frame disadvantage, I can't help but feel there is a kinda timing feel that just comes with experience, you just got to get better at reading people at higher levels.

I still crumble under pressure because I miss the counter ops or counter with slow startup moves and good players just know how to pressure you with safe move loops and meatys. Its interesting playing ranked matches, upper bronze you notice people have a good handle on these timings/frame data. I discovered using the training data overlay is good for finding the moves you should counter with discovering the windows you can counter, that's handy. It would be nice if they showed the hitboxes, I found that really interesting in killer instinct, great feature.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The training mode for this game now has been really upgraded in terms of showing you frame advantage/disadvantage on hit/block. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to figure out punishes etc.

Yeah there is a certain timing to this game, it's different to SF4 but once you get the hang of it...it's pretty easy. In terms of inputs the game is much more friendly than SF4.

The meta of this game seems to be where it relies less on you being an execution god, and more about being able to read your opponent, take calculated risks and now in AE it wants you to win the neutral game.

Make no mistake there is still technical ability required particularly knowing when/what/how to punish certain moves etc.

If they added hitboxes it would be the best training mode you could ask for. KI is indeed still the best...by the way lestat if you have KI on Steam we can play any time, I fucken love that game.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I agree with the timing comment, I think with easier links too you can get a barrage of hits you normally didn't get in SF4 due to it being quite difficult to do.

I have the play anywhere version of KI(xbox/winstore), I believe some modes work in cross play with the steam version.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Candy Arse wrote:Arcade modes are meaningless now - these games make their money from people like me who attend tournaments and buy all the DLC.
The people who cry about arcade modes aren't the ones keeping the game viable long-term. So a good/bad/no arcade mode = meh for what actually is most important about a fighting game.
I've been meaning to reply in this thread, so while I'm logged on and all.
I both agree and disagree. I definitely see your point.
But for a filthy casual like me, I picked up the PS4 version a ways back and didn't like it at all.
This new Arcade version patch is frikken awesome. I've been playing a fair bit and loving it just fucking around in Arcade mode.
More single player content really makes it shine for me.

It feels a lot smoother like you guys are saying. I've actually been maining Ken and find him more enjoyable than Ryu - Yes, I hate myself for this.
And the few times I've been online in low-elo, I've managed to pull a few wins.
Blanka coming sometime soon has spiked my interest. As long as they don't fuck him up, I can't wait to start smashing fools.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I agree elf, you still need an arcade mode, people still like to play around with unfamiliar characters and fuck around with the AI.

I'm finding that if you want to practice offline too, the AI on normal settings is a push over, ramping it up to level 8, the AI starts playing properly and is good conditioning for learning to block links and meaties that people do online.

I've learned that SF5 is very much a turn style fighter, the counter/crush system really punishes the defender for trying to counter to early, there is some knowledge required in learning the +/- frame move data to know when it's your turn to counter, also knowing what's your goto counter move. Feels really deep because of that.

pm your cfn id, we'll have a few friendlies.