Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Observer

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Rutger, synthesisers, sci-fi, horror. It's reviewing well so on the list it must go.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Observer

Post by GameHED »

I'll never trust computers ever again. They just get scarier as we get closer to the Blade Runner vision of synthetic people that are better than us at everything and cause us to become prostitutes to earn enough money to buy food to live. (ie in other words what happns right now in venezuela) Soon we will all be living in the swerers like the Morlocks from the X-men comics (the ugly mutants) as Sentinels patrol the city trying to capture us for experiments for the crazy scientists who want to rule over society.

Good game. I like the 80s dystopian feel to it. The recent Judge Dredd movie was great. Hopefully this game goes back to the time when technology was oppressive and alleys were dark like in the Terminator and robots were insane because they can't conform to their original programming anymore after seeing humans having all the fun while machines slave in the mines and do the shit jobs. (similar to feminists today who use men as utilities) .

Would love to see a really good Terminator game set in the future before the humans time travelled to present. One thing I miss was how scary sci-fi horror movies used to be. It's because people think computers are going to be used for good when in fact they are not. Most of the scientists made them to oppress people and for military applications before it trickled down to consumer products. CERN invented your internet and now trying to open portals to free their god lucifer and once the code is cracked using Qauntum computers to break the seal open, you guys are fucked)

I want to kill computers now. What is going to happen when google makes the AI smart enough to create triple A games? The programmers will revolt and we will see a nerd war between human vs robot and the robots will think faster and run society more efficiently while humans will bitch about not getting paid to do things for free while the robots laugh at how they don't even need to sleep. Elon Musk is full of shit. He reckons the only way to adapt is if we implant the technology inside our brains which attaches itself to our brainstem to keep up with the automated systems (kind of like transforming ourselves into Cable in the X-men comics but willingly doing it) to survive. No the only way is to create backup systems to restrict their ability. Like self destruct system inside that breaks itself when it gets too dangerous. (think of it like computer virus that acts as an aging mechanism for the robots. This lets you restrain dangerous behaviors and limit it to certain time limit. Humans and robots then have equal rights. If the creators are doomed then robots have to be too. This will keep balance so the superior workers can't enslave society costing people their freedoms just because they are boring people with no lives.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Eurogamer review:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... ver-review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

recommended means 3 out of 4

ACG:
acg = fastest motherfucking reviewer out there. His energy must come from feeding on the dead fetuses of lesbian vampires that aborted their babies after a pack of thirsty werewolves gang raped her before the monster detectives could catch him in the act and record him on camera going back to human mode to prove he bought and ate it . He's a beast. The guy never sleeps. The commodore 64 can't keep up with him anymore. Hopefully youtube doesn't censor him like all the other channels and remove videos at random because the bots think he is a nazi that works for the russians funded by pewdiepie who is thought to have hacked all the elections to make trump win. This guy doesn't make money from ads so I guess he is safe from censorship since he can't be considered unsafe for the companies that would have usually sponsored the reviews if he had made it an ad-supported channel. Blacklisting really only hurts the channels that rely on youtube to make a living which I think this guy doesn't rely on. (could be a cyborg built by google as experiment)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I bought Observer System Redux on EGS (same as original but with RT reflections, HDR and some enhanced gameplay). I've used this version for my first playthrough of the game. I'm really enjoying it. It takes a bit of time to settle into one of these adventure style experiences but as I'm progressing some more gameplay interaction and stealth is unfolding. I like that they've modelled arms, legs and torso in the first person view. Always appreciate that in any first person perspective game. Rutger Hauer talks a lot and as a fan it's great to hear him in deliver one of his swansong performances. An experience like this needs an interesting story with amazing visuals and sound and Observer is delivering. Nice Cyberpunk entree before CP77.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Never even heard of this, or I ignored the thread when it was first created, but either way, sounds interesting and the reviews are generally quite favourable. Will check this out after Cyberpunk.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.