Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Re: Pinball thread including shinies and balls and stuff

Post by Shaneus »

guttermouth wrote:I have played a few of Sterns new machines at local arcade and generally feel like cheap shit. Played the AC/DC machine and hated it. The whole build of the machines don't feel right, would hate to see what those cheaper machines are like. All their machines seemed to be Licensed crap. Luckily my local had had an Adams Family machine which I spent a few nights bashing it around and just found out my local Fish n Chip have Fish Tales, one of my favorite machines. Looking at buying a machine thinking about either Adams, Funhouse or Medieval Madness.
AC/DC as a game, is fucking great. But there's that feel that I thought would go away after a good run at the local Timezone, but it still feels really fucking cheap and tacky. Playfield artwork? Like it's from knockoff merchandise bought in Thailand. All the playfield plastics and shit feel hollow and the DMD is that horrible red colour which just burns my retinas. And wouldn't you believe it, but the solenoid or something has lost power in the cannon so it's basically impossible to make shots with it. As have the flippers, but they're not as bad.

At least the tilt is disabled, so you can smash the fuck out of the thing.

Sad thing is, is if it were made by Williams, it'd still have the same awesome layout, but the overall workmanship of the thing would be about 10 times better.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

The 3 Star Wars tables for Pinball FX are half price for the next couple of days.....400 points
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

Is that 400 points for all of them, or each?

And seriously, are they any good compared to actual tables, or are they a bit kiddy and shit?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Half price or something for PS+ users to.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

t0mby wrote:Half price or something for PS+ users to.
For PS+ users to what?
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Pinball fx tables.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Shaneus wrote:Is that 400 points for all of them, or each?

And seriously, are they any good compared to actual tables, or are they a bit kiddy and shit?

Yeah 400 for the 3.

Yeah there not as good compared to actual tables, pinball FX have some good tables, but they can be really a hit and miss. Haven't really played Em much yet, but 2 of Em are just ok. If your not sure toucan demo all the tables
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

Sounds fair. Toucanning away.

BTW, this is a pretty good thing. PAPA TV: Livestreaming Pinball Kickstarter
PAPA TV will broadcast live coverage of pinball tournaments with the professional quality of other sports, including multiple camera angles, live commentary, and interviews. With PAPA TV, we will create a highly visible and entertaining production, bringing pinball to a new and substantial audience worldwide.
To be honest, I'm just happy there's a KS out there that basically doesn't act like some fucking preorder service. You don't get a heck of a lot back physically for your investment, but knowing you contributed to getting the ball rolling on that sort of thing (pun intended) is a pretty cool thing.

It's free too, so it's not like you won't benefit if you don't put money into it.

These are from this year, and I think they're representative of the quality they were aiming for had they barely made their minimum. They've doubled that now, so it should be a shitload better:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

If darts can be televised and called a sport I can't see why pinball isn't given the same respect. If anything Pinball players are better athletes. Higher reflexes and hand eye coordination.

I'd watch it.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

Surprised this hasn't been posted in here already (surprised I hadn't posted it myself, TBH).

It's been slow going for a while, but they introduced a new tier which grants beta access to all future releases as well as offering downloads of the table for various platforms etc. I suspect it's more a thing to allow them to tip it over the edge if it's cutting it fine, I mean who's gonna pay four-hundo for that sort of thing? They also made "updates" to their last two kickstarters with a notification about this new one, so either one of or both of the above things gave it a good nudge yesterday but it's still looking like it'll be a close call.

So back the hell out of it, guys! It's an awesome, awesome game designed by Steve Ritchie who shits on all other table designers from a massive height. A few of his tables are already on TPA, such as Star Trek TNG and Firepower. Help make this the next one, because we might not have another chance to get it on there again:
FarSight has a very limited window with which to do T2. Waiting will not make the license cheaper, it will make it unavailable. There is another game company that has purchased the Terminator license for exclusivity. Their game is in development but has not been announced to the best of my knowledge. They paid HUGE dollars for this license. FarSight managed to sneak in do to the fact that theirs will not be a competing game, but once that other game is announced, all doors close. That is the reality of the situation. I completely agree that having the Steam and 360 stuff be available would have been ideal, but obviously the clock is ticking.

As to what will happen to the physical machine they have? C'mon, Jay obviously loves that thing. I think the mayor of Big Bear will just have a new toy!

I do think it's scary that the cost of the license is for Ah-nold and the name of T2. By the way, T5 is rolling forward too because I believe in 2018 the rights to the Terminator revert back to James Cameron. You'll remember he sold them to Gale Anne Hurd for $1 to get the first movie made. She also happened to be his wife at the time. So FarSight isn't the only company under the gun to get things with that license moving quickly.
That's from a poster (not an FS employee) on pinballarcadefans.com, which is about as detailed as you'll get as FS don't appear to be able to go into as specific details about the licensing.

Here's a PAPA 14 (from last year) tournament video of it:
And here's where the KS is currently. It looks like it's barely going to make it, so if you think you want it (or even want it in the future, as this'll be your only chance to assure it gets on there) back it!
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

Fuck yeah, motherfuckers.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Now I know why you wouldn't let me come round, you didn't want my score at the top.

Understandable bro. Disappointing, but understandable.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Finally!!!!!!!!

:up: :up:
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Arguably the greatest pinball ever made! My friends back in 94 used to own this machine and sold it for $600 when they got bored with it :(
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Indeed the greatest table EVER!!!!

Sold it for 600 bucks :shock:
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

yep i know! Only problem with it was it needed new rubbers and the ball return was a bit iffy.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Mate has been chasing one for a while now ranges from 4,000-12,000. The high end price has been the gold edition.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Not the gold edition but $6500 Ono.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Addams-Famil ... 994&_uhb=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Pinball FX3 is up for free now on PS4/XB1 - I'm not sure if it's also on PC?
As usual, it comes with Sorcerers Lair for free.
You can also import most of your tables from PFX2/Zen2 (the exception being tables with licensing issues).
RIGHTEOUS FURY
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I think it's on windows store on PC.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Downloading via Steam right now.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I've always wanted a Theater of Magic pinball machine. (I think that's the name). The layout and tricks are amazing.