Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Official Xbox One Thread | Official Console of the Ranch

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Call me silly, but I kinda miss grinding to get enough money for new cars like with GT2...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

You're silly.

:D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

It's 2013 again as Turn 10 do a 180.
VIP and Ultimate

Over the weekend we heard loud and clear from Ultimate Edition owners expressing frustration over the VIP membership offer in Forza Motorsport 7. We immediately updated the VIP description in the Windows Store to alleviate any future confusion. As head of the studio, I apologize for any confusion or frustration our players may have experienced.

Going forward, we will continue to ensure that Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs receive the most value for their VIP membership, including new experiences and great content. Starting today we’re sending all Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs three additional Forza Edition cars:

2016 Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7 Forza Edition
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Forza Edition
2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition

Forza 7 VIPs will be able to download all these cars from the in-game message center and add them to their car collection. Players will not only enjoy an immediate bump to their Car Collection score after adding these Tier 5 Legendary cars to their garages, they’ll also be able to take advantage of the inherent perks that each of these Forza Edition cars offer. In addition to the cars, we’re also sending all Forza 7 VIPs 1 million credits.

Secondly, and even more significantly, we will be changing VIP rewards in Forza Motorsport 7. This new system will work like it did in Forza Motorsport 6, offering a 2X base credit bonus after every race. We’ve already started work on this feature and we will release it as soon as possible. Look for more information on this update as we near the release date.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I don't understand why they keep wanting to pull this shit, it's not like they don't have an annual series which generates sales every year. Just fucking greedy.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

lestat wrote:I don't understand why they keep wanting to pull this shit, it's not like they don't have an annual series which generates sales every year. Just fucking greedy.
It's crazy, they have to know the negative publicity would ramp up to overdrive and overshadow everything about the game.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I caved.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Want to buy but $99.95 AUD is retarded.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Bought Project Cars 2 on PC. I played a little of the original on PS4, but was desperate for a racing game so I caved as well. GT:S is out in less than two weeks and I haven’t bought a GT game since GT5 in 2010. So I will be buying that as well, but not for $99 as it’s going around for.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Rorschach wrote:Want to buy but $99.95 AUD is retarded.
JB 79 dollars.

Problem is (and it seems to be widespread) the game will not load. Launch, splash screen, then straight back to the dash. So glad I didn't stick to my original plan of not buying Forza again.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm not going anywhere near this train wreck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Cletus wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Want to buy but $99.95 AUD is retarded.
JB 79 dollars.

Problem is (and it seems to be widespread) the game will not load. Launch, splash screen, then straight back to the dash. So glad I didn't stick to my original plan of not buying Forza again.
Digital code? If that's the case going in tomorrow to buy.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

no, physical copy

Game is installed but the huge patch hasn't and isn't and won't.
Last edited by Cletus on 06 Oct 2017 03:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Bugger, not redeemable on PC. Will wait for a sale.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

You can buy loot boxes with credits inside the game right? In that case I can understand why the VIP system doesn't work with that. I can't understand why they didn't realise this would create a shitstorm.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

That's the only way to buy loot boxes.

By the way, you can quite happily and easily play this game without buying a single loot box. The whole thing has been exaggerated beyond all proportion.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

I'm loving Hercy's repeated attempts at damage control for his precious Microsoft! :lol:

Are you forgetting you're supposed to be pretending you're an unbiased gamer and not a Microsoft puppet hardcore xbot like you really are? :roll:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

6 hours later, the game has decided to start updating the 32GB day one "patch" or what I like to call "the rest of the game that they couldn't fit on the disc".
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Hercy wrote:The whole thing has been exaggerated beyond all proportion.
This isn't surprising unfortunately. That's gamers.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

flipswitch wrote:Bought Project Cars 2 on PC.
How is it? I'm tempted.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Haven’t had much time with it, less than hour, but it’s quite hard at times driving and staying on track with the controller. I think this game was designed with a wheel setup in mind. I haven’t played much of it to recommend it to anyone.

Runs well on my setup, no bugs discovered currently.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I was expecting to be pretty underwhelmed with Forza 7. I was wrong.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

One thing I will say about Turn 10 is that they have been exceedingly niggardly with this game. In past games you always got extra credits and a decent amount of cars right from the get go, as a reward for your loyalty for buying past Forza titles. Now you get almost next to nothing. No cars, a few basic loot crates and that pretty much sums it up. The restoration they made for scamming us (or trying to) by rewarding us with cars don't transfer to the new game (and cars did tend to transfer across). You basically now start from scratch...just a few bucks based on your Forza tier and that's it. The game is impressive but Turn 10 has been pretty cunty about everything else we've come to expect. Even the level up rewards are just shitful. In this respect, I'm a bit disappointed.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I spotted a VK commodore and a '92 falcon in one of the car lists of this video. Sold.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Cletus wrote:One thing I will say about Turn 10 is that they have been exceedingly niggardly with this game. In past games you always got extra credits and a decent amount of cars right from the get go, as a reward for your loyalty for buying past Forza titles. Now you get almost next to nothing. No cars, a few basic loot crates and that pretty much sums it up. The restoration they made for scamming us (or trying to) by rewarding us with cars don't transfer to the new game (and cars did tend to transfer across). You basically now start from scratch...just a few bucks based on your Forza tier and that's it. The game is impressive but Turn 10 has been pretty cunty about everything else we've come to expect. Even the level up rewards are just shitful. In this respect, I'm a bit disappointed.
Yeah I noticed this too, only started over the weekend since I was absorbed with cuphead, but so far I find I'm up 300k already and seem to be earning enough from racing. We'll see how that goes, but usually I find I'm always flush with cash in forzas.

I noticed a GT sport demo came out, leeched that before work, so it will be interesting to compare.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I'm liking the single player mode in Forza for the first time in a while. I found that the problem in the past was that the game would let you choose a car and then it would modify the events around that car (i.e. you choose a supercar and you can do pretty much all events in that. Forza Horizon especially went in this direction with the blueprint system). I prefer being more tightly locked in to certain cars for certain races. I wouldn't have ordinarily taken the offroad buggies for a spin, but the game required me to, and they were a lot of fun. It also feels more like I'm progressing through the game, compared to when you get a Ferrari really early (or free) and just start using that for every race.

I could easily do without the loot crate stuff and I doubt I'll buy any except for the mod crates (once some nerd has crunched the numbers and confirmed if it's overall profitable) and maybe the odd car crate 6 months down the track once I've accumulated more money from the weekly tier rewards than I can spend.