Scorpio / Xbox One X

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: Scorpio / Xbox One X

Post by Froggy »

I don't think it's a worry. Target are very specific now and have been for 24 months with their entertainment business, they get in only titles that they think they will sell in volume and then price them aggressively from the go and then discount them aggressively to move stock. I always go there now when a new release due to this strategy so with the xbox one x I reckon they got stuck on the PS4 Pro not selling and don't want to back in something that might also end up being in inventory for a long time, they also are much more aligned to Sony with their strategy anyway due to userbase.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

The superior showing of the one x spurred me to buy a samsung 82inch 4k HDR set over the weekend.

Image But I forgot to check prices at target first, damn it!
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Jasper wants to know if you can give him the box it came with? He's also looking to upgrade.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Some of you are so fucking stupid! :down:

MOST Australians purchase videogames and videogame systems from the likes of Target and Big W. Not just because they happen to be Australia's largest department stores, but because they also spend more on advertising and offer the most competitive prices.

The fact that Target (also possibly Big W as they won't confirm if they are selling it) are refusing to sell Xbox One X is FUCKING MASSIVE!!! It shows that Australia's largest department store has no faith whatsoever in it succeeding, and like I said...the only other gaming system in approximately the last 25 years that Target refused to sell was the PS Vita. :shock:

This also means that Xbox One X owners are going to be indefinitely screwed when it comes to competitive pricing for hardware and accessories. There's absolutely no fucking need for the likes of EB Games to reduce prices or offer decent bundles - if most stores aren't even selling the damn Xbox One X. :cry:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Mate, target was selling so little in video games that they changed their entire strategy on it about 24 months ago, so no Targets not on the high up list, Kmart, Myer and DJs gave up altogether because most Australian's go to JB, EB etc.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Mate, you're talking out of your arse. :roll:

I understand...you are a massive xbot, so it's a hard pill for you to swallow that Australia's largest department store who have a long and rich history of selling videogames/videogame systems (and offering fantastic discounts) want absolutely nothing to do with Xbox One X. :cry:

If you think that most aussies are rushing into an EB Games or JB-HiFi to buy videogames and videogames systems...you are delusional. It's the likes of Target & Big W who spend the most money on advertising these products in their widely weekly circulated catalogue advertising, and it's these two stores who purchase more stock (and are therefore able to offer discount pricing).

Target is still VERY much heavily involved in selling videogames and videogame systems...just check out this week's Target catalogue below! Take a good look, because it's these sorts of fantastic bundles and discount pricing that xbots like YOU will be missing out on, and having to deal with the cunts over at EB Games ripping you off because of a lack of competition from other stores.... :lol:

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Preorders are sold out Jasper, quite possibly they're not stocking because they're not getting any units from MS in the first place.

Preorders at amazon have already outsold ps4 pro ytd, I expect supplies to be limited until early next year.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

are u retarded?
Froggy wrote: I always go there now when a new release
So no I'm not missing out on their dwindling range. In fact that page backs up my point on their strategy, only selling stuff they can move quickly which means stocking hardly any Nintendo gear, especially how they got stuck with Wii U's they couldn't move and now Switches collecting dust.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

lestat wrote:Preorders are sold out Jasper, quite possibly they're not stocking because they're not getting any units from MS in the first place.

Preorders at amazon have already outsold ps4 pro ytd, I expect supplies to be limited until early next year.
I was gonna just go in a store and buy one but this news makes me think again about it. Hrmm don't want to pre-order when there's no pre-order bonus though.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

lestat wrote:Preorders are sold out Jasper, quite possibly they're not stocking because they're not getting any units from MS in the first place.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, that's the reason why Target aren't selling the Xbox One X. Because there's no stock left for Target!!! :wanker:

As for Xbox One X's ranking on amazon's best selling list for 2017....it's best ranking was No.52! :cry:

You wanna know what's been amazon's best selling videogame system and best (plus second best) selling videogame of 2017? 8)

You also wanna know what game has sold more pre-orders on amazon v.s Xbox One X console pre-orders? 8)

Furthermore, not only has Super Mario Odyssey pre-sold more than Xbox One X, but Super Mario Odyssey has pre-sold more copies than the total number of Xbox One/Xbox One S consoles sold so far in 2017 on amazon!!! :lol:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

if xbox only had 4 games a couple of months after launch no doubt each game would sell a lot too
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Yep, that's the reason why games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sold so damn well. It has nothing to do with the fact that the game is phenomenal, and is so damn good that it has more perfect scores than any game in MetaCritic history! :roll:

ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD SETS METACRITIC RECORD FOR MOST AMOUNT OF PERFECT SCORES

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a monumental achievement for Nintendo and video games in general. Critic agree, as the Metacritic data for the game just broke a record.

Breath of the Wild is now the game with the most perfect scores for a single game.

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:Yep, that's the reason why games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sold so damn well. It has nothing to do with the fact that the game is phenomenal
It's called "The Halo Effect" where a console launches with a "must have" title and then any future titles initially sell well as consumers are drip fed games. Nintendo stole the idea and perfected this technique.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Jasper wrote: Yep, that's the reason why Target aren't selling the Xbox One X. Because there's no stock left for Target!!! :wanker:

As for Xbox One X's ranking on amazon's best selling list for 2017....it's best ranking was No.52! :cry:

You wanna know what's been amazon's best selling videogame system and best (plus second best) selling videogame of 2017? 8)

You also wanna know what game has sold more pre-orders on amazon v.s Xbox One X console pre-orders? 8)

Furthermore, not only has Super Mario Odyssey pre-sold more than Xbox One X, but Super Mario Odyssey has pre-sold more copies than the total number of Xbox One/Xbox One S consoles sold so far in 2017 on amazon!!! :lol:
You're comparing production of a mobile to chip to a 6TB flop monster with vapor phases change cooling and 384bit 12 layer motherboards. :lol:

Switch is having a good year, but next year will be great for xbox when XOX production ramps up and people lust at those superior 4k HDR titles.

The fact the initial production run has outsold it's direct competion (PS4 pro) is a great sign of things to come.

Now stop shitting up this thread and someone tell me where I can get a preorder!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

lestat wrote:next year will be great for xbox when XOX production ramps up and people lust at those superior 4k HDR titles.
Mark my words...Xbox One X will FAIL! :up:

Besides the fact that the XBOX brand is now a joke and most people have lost interest in it...the selling point of Xbox One X is 4K gaming even though only 5 percent of the population (in America) even own a 4K television! :lol:

But you keep jerking yourself off at the idea the Xbox One X is going to be a success! :redface:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:
lestat wrote:next year will be great for xbox when XOX production ramps up and people lust at those superior 4k HDR titles.

Besides the fact that the XBOX brand is now a joke and most people have lost interest in it...the selling point of Xbox One X is 4K gaming even though only 5 percent of the population (in America) even own a 4K television! :lol:

But you keep jerking yourself off at the idea the Xbox One X is going to be a success! :redface:
How much of the American population are gamers though because if it's 10% then that means 50% could own 4k tellies! We need accurate data Jasper, not figures covered in pubes cos you pulled them from your arse.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Jasper wrote:

I didn't own a 4k set, I just bought one, like t0mby said, gamers are early adopters of technology, how many will be spurred into action because the XOX is delivering a substantial upgrade and excellent results at 4k (ROTR).

The jerking off will be done in front of the screen, not looking at sales numbers Rocco. :D
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Oh yes...XBOX is such an incredibly powerful brand these days, that it has the strength to brainwash millions of people to rush out and spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on a brand new television (in addition to also spending $650 for a mid-cycle revision xbox console). :wanker:

Get a grip, lestat! The Xbox brand is absolutely dead in Japan and Europe and on life support in the USA!!! :cry:

In fact this year so far in America, Nintendo have pre-sold more copies of Super Mario Odyssey on amazon, than amazon have sold actual Xbox One and Xbox One S consoles! :redface:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Brands mean nothing these days gamers will buy the best hardware to play multiplats.

This is why the ps4 pro stumbled, it was a poorly executed upgrade and the specs of the XOX eclipsed it, I didn't bother with a pro because I knew XOX was coming.

Not surprised on Mario sales, it's the usual drip feed of nintendo exclusives with no third party, if you bought the system your choice for software is limited to nintendos own lineup.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-r ... ?t=2661822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep seeing threads like this popup at HT forums.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:Oh yes...XBOX is such an incredibly powerful brand these days, that it has the strength to brainwash millions of people to rush out and spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on a brand new television
Dunno where they're shopping but I got my 4K set nearly 2 years ago for $1500 from Harvey Norman so "thousands upon thousands" seems like a slight exaggeration, kinda like your gaming experience.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

t0mby wrote:
Jasper wrote:Oh yes...XBOX is such an incredibly powerful brand these days, that it has the strength to brainwash millions of people to rush out and spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on a brand new television
Dunno where they're shopping but I got my 4K set nearly 2 years ago for $1500 from Harvey Norman so "thousands upon thousands" seems like a slight exaggeration, kinda like your gaming experience.
:lol:
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

I got my sony 70" 4k set also 2 yrs ago this Christmas for under $3100 but need to upgrade this year to get the hdr option. I will wait again for the boxing day sales and grab a bargain.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

For those interested in playing the SUPERIOR version of Forza 7 on PC (vs. the INFERIOR version on a $650 mid cycle revision console...aka Xbox One X), Microsoft just announced a PC demo will be available and also the minimum PC requirements...
Forza 7 developer Turn 10 has posted updated minimum PC specifications for the game, and confirmed a long list of supported peripherals.

The developer announced at gamescom that it managed to optimise the engine enough to allow the game to run at 60fps on a wide range of PC hardware. This also resulted in lowering the recommended specs.

The minimum specs now start at an i5-750 and GT 740 / GTX 650 or FX-6300, whereas the recommend spec can run on an i5-4460 and GTX 670 / GTX 1050 Ti or FX-8350. The minimum specs get you 720p at 60fps, and the recommended specs are designed for 1080p 60fps.

If you’re aiming for 4K at 60fps, the ideal specs require an i7-6700K paired with a GTX 1080 or RX Vega 64. As far as PC features, the game includes a benchmark mode, support for 21:9 monitors, up to 8x MSAA and 16x AS, and unlocked frame-rate.

Turn 10 confirmed that, for the first time, PC players will get a demo of the game prior to release. The developer did not announce a date, and it didn’t say if the demo would launch on both platforms simultaneously.

Finally, over 30 PC controllers and racing wheels will be supported by the game at launch, including the DualShock 4 controller. Here they are:

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller
Microsoft Xbox One S/X Controller
Sony Dual Shock 4
Fanatec CSR
Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec ClubSport V2
Fanatec ClubSport V1
Fanatec CSL
Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
Logitech G29
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech G27
Logitech MOMO
Logitech G920
Thrustmaster RGT
Thrustmaster T100
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int
Thrustmaster T300 RS
Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T150 Pro
Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
Thrustmaster TX 458
Thrustmaster TX Leather
Thrustmaster 458 Spider
Thrustmaster TMX
Thrustmaster TMX Pro
Thrustmaster TS-Xbox
Mad Catz Pro

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/21/forza- ... confirmed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

This belongs in the master race thread.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

t0mby wrote:
I can pick one up from Betta Electrical for $850, including Tasmania Tax. And that's me not even looking around for deals.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars